Let's help Magnoli get to Ireland

DiscoLad

You think she's hot, man?
Are we looking at the same woman?? Kathryn right?
:eek:

... I wouldn't touch that with a... 39 and a half foot pole. hehe. The Grinch.

Joosse

Well, she's also known as Sophia Hapgood in the lost journal of Indiana Jones... ;)

Come on guys, let's get them to Ireland! :whip:

Sharkey

While we're at it we should help get Lucas to Cannes.

With the prices he charges he should help get us over there!

Joosse

Apparently the competition is closed, but despite the votes, they are going to be chosing a winner themselves? :confused:

An Affair with Ireland

We're very sorry but this competition has now closed!
We've had a great reaction to the An Affair With Ireland competition, and now we're figuring out who's going to be our lucky winner! It's a tough decision, we had some fantastic entries. The 15 entries with the most votes have made the shortlist and we will be choosing the most romantic couple to send to Ireland in 2011.
Check back on Monday 17 January to find out who won.
You can still visit the competition website if you'd like to browse the entries, however any new entries or votes will not be counted.

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
Apparently the competition is closed, but despite the votes, they are going to be chosing a winner themselves? :confused:

Sounds like they've reserved the right to choose the most photogenic couple for promotional purposes.

There has to be some payback, since things are rarely given away for free.

Joosse

Montana Smith said:
Sounds like they've reserved the right to choose the most photogenic couple for promotional purposes.

There has to be some payback, since things are rarely given away for free.

If they were going to do that anyway, why bother to have people voting? :confused:

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
If they were going to do that anyway, why bother to have people voting? :confused:

A cunning ploy to get people involved, to make them feel they can make a difference. The smiling mask of democracy! ;)

Joosse said:

Advertising.

Word of mouth.

Any of us who cared enough to look increased their traffic and possible add revenue.

Congratulations, you've been used.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Congratulations, you've been used.

Ooh, I feel dirty. (That's why the only thing I ever vote for is the the polls at the top of thread pages).

Who in their right mind wants to be voted out of New Zealand into Ireland?

Congratulations - you lost the competition! You don't have to go after all! ;)

Montana Smith said:
Ooh, I feel dirty. (That's why the only thing I ever vote for is the the polls at the top of thread pages).

Who in their right mind wants to be voted out of New Zealand into Ireland?

Congratulations - you lost the competition! You don't have to go after all! ;)
That $2 Whore makes the rounds doesn't she?

Yeah...the Emerald Isle, yuck!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
That $2 Whore makes the rounds doesn't she?

Yeah...the Emerald Isle, yuck!

She only charged $1.50 today, then said afterwards that she didn't have any change.

Whenever they show the 'Emerald Isle' on TV it's severely lacking in trees, and it's buildings are drab and grey... Is it all blarney?

Maybe the emerald bits are James Joyce's "sea green scrotum hugging sea" from Ulysses, which also ends with an utterance. A thread about which you bumped today, in reference to extracting class 5 clinger students from their beds.

FART

Now when we consider New Zealand Peter Jackson made three fantastic promotional movies for the tourist board. Lord of the Rings, or something.

Montana Smith said:
She only charged $1.50 today, then said afterwards that she didn't have any change.
The economy...

Montana Smith said:
Whenever they show the 'Emerald Isle' on TV it's severely lacking in trees, and it's buildings are drab and grey... Is it all blarney?
In a way, yes. From your lips to the Blarney Stone, (but don't kiss it, the lads to terrible things to it)...it's a bit of false advertising. Like the whole Iceland/Greenland thing.

Montana Smith said:
Maybe the emerald bits are James Joyce's "sea green scrotum hugging sea" from Ulysses,
Always was more of a Leon Uris reader, you know...Trinity?
The curse comes back, again and again, to taunt me...

While not as Epic as The Rings, Leap Year was a fine advertisement for Dingle...