Hi there

No Ticket

Even if Adolf Hitler was a character in one of the Indiana Jones movies... the name itself is offensive. I'm kind of surprised you chose it. Why would you want to have a nickname or alias or whatever on here that reminds people of one of if not the most vile, wicked and evil person to ever live?

... for laughs or shock value?

It would be different if he were a fictitious character. But if nobody else minds enough then I guess it's fine. I just don't see why you'd want that.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
No Ticket said:
Even if Adolf Hitler was a character in one of the Indiana Jones movies... the name itself is offensive. I'm kind of surprised you chose it. Why would you want to have a nickname or alias or whatever on here that reminds people of one of if not the most vile, wicked and evil person to ever live?

... for laughs or shock value?

It would be different if he were a fictitious character. But if nobody else minds enough then I guess it's fine. I just don't see why you'd want that.

He doesn't actually post anywhere save for in this thread - it's the shock value.

Unless, of course, he's trying to provoke us into embarassing responses as a part of a psychological study, but he could look any number of other places first to do that.

Papa Jones

Attila the Professor said:
Unless, of course, he's trying to provoke us into embarassing responses as a part of a psychological study, but he could look any number of other places first to do that.

You mean he might be an alien? :confused:

Blue Jay

i can understand that some people don't really care that he named himself AH, but I think it would be totally different if he named himself sadaam or osama.
And i know they were not in the movies.
Still i don't think that this is a good reason to name himself that way.

But hey just my opinion.
Be happy for naming yourself after one of the worlds greatest butcher - congrats

Matinee Idyll

gear guardian said:
Zig Heil!

Uh, Zig?

ziggy.jpg

Finn

Staff member
Okay, people... I think it's time to move on from this rather fruitless discussion.

We have a saying in these parts: "Bad names don't create bad men - but bad men do create bad names."

Since Mr. Hitler here hasn't really broken any of the already existing rules of The Raven, I'm thinking we should give him a fair chance to do so before we start tossing any stones at his direction.

Ya'll okay with that?

roundshort

Finn said:
Since Mr. Hitler here hasn't really broken any of the already existing rules of The Raven, I'm thinking we should give him a fair chance to do so before we start tossing any stones at his direction.

Why should he treat him any different than anyone else here?

oki9Sedo

I don't find his use of Adolf Hitler as his name offensive, but its clear that Mr. Hitler himself is aware that there are people who would be offended, and yet he chose to go by that name anyway. He only chose it for the sake of being different anyway.

sarah navarro

Finn said:
Okay, people... I think it's time to move on from this rather fruitless discussion.

We have a saying in these parts: "Bad names don't create bad men - but bad men do create bad names."

Ya'll okay with that?
i agree , i like to use the term ,"DON'T BE HATIN". :gun:
welcome to the raven adolf hitler

I see, fuhrer, that you joined some time ago. Neverthless, it is my duty to welcome you. That is, if you still visit the Raider. I think that we are going to get on like a house on fire, even better, several houses on fire. I have one question. How did you get out of the bunker? Those Russians had you by the balls.

:eek: