Something I missed in ToD...

shazamtd

...until now!

I feel like one big bonehead but I just had to tell this story here.

As everyone knows Indy gets the right arm of his shirt torn off fighting the Thuggees in ToD. I, for some reason, had never caught how or why the sleeve came up missing. I guess I must've thought it was an editing error.

So, yesterday when I thought about it I sat down and watched the scenes of the fight in the mines and I finally saw it! LOL!!

I couldn't believe it! There it was as plain as day! The big Thuggee guard tears off the sleeve trying to escape from the rock crusher!

I don't know how I missed it this whole time but I'm glad I know the answer now.

Boy, do I feel like a dork. :p

Webley

That is the best part of these movies the more you see them the more stuff you see that you did not no was in the movie.

Indy's brother

Until I read this, I wouldn't have been able to say with any certainty when the sleeve gets ripped off! Just one of those things I know I've casually mused over but never really looked for....here at The Raven or in my millions of TOD viewings. :eek:

Thanks for posting this :hat:

shazamtd

Indy's brother said:
Until I read this, I wouldn't have been able to say with any certainty when the sleeve gets ripped off! Just one of those things I know I've casually mused over but never really looked for....here at The Raven or in my millions of TOD viewings. :eek:

Thanks for posting this :hat:

I'm glad I could help. :)

Calo

I also tend to miss some noticeable things in some movies, and when I tell someone about it, they tell me: "You've never noticed that? I knew that ever since I saw it the first time.".:p

mattzilla2010

shazamtd said:
The big Thuggee guard tears off the sleeve trying to escape from the rock crusher!

That's so weird, I just noticed this same thing for the first time when I was watching TOD a few days ago! And like you, I feel like a bonehead for not seeing it before. :p

shazamtd

Calo said:
I also tend to miss some noticeable things in some movies, and when I tell someone about it, they tell me: "You've never noticed that? I knew that ever since I saw it the first time.".:p

I know what you mean. I've been on both sides. :eek:

mattzilla2010 said:
That's so weird, I just noticed this same thing for the first time when I was watching TOD a few days ago! And like you, I feel like a bonehead for not seeing it before. :p

LOL I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. :)

The Drifter

It took me forever to really see it also. I have watched ToD too many times to count, and one day I just happened to notice it.
About a year ago, I finally noticed why Indy wrapped the torn shirt-sleeve around the palm of his hand.
:rolleyes:

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:
And what is the why on that? Or the when, for that matter?

When Chattar Lal trys to sneak up on Indiana with the knife. Indy is turning the wheel to save Willie, but sees Chattar creeping up from behind.
Chattar takes a swing with the dagger and slices Indy across the palm of his hand.
It never shows when Indiana wraps the cloth around the wound, but I guess that's why he did it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lonsome_Drifter said:
When Chattar Lal trys to sneak up on Indiana with the knife. Indy is turning the wheel to save Willie, but sees Chattar creeping up from behind.
Chattar takes a swing with the dagger and slices Indy across the palm of his hand.
It never shows when Indiana wraps the cloth around the wound, but I guess that's why he did it.

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, that'd make sense.

shazamtd

Lonsome_Drifter said:
About a year ago, I finally noticed why Indy wrapped the torn shirt-sleeve around the palm of his hand.
:rolleyes:

I've noticed that for quite some time.
It's funny how people can see a movie several times and always miss the same thing.

russds

shazamtd said:
I couldn't believe it! There it was as plain as day! The big Thuggee guard tears off the sleeve trying to escape from the rock crusher!

Wow, i always wondered that too. i always thought the sleeve magically disappeared, and was gone just for the dramatic/visual effect, with no explanation. Nice find, thanks for sharing!

As others have said, funny about these movies, you can see them a million times, and still notice new things. :)

-Russ

IndyJoey

I was watching ToD yesterday and noticed something that i hadn't ever seen before... When Indy uses Short Round's knife...