User Name
Password

Old 10-26-2016, 06:30 PM   #151
Indymag
IndyFan

Yay, for Indymag! They look fabulous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipwarrior
This offer appeared in IndyMag #3 in an interview with Find Your Fate Indy artist David B. Mattingly:

This is a great deal! I bought three prints from David, and he signed each one for me! It's incredible to examine the artwork in large format, because there are details in the original paintings that can't be seen on the book covers, due to the downscaling. For example, David put his initials on the heiroglyphics on Lost Treasure of Sheba and on the Egyptian gateway in Cult of the Mummy's Crypt! Vintage 1980's Indy novel Easter eggs!

I also contacted Barclay Shaw (artist for the last 2 Find Your Fate Indy books) to see if he also offered art prints of his covers, but unfortunately he sold the original paintings years ago, and is thus unable to scan them for sale. Well, at least I tried!
Indymag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #152
Indyfan82
IndyFan

Yes- nice! Thanks for the scans of the cover artwork- beautiful.
Indyfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:42 PM   #153
whipwarrior
IndyFan

Just back from the custom framers today:

Three original Indy art prints signed by David B. Mattingly, purchased directly from the artist through the special offer in last year's IndyMag interview. These are my personal 3 favorite covers by Mr. Mattingly. I'd like to have done the same for FYF #16 and #17, but Barclay Shaw sold his original paintings many years ago, and thus they are not available to buy as prints. Still, this is an awesome and unique display of vintage Indy artwork (and I was absolutely obsessed with the Find Your Fate books as a kid).
whipwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #154
Indymag
IndyFan

Quote:
Just back from the custom framers today:

Three original Indy art prints signed by David B. Mattingly, purchased directly from the artist through the special offer in last year's IndyMag interview. These are my personal 3 favorite covers by Mr. Mattingly. I'd like to have done the same for FYF #16 and #17, but Barclay Shaw sold his original paintings many years ago, and thus they are not available to buy as prints. Still, this is an awesome and unique display of vintage Indy artwork (and I was absolutely obsessed with the Find Your Fate books as a kid).

Yay! For indymag!
Indymag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #155
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Very happy for you, whipwarrior!

My first introduction to Mattingly was an article about him in "Starlog" magazine c.1980/81 and his featured paintings were amazing. The "Find-Your-Fate" covers aren't his best work but that doesn't take away from how special it is to have these prints in your collection.

Super framing job!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:15 PM   #156
whipwarrior
IndyFan

Here it is displayed with my Indy collection:

whipwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote