Custom PLAYSETS & DIORAMAS with your INDY TOYS!!

glorbes

Mike D said:
I always loved the images in Mike Mignola's Hellboy comics of those ruined european castles with miles of unexplored catacombs beneath that Hellboy is always falling through.

Its funny...I had this exact sort of thing in mind when I started this. I even thought about adding a gothic or celtic cross to really ramp up the Mignola influence. I agree that the window is pretty castle-like...I may make it an antechamber in an early Christian/late Roman fort filled with treasure...still not sure though. Thanks for the feedback.

Mike D

glorbes said:
Its funny...I had this exact sort of thing in mind when I started this. I even thought about adding a gothic or celtic cross to really ramp up the Mignola influence. I agree that the window is pretty castle-like...I may make it an antechamber in an early Christian/late Roman fort filled with treasure...still not sure though. Thanks for the feedback.

Well, you've really nailed it because that's exactly what flashed across my mind when I saw it. I think the cross would certainly add to it... or a gargoyle. I really can't wait to see this completed. I hope you'll keep us updated with wip pics!

Mike

Lance Quazar

Glorbes, I think this is amazing work!!! I have been working ok some generic, modular temple wall pieces by cutting stone/brick pattens into sheets of extruded foam with awful results!!!

I love the look of your dio and would love to steal your technique. Unfortunately, one of the sets I need to build is very large and this method is obviously very time consuming.

Still, the results are sensational and maybe I can try it for something else. The patterns really bring it to life!

I think the window is too high to be a niche for an artifact, so I also vote for window.

Awesome work, very inspiring!!!

Lambonius

glorbes said:

I'm working on my Master's in Art History, and I can safely tell you that what you've started looks VERY Roman. I'd go full on in that direction if I were you. If you added some arches and columns along the two unwalled sides of the floor (see the image below for an example of the type of thing I'm thinking,) you'd have an absolute dead ringer for Roman ruins. Just saying. :)

4.jpg

inky_skin

glorbes - lovin' it man ! I really want to do something like this to pull my various ToD pieces together. One word for you though - crypt ! Get some underground burial chamber action in there !

FYI - send me a PM - I've been working on embedding LEDs into clear casts of Sallah's torch - might be perfect to add to your project.

Goonie

This thread has been kind of dead for a while. Has anyone been working on any projects?

I think I'm going to get back to work on my Temple of the Forbidden Eye paper model. I put it on hiatus for a bit (had some financing problems... -just kidding), but I think it's time to get back to work on it.

glorbes

Goonie said:
This thread has been kind of dead for a while. Has anyone been working on any projects?

My playset go partially crushed, and I haven't had the heart to repair it. Also, I finally scored full-time work, which means that time for projects has dwindled. I've got a list of things I'd like to make, but the time and the will seems to be harder to come by these days. I'd love to finish the Tri-Motor, but my wing assembly was a total disaster. Another project I'd like to attempt is the circus train from Last Crusade...after finding Young Indy at retail, this idea has begun to really appeal to me. But...I should probably finish projects that I've already begun :D

here's a new display piece i picked up. It used to have pvc animals on it, as i got it from work at the Lincoln Park Zoo gift shop. Right now its got Star Wars figures on it, but once i sand off some glue and give it a new paint job its most likely gonna be something for Indy
n34314617_35788983_9159.jpg

n34314617_35788984_9490.jpg

vf wing

Nice display piece! Just recently picked up those Sith Evolutions figures myself, they are sweetness incarnate!

Goonie

glorbes said:
My playset go partially crushed, and I haven't had the heart to repair it. Also, I finally scored full-time work, which means that time for projects has dwindled. I've got a list of things I'd like to make, but the time and the will seems to be harder to come by these days. I'd love to finish the Tri-Motor, but my wing assembly was a total disaster. Another project I'd like to attempt is the circus train from Last Crusade...after finding Young Indy at retail, this idea has begun to really appeal to me. But...I should probably finish projects that I've already begun :D

Glorbes, congrats on the job (y) . I've been laid-off since April and still haven't been able to find anything. I'm hoping to relocate to Alberta in the new year. That's pretty much the main reason my Temple of the Forbbiden Eye paper model has been put on hold, because I've been too busy looking for work.:(

Errex

Nice!. I myself have been eyeing the Narnia Trebuchet thingie, but it is still full price and I just don't feel it would work with my IJ figures unless I get my hands on a Grail Knight.

col.dietrich

tnswman said:
Ok folks..Let's see the creativity here...Since Hasbro is limiting us to only one playset from the new line..Let's see how you make your owm playsetsand Dioramas.

I will start with my Chuchilla cemetary / AKATOR temple playset / Diorama that I use to display my KOTCS figures.

I made the cemetary playset because from the start, I KNEW tha this was going to be my favorite part of the movie, Man I was NOT wrong!!

Main Diorama set-up:
009-3.jpg

Cemetary ( based off the Novel where there were 3 Warriors):
007-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

AKATOR (based off of early photos):
indy007-12.jpg

indy005-13.jpg

indy004-13.jpg

indy002-13.jpg

indy001-16.jpg

indy003-13.jpg

So, There you have my "playset" I know it is basic and hastily done..But I needed something to take up space for my KOTCS Hasbro shelf since they didn't make many KOTCS toys.

Next is my Jungle Cutter and how I envisioned a fight on it :)
028-4.jpg

030-3.jpg

031-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

032-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

033-3.jpg

034-2.jpg

Now...PLEASE don't let me be the only one to post their pics here...Even if you have posted them before..Let us see what you have done with your Indy toys and YOUR imagination and skills!!!

HAVE FUN!!

great! where did you get the miniture shrubbery for the graveyard?