Skeletons I've made

scott434

Made these for our haunted house this past year.

photo-3.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

scott434

JuniorJones said:
Scott - 7 post of pure awesomeness...where have you been for the last 30 years!!

I've been around since rumors started about Indy 4. I just never signed up. We used to do a haunted house every year for our town. It was six 20x16 foot rooms that flowed into each other. I love making props and doing themes. This video is of 2010. My room is the cornfield theme. I'm the guy in a wheelchair that waves to the night vision camera. I was working the skeleton jumping out on people. It was so funny to see them jump!

Here is the video - http://s56.beta.photobucket.com/user/scottlafleur/media/Depot2010ntscstandard_mpeg2video.mp4.html

Indy's brother

scott434 said:
???????? What in the world does this mean??
Not much to read into there. I was patting you on the back, your skeletons are awesome, and even the upkeep was compelled to say the same. Quite the turnaround from your previous thread. All done by your 8th post here at the raven. Does my humor really come off that dry around here?

scott434

Thanks

I appreciate the nice jesture! I don't usually volunteer to share my injury but, when I was 17, I got into a farm accident which left me a C6-7 quadriplegic. I can't move anything from my chest on down. I can use my left hand pretty good but only have about 30% of normal strength in it. My right hand is bad. I can barely grab an empty coke can. So I do this all from my wheelchair when I'm not too busy designing homes. I wish I was able bodied because I would really make my mancave look like a real cave!! Seem like most things are either too high or too low for me to reach!!! hahaha

Here's a coupel videos -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHYelCE7Xc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wXDF2JqOs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1jeauwb50c

Goodeknight

Amazing videos, Scott. Don't kid yourself. The whole body might not work, but you are certainly more *able* than most people I know. Active, healthy, and a talented designer. Inspirational. Guess you just can't keep a creative spirit down, at least not for long.

I want to see some vids of you tooling around on that Razr! Looks like fun.

Montana Smith

scott434 said:
I appreciate the nice jesture! I don't usually volunteer to share my injury but, when I was 17, I got into a farm accident which left me a C6-7 quadriplegic. I can't move anything from my chest on down. I can use my left hand pretty good but only have about 30% of normal strength in it. My right hand is bad. I can barely grab an empty coke can. So I do this all from my wheelchair when I'm not too busy designing homes. I wish I was able bodied because I would really make my mancave look like a real cave!! Seem like most things are either too high or too low for me to reach!!! hahaha

And you still make mighty fine skeletons (and man caves) in spite of your injury!

That's the Indy spirit right there. Never give up!

bow1.gif

scott434

Indy's brother said:
Nothing against your scratch-built skeletons, but I'd love to see your techniques applied to a more anatomically correct bunch of bones. Off season, you can find stuff pretty cheap.:dead:

Wow! I've never found ANY life sized skeletons that cheap! That's a good deal. Had I found those earlier, I would've never spent so much time doing those by hand!! You see the one that is brown that I made that has white ribs? Those ribs started off as a 5 gallon white bucket! Lots of cutting with a hand that barely works. I won't be doing that again. Thanks for the info!

Indy's brother

Honestly, your diy ones are unsettling (in the right way), and it could be due to your process... but like I said, I'd be interested in seeing you ply your skills on a bucky, too! Heck, you could conceivably craft a Forrestahl to watch ROTLA with!

scott434

Indy's brother said:
Honestly, your diy ones are unsettling (in the right way), and it could be due to your process... but like I said, I'd be interested in seeing you ply your skills on a bucky, too! Heck, you could conceivably craft a Forrestahl to watch ROTLA with!

It would be hard to match the face. Maybe if I could find a halloween mask. Don't give me anymore ideas!!!!! LOL