Story Ideas for Indy V

rhino

I am just throwing this out there, what if Mutt and Indy were at odds with each other. Perhaps, Mutt is tired of living under the shadow of the greatest adventurer of all time and strikes out on his own to find (insert Mcguffin).
Only the people he becomes involved with aren't the good types. Perhaps his relationship is accidental or intentional with these salty fellows. Maybe a love interest gets him involved?

Indy decides that it is in his best interest to tail after them, hoping to keep Mutt safe, and eventually there is a showdown. Take it from there!!

indyjones2131

rhino said:
I am just throwing this out there, what if Mutt and Indy were at odds with each other. Perhaps, Mutt is tired of living under the shadow of the greatest adventurer of all time and strikes out on his own to find (insert Mcguffin).
Only the people he becomes involved with aren't the good types. Perhaps his relationship is accidental or intentional with these salty fellows. Maybe a love interest gets him involved?

Indy decides that it is in his best interest to tail after them, hoping to keep Mutt safe, and eventually there is a showdown. Take it from there!!

Yeah that's kinda what I posted up top. It would work very well I think as Mutt will be seduced by the very things Indy sometimes was. Also it would separate them, which would put more focus on Indy being the hero - until the end of course where they team up. Damn I hope this is how they go.

rhino

Oh, sorry for stealing your show. I sometimes accidently skip over posts. Yeah, I hope it is the way it goes as well. Like you said, it would seperate the two and give them both their time in the light. It could be along the lines of old school vs. new. Of course, old school prevails!!!

indyjones2131

Yeah it sucks that i like this idea so much. I kinda doubt they would go this way with it unless they really want to win back fans of the original trilogy of course. But will they be willing to add that edge to the kid-friendly Mutt character?

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on part 5, but I swear if it's the same kiddy mess we got with 4 I'm gonna give up.

roundshort

I know, I know!

Mutt's motorcycle can actually be an Alien (a different Alien form KOTCS) that can transform into different things! And Mutt's Alien Transforming robot is tyring to protect earth form evil Transforming Robots. . .

And Indy can be grumpy dad who does not believe Mutt . . .

Wait it gets better, and then . . .

indyrocks1936

Also if ther is and Indy 6 they should have the fans mail there stories to a special adress to have the possibility of their story becoming a movie!!![/QUOTE}

That would be amazing if they did that, or at least held some kind of contest for us fans! i mean, if they can't come up with a good story, then why not give the fans a shot? I mean, we're the fans, shouldn't we have some kind of say in it? :D

indyrocks1936

roundshort said:
I know, I know!

Mutt's motorcycle can actually be an Alien (a different Alien form KOTCS) that can transform into different things! And Mutt's Alien Transforming robot is tyring to protect earth form evil Transforming Robots. . .

And Indy can be grumpy dad who does not believe Mutt . . .

Wait it gets better, and then . . .

Lol, yeah, then the guys from Transformers will come into the story by using the Delorean they borrowed from Doc. It would be a box office hit! :D Btw, has anyone other than me, has thought about combing Indy and Back to the Future, or should we just leave them alone?

Lao_Che

Inspired by the Hammer Horror thread:

Indy takes on a satanic cult obsessed with finding the Helm of Darkness used by the devil in his temptations - as the snake to Eve etc. etc. - which hides the user from the eyes of God, effectively allowing them to be free of judgement and release hell on Earth.

Indy is joined by Short Round, now a capable archaeologist, and Mutt, who finds himself jealous of Jones and Shorty's relationship as they seem to have much more in common than he and his father. A belief which is taken advantage of by the leader of the cult who may or may not be the Devil. ;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
ronicle said:
:( This thread is so depressing... The audience at the theater cheered when Marion came out in kotcs, thank God most of the fans don't feel the way some of the people here do..

Violet, I think I've worn out my stay here at the Raven.. Until Indy 5 gets finished I think I'll just be a lurker here at the Raven from now on.. Not much point anymore for me to post nice things about my two favorite characters here.

Oh, come on, ronicle. At least, you put a fight that Marion would be proud of, and I would definitely say that you are a bigger Marion fan than me! Besides, whatever happened to the forum you were trying to put up over at Yahoo? I remember getting a PM about it a while back, and I did try to join it but had trouble with the whole Yahoo email thing.

In any case, if you feel that you can't voice your opinion then shouldn't that be a matter to discuss with the mods?

Anyway.... Thank you to whoever put up these vids of the Making of the ride! I've been looking forward to seeing those for a very very long time!

Perhilion

Lao_Che said:
Inspired by the Hammer Horror thread:

Indy takes on a satanic cult obsessed with finding the Helm of Darkness used by the devil in his temptations - as the snake to Eve etc. etc. - which hides the user from the eyes of God, effectively allowing them to be free of judgement and release hell on Earth.

Indy is joined by Short Round, now a capable archaeologist, and Mutt, who finds himself jealous of Jones and Shorty's relationship as they seem to have much more in common than he and his father. A belief which is taken advantage of by the leader of the cult who may or may not be the Devil. ;)
that sounds pretty cool. what if Indy has to find the sword of st. michael to combat the evil.

Andrew Wilson

But what artifact?

A very interesting storyline!
The problem is, it misses the point of the original Indiana trilogy: that the artifacts (or 'McGuffins', to use the cinematic term) have links with history/myth.
In fact, one of the criticisms of last year's film is that the whole 'alien' thing just doesn't fit in with the Indiana genre (there are a number of very well written articles on the Internet making this point in persuasive detail).
The storyline posted on this site could be about anybody.
it doesn't take much research to find any number of myths from different parts of the world that would provide a good back-drop for another Indiana story, should the makers and performers be up for it. If so, I just hope it turns out to be a bit more convincing that last year's effort. Someone should have told George Lucas (before it was too late) that the whole 'inter-dimensional' CGI spectacular had no place in the Indiana Jones canon.

Lance Quazar

Just as an FYI, for legal reasons, they can't use ANY ideas that are submitted on this forum.

So don't expect them to come here looking for ideas. They can't!

Darth Vile

Andrew Wilson said:
If so, I just hope it turns out to be a bit more convincing that last year's effort. Someone should have told George Lucas (before it was too late) that the whole 'inter-dimensional' CGI spectacular had no place in the Indiana Jones canon.

Hmmm - Interesting take on it... that you seem to think you know Lucas' creation better than he does (unless you are being ironic that is). Lucas/Spielberg should be working for you ;)

Robyn

Violet Indy said:
Oh, come on, ronicle. At least, you put a fight that Marion would be proud of, and I would definitely say that you are a bigger Marion fan than me! Besides, whatever happened to the forum you were trying to put up over at Yahoo? I remember getting a PM about it a while back, and I did try to join it but had trouble with the whole Yahoo email thing.

In any case, if you feel that you can't voice your opinion then shouldn't that be a matter to discuss with the mods?

Anyway.... Thank you to whoever put up these vids of the Making of the ride! I've been looking forward to seeing those for a very very long time!

Thanks Violet, there just seems to be too many Marion haters here right now, and seeing how Attila was one of the ones who told me to shut up about Marion and seeing how he's a mod... But Finn did do something about Resident calling me an idiot/pig just because I said Willie&Elsa were trampy(slang for sexually promiscuous) or in other words.. easy

I'm just gonna stay quiet until it gets revealed how big of a part Marion gets in Indy 5, and if she gets a big part, I'll come back to the Raven and rub it in for all the haters ;)

ronicle said:
Thanks Violet, there just seems to be too many Marion haters here right now, and seeing how Attila was one of the ones who told me to shut up about Marion and seeing how he's a mod...
I'm just gonna stay quiet until it gets revealed how big of a part Marion gets in Indy 5, and if she gets a big part, I'll come back to the Raven and rub it in for all the haters ;)

Well, I think you should take a page out of your hero's book and stand up to opposition.(y)

No offence meant, but it seems to me Willie would play the waiting game!(n)

If it's more then this, fine...but don't let one bully or a couple of posts get you THAT bent. (Easier said then done I guess!):hat:

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Well, I think you should take a page out of your hero's book and stand up to opposition.(y)

No offence meant, but it seems to me Willie would play the waiting game!(n)

If it's more then this, fine...but don't let one bully or a couple of posts get you THAT bent. (Easier said then done I guess!):hat:

I'm not really so much bent(and how dare you call me Willie!:gun: ) But I seem out numbered compared to all the Marion haters here lately who hate it when you post about Marion (including Attila:rolleyes: )

But I guess you're right though, I don't want to seem like puss... maybe I need a stonger frying pan?;) :gun:

Andrew Wilson

Darth Vile said:
Hmmm - Interesting take on it... that you seem to think you know Lucas' creation better than he does (unless you are being ironic that is). Lucas/Spielberg should be working for you ;)

That's a nice idea! :D

I'm far from alone in thinking that one of them (and Internet opinion seems on the whole to think it is Lucas) lost the plot somewhat with last year's offering.