The Hulk

swords

"HULK ANGRY!!!"

Firstly allow me to say in response to others who felt the backstory and the drama was overdone: I disagree and although it may appear dragging, I think it is in this backstorying that gives the Hulk its edge over the recent insurgence of this pop fad gendre.

Secondly, keep in mind that I believe the original Batman will most likely be the best comic to screen adaption in history in my opinion, so Batman notwithstanding, the Hulk is one of the most satisfying adaptions I've seen when taking Spiderman and a few others as comparisons.

I think if you suspend your disbelief during the action sequences, and just accept that it really is the Hulk smashing those objects, whether it be tanks or jets, you can "vibe" with the Hulk a lot better. Thats what I did, and wow, I wouldn't want to mess with the Hulk when he's angry!:D

Agree, or disagree? Is there other gems you think was adapted better? Maybe even Daredevil?

Lon

I really enjoyed The Hulk also. I just amazes me people can't handle character development in movies. It all has to just two hours of things blowing up or getting crush. Sure that's all cool but to me it's boring if you don't care about the characters it's happening to.

I think the best comic-to-film movie is still the first Superman. Sure it's flawed in some aspects but I think the origin of the character is perfect.

I can't recommend any of the Batman movies. I just didn't think Burton's style of filmmaking went with the Batman character.

Blade, Blade II and The Crow (the first one) are also excellent comic adaptations.

wolfgang

Are you kidding? I love all the batman movies, and if you think about it, the villains are always the bad guys, Jack Nicholson, Michelle Phipher, Danny Devito,Jim Carry, Tommy-Lee Jones and Arnold Swartzeneger. OH! and Blade is also very cool. I haven't seen Hulk, so I can't say my opnion on it.

wolfgang

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! oh my God, my bad...silly mistake, I meant the good actors are always the bad guys! my bad!

Raffey

The Hulk is actually a pretty good movie.

My only critic would be that the bad guy(s) were rather weak or nonexistant.

I mean you have the HULK in all his monstrous glory and the best you can do is make him fight three dogs, some tanks and helicopters, and David Banner, Sr? :rolleyes:

Someone tell Ang Lee about the Abomination, please!

swords

Hulk sparing with the three dogs were an highlight, as were the tank and helicopter chases, but I tend to agree with the "David Banner, Sr" one.

I guess that would be an spoiler, but why would someone view this if they havn't seen this already?

BTW, I think the "panel effect" was the greatest thing since the invention of "the sandwich".

Yeah, that good...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Only seen the trailer. It's great! :) Especially the part, where he spins and throws a helicopter off! :D

<i>/edit: sorry, just noticed; it isn't a helicopter, it's a tank</i>

[Edited by VP on 07-19-2003 at 02:20 am]