Crystal Head Vodka

im sure he gets a lot of GB 3 questions, and from what i see on GB boards he welcomes the fan frenzy.
gagbdan.jpg

Im hoping he makes it to my town one day.

Goonie

FETT1 said:
COSTCO liq. store has a ton of this stuff just sitting on their shelve's....go git it....

Costco has got a liquor store? You must be in Alberta. I hate BC, especially now with Gordo and the HST.

I think Dan was also in Winnipeg during this tour. I wonder if Les got a chance to see him and get something signed for his museum.

Goonie

Just got back from the signing. Great guy. Dan signed both my bottle and the bottle's box, my Ghostbusters DVD set, my Arrow DVD, and my SNL Twenty Years book.(y) I'll post some pics later this evening.

He's selling bigger bottles now; 1.75 litre, for better enlightenment.:D

FETT1

Goonie said:
Costco has got a liquor store? You must be in Alberta. I hate BC, especially now with Gordo and the HST.

I think Dan was also in Winnipeg during this tour. I wonder if Les got a chance to see him and get something signed for his museum.

ONLY IN ALBERTA:D ...NO HST ....NO PST...oops..gst still!!:cool:

Stoo

Goonie said:
If any of you are in Toronto, Dan's got a signing there this Thursday:
So the Liquor Commission Board of Ontario (LCBO) has FINALLY decided to carry the stuff! That is great news because I'll be able to pick some up when I'm there this December.(y)

Thanks a lot for the 'heads up', Goonie!:hat:

Goonie

Stoo said:
So the Liquor Commission Board of Ontario (LCBO) has FINALLY decided to carry the stuff! That is great news because I'll be able to pick some up when I'm there this December.(y)

Wsn't it a religious group that complained about the skull-shaped bottles, thus the LCBO not allowing it to be sold there?

Also...
Another signing in Ohio on October 17 at Jungle Jim's International Market:
http://www.junglejims.com/events/dan_aykroyd.asp

I read their rules and had a good laugh.:rolleyes:

Stoo

Goonie said:
Wsn't it a religious group that complained about the skull-shaped bottles, thus the LCBO not allowing it to be sold there?
I don't know, Goonie. The CTV article you gave in post #34 is the only news I know of and it doesn't mention a religious group. Now you've piqued my curiosity...

When the heck is the SAQ in Quebec going to get it? I don't want just one, single bottle. I want to buy a whole case (+ the shot glasses)!(y)

Montana Smith

Goonie said:
Wasn't it a religious group that complained about the skull-shaped bottles...

You mean to say that there's a cult of The Crystal Skull?

I wonder if it's in the vicinity of Skull Island where a certain kongisking? ;)

Goonie

Stoo said:
I don't know, Goonie. The CTV article you gave in post #34 is the only news I know of and it doesn't mention a religious group. Now you've piqued my curiosity...

When the heck is the SAQ in Quebec going to get it? I don't want just one, single bottle. I want to buy a whole case (+ the shot glasses)!(y)

Hey Stoo, just curious, how much is a 750 ml bottle in Quebec? When I moved out here to Calgary in the summer, I got a nice surprise and found out a 750 ml bottle is approx. $19 cheaper than in BC! In Kelowna, it was selling for $59 at the government liquor store. Here in Alberta it seems to fluctuate between $38 and $41. The only thing is, I haven't seen the bigger bottles out here which in BC they sell for around $119 I think.

Stoo

Crystal Head Vodka Now Available in Quebec

Goonie said:
Hey Stoo, just curious, how much is a 750 ml bottle in Quebec?
Goonie, I did a search and the SAQ is finally now carrying Crystal Head Vodka!(y) Only the 750ml bottle though, and its price is the same as British Columbia, $59.75. (The 1.75 litre must be as large as an actual skull.)

Can't wait to get back home and have a swizzle.

P.S. You never posted a photo of your bottle & box with Dan's signature from last year!

Goonie

Stoo said:
P.S. You never posted a photo of your bottle & box with Dan's signature from last year!

Here's the bottle (Box is also signed- actually I wasn't expecting the box to be signed, but Dan asked if I wanted it signed as well, I said sure, so he did it for me(y) )

43400400Small.jpg

My SNL 20th Anniversary book:

43400398Small.jpg

And my DVDs:

43400395Small.jpg

Stoo

Goonie said:
Here's the bottle (Box is also signed- actually I wasn't expecting the box to be signed, but Dan asked if I wanted it signed as well, I said sure, so he did it for me(y) )
Nice, Goonie, and it's cool that Dan asked if you wanted his signature on the box. (The rules for the Ohio signing that you linked to are ridiculous!(n))

Before it gets too late, I left a message for you (& other fellow Canadian Indy fans) in this thread: Happy Thanksgiving Raveners!!!

Goonie

A good interview CBS did with Dan, covering Crystal Head, Ghostbusters, John Belushi, Ghostbusters 3, and more Crystal Head:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2y595vd981Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Goonie

Heads-up Canucks, Crystal Head Vodka is $34.99 right now at Real Canadian Liquor Store (usually it's around $41 here in Alberta). Check Costco's liquor store too, usually they're comparable. Bought myself a bottle for Christmas, cause some guy name Aykroyd defaced my first one last year... ;)

Stoo

Stoo said:
Goonie, I did a search and the SAQ is finally now carrying Crystal Head Vodka!(y) Only the 750ml bottle though, and its price is the same as British Columbia, $59.75. (The 1.75 litre must be as large as an actual skull.)
So, I'm back at home and just visited my local SAQ. They are carrying both sizes and had only 2 of each left on the shelf! The 750 ml. is $59.75 and the 1.75 litre bottle is $119.00.

Today was my first time seeing the stuff in person so I opened the big box to take a peek and felt the skull's magnetism. It even spoke to me! It kept repeating, "Credit card. Credit card. Credit card." but I mustered up all my strength and managed to resist it's beckoning. The BIG one is what I want but, considering I spent $850+ today on Christmas shopping (with more to do tomorrow), my treat to myself is going to have to wait.:(

Hopefully, it'll be cheaper in Ontario because I will be there in a few days.