What's your poison?

metalinvader

Inspired by everyones favorite Resident,What's everyones liquid courage of choice?

Mine,Bar none goes to Shipyard's Pumpkin Head ale..

pumpkin.gif

All that's missing is the whipcream.It's literally pumpkin pie in beer form.So ****ing good.

Of course my usual fallbacks are Sam Adams and Guiness.

As far as beer is concerned...

Resurrection Ale and Blue Moon are my two current favs. Resurrection Ale is a local brew, pretty hard to find even here and it's brewed only a few miles from my campus. Luckily the sports bar on campus has it on tap.

As for hard liquor, I'm a Scotch man. Love my Teacher's Highland Cream. Damn good blended malt for only $20.

Is Shipyard regional? I'll see if I can track some down.

metalinvader said:
I'm not sure if Shipyard is regional,As far as I know it's only here in New England..

Wait a sec...

http://www.shipyard.com/pdf/distrolist.pdf

It appears the distrobted in other areas as well.Give it a look out all their beer is pretty ace!

Hey RA,Ever try Arogant Bastard Ale? It's some mighty fine ****!

It's here in Maryland-- I'll do my damndest to find it.

Haven't had Arrogant Bastard either, but by the name of it, sounds like just my kinda thing. ;)

Here's some Resurrection to entice you a bit...

3392544014_1c81ecc88a.jpg

Last edited:
metalinvader said:
http://www.arrogantbastard.com/

ABA is 7.2 % alc. per volume,The **** is lethal!

I still havn't been able to find their Double Bastard Ale which is 10% alc per volume.(y) :eek: (y)

Resurrection is the same ABV. I also drink Raison D'etre from the semi-local Dogfish Head Brewery. That **** is 8%. A bit of an acquired taste though. It's VERY dark.

Did you hear about Tactical Nuclear Penguin out of Scotland? It was... 36%? Mighta been 32%. Something like that. It holds the record for the beer with the highest ABV ever. Sadly it was limited to just 500 bottles-- I'd kill for a taste.

metalinvader

Yeah,We get Dog Fish up here in NH.I may have to try some on Friday.What do you suggest?

That beer with the ABV in it's 30's sounds absolutely amazing.As for just a taste,I'm pretty sure just one taste is all it takes!

metalinvader said:
Yeah,We get Dog Fish up here in NH.I may have to try some on Friday.What do you suggest?

That beer with the ABV in it's 30's sounds absolutely amazing.As for just a taste,I'm pretty sure just one taste is all it takes!

Indeed!

Go snag some Raison D'etre-- it's everything its name suggests. I have only one bottle left in the refrigerator-- holding off on that one. Too good to blow so heedlessly.

metalinvader

lol Reason for being,eh?I'm loving the description of said beer on their website.I'll give this a shot for sure!

Ever dabble in any hard cider? I'm currently on a Woodchuck cider kick myself.

metalinvader said:
lol Reason for being,eh?I'm loving the description of said beer on their website.I'll give this a shot for sure!

Ever dabble in any hard cider? I'm currently on a Woodchuck cider kick myself.

Have not. Any suggestions?

metalinvader

ResidentAlien said:

Woodchuck,It's national as far as I know.

Cider is definetly an acquired taste.Think along the lines of alcoholic apple juice.

It's not as wussy as it sounds.I assure you!:p

metalinvader said:
Woodchuck,It's national as far as I know.

Cider is definetly an acquired taste.Think along the lines of alcoholic apple juice.

It's not as wussy as it sounds.I assure you!:p

Pretty sure they have it at the bar I mentioned earlier. Sounds familiar.

...but yeah.... it's sounds pretty wussy. :p

I'll give it a go. Does it go alright with wings? I typically only ever go to that bar for the renowned wings.

metalinvader

ResidentAlien said:
Pretty sure they have it at the bar I mentioned earlier. Sounds familiar.

...but yeah.... it's sounds pretty wussy. :p

I'll give it a go. Does it go alright with wings? I typically only ever go to that bar for the renowned wings.

Heh.No idea...But it goes great with nachos and fried pickles!
Fried pickles are a drinking vice of mine
Clear your PM box btw!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ResidentAlien said:

Hornsby's is pretty good too, but Woodchuck's seasonal this fall was excellent.

And metalinvader, just about anything Dogfish Head puts out is pretty excellent. I'm in Philly, and they're a Delaware company, so it's very easy to come by, and they're trying new things all the time. Still haven't managed to get down to the brewery though.

I tend to alternate between favoring the white liquors (usually gin, really) and the brown liquors. Been playing around with mixing old-fashioneds lately - I say go with rye.

Mickiana

I've heard of Dogfish Head Brewery and their wonderful experimental approaches so I'm very jealous of your partaking in their brews. Here in Australia, micro and boutique breweries are becoming popular and increasing in number offering a better selection from the usual urine coming from the market dominators. I'm a homebrewer and I brew like a good brewery does - full mashing with cultured yeasts. I mill my own grain and buy hops from Victoria, Tasmania and New Zealand.

As for my particular poison, it's hard to say as I enjoy so many good beers regardless of their style, but I am partial to English ales such as Fullers or Youngs amongst many others. German beers also rate highly and we have some of their nice, dark, strong doppelbocks. Yum! As for German pilseners, where do i start? They may have lost the war, but their brewers know what they are doing. I cannot say which is a favourite as it's like choosing between a blond and a brunette - they each have their own qualities for which your preference may differ from day to day!

metalinvader

The_Raiders said:
Jacks is good. I also like sour apple Puckers and MD 20/20. Smirnoff is good with Mango peach V8.

I can tell you're underage because that's all we drank as teens.:p

Mad dog 20/20....Brutal man,brutal!

The_Raiders

metalinvader said:
I can tell you're underage because that's all we drank as teens.:p

Mad dog 20/20....Brutal man,brutal!

Sshhh, that's our secret ;)

We had paches and cream and cherry MD 20/20. We had some Gaetano that was better then Pucker. Of course now I can't really pick and choose what we're going to have for obvious reasons ;)
I have tried the alcoholic energy drinks like 4 Loko and I just don't like those. It's just not the same. :p