Fate of Atlantis Reorchestration - Trio Synthonic Edition

IAdventurer01

I've been yet further procrastinating on writing my own music and have been playing around with existing music, like the Fate of Atlantis soundtrack! I've been messing around with it for ages, but only recently have gotten a piece to a quality I think is worth sharing.

Presentation of Atlantis

I may add more as I noodle around, and I'm likely to even revise this further. I just thought it about time to share and ask for opinions and critique. If anyone really wants me to tackle any of the other songs, you can likely twist my arm and get me to work on it! However, I'm sure whatever is come up with for the FoA Special Edition will be better than anything I churn out.

Mod note! I realize there are a couple of threads that already exist regarding FoA soundtrack versions.
However, one primarily is about Rich Douglas's version (which I believe is being featured in the Special Edition) and another more general topic that I myself started, but has been dead since 2009. Feel free to move this if you feel it's necessary. :hat:

Z dweller

Good Job! Which DAW did you use?

Also, did you have a score to work with, or was it all done by ear?

IAdventurer01

I use Reaper. I find it's perfectly capable, but I originally picked it because it's inexpensive! :p

I did use a midi rip as a starting point, but ultimately I rearranged a majority of the score before performing it. The original midi sounds great when performed, but maps miserably to more realistic sounding instrumentation!

The original file is well and truly gone in the end result, because after the basic score was complete, every note was entered manually and tweaked heavily. With the exception of some of the quick string runs, each instrument was performed "live" with a midi keyboard and breath controller.

Z dweller

IAdventurer01 said:
I use Reaper. I find it's perfectly capable, but I originally picked it because it's inexpensive! :p

I did use a midi rip as a starting point, but ultimately I rearranged a majority of the score before performing it. The original midi sounds great when performed, but maps miserably to more realistic sounding instrumentation!

The original file is well and truly gone in the end result, because after the basic score was complete, every note was entered manually and tweaked heavily. With the exception of some of the quick string runs, each instrument was performed "live" with a midi keyboard and breath controller.
Wow, a true labor of love then...

How about writing your own Indy-esque track(s) ?

You should be ready and primed, after all that painstaking reorchestration work. ;)

IAdventurer01

I would! Most music I write are for personal projects, however, and I don't have anything in the works right now that calls for Indy-like music.

It might be fun to go back and rewrite some of the tracks I wrote for an Indiana Jones fan-game I was working on in my teens, but I really can't justify the time to work on that right now