General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Henry Jones VII

kongisking said:
That fridge should have landed in a lake or something hundreds of miles away, and Indy breaks out of it and reaches the surface, to find himself looking right at an astounded family in a boat on a fishing trip. He doffs his hat at them, swims to shore, and promptly collapses on the ground, gasping, "There's no way that should'a worked!" We fade out just as he falls asleep...and fade in to a few days later, as Indy's being grilled by the FBI agents at his home. The film continues as it was from that point onward (now, don't be like that! If I changed anything else, we'd have a totally different movie! Nobody wants that!).
you sir, deserve a medal. that actually sounds pretty interesting. (y) :hat:

Spurlock

kongisking said:
That fridge should have landed in a lake or something hundreds of miles away, and Indy breaks out of it and reaches the surface, to find himself looking right at an astounded family in a boat on a fishing trip. He doffs his hat at them, swims to shore, and promptly collapses on the ground, gasping, "There's no way that should'a worked!" We fade out just as he falls asleep...and fade in to a few days later, as Indy's being grilled by the FBI agents at his home. The film continues as it was from that point onward (now, don't be like that! If I changed anything else, we'd have a totally different movie! Nobody wants that!).

Just needs a crappy CGI fish to swim further into the water and it's gold.

Personally, I actually loved that scene, and whenever I watch the movie I pay close attention always thinking "there's noway he can make it".

Kai Hagen

I liked the fridge scene, but Lucas ruined the film with his later ridiculous scenes. He reminds me of my dad making bad decisions as he gets older.

Olliana

No one has posted this yet?

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=14102

A verbal agreement with Ford to play Han Solo once more has been in principle place since before the Disney deal. Over the course of this summer financial settlements were reached. The outstanding points that had dragged on but are now resolved are:

Ford wanted to see the synopsis for his character's development over more than just Episode 7. He saw this in August and is happy with the story arc.
Ford wanted a commitment to Indy 5. He did not get this as there is no plot line or script in place. What did happen was an agreement was made wherein an outline would be developed by the end of calendar year 2014, and if all parties can agree to it moving forward, efforts would be made to move on Indy 5 for release before the end of 2016.
Disney wanted a multi film deal with Ford which transcends Episode 7. This has now been agreed.

Spurlock

I was going to, but thought that if it was on the front page, everyone had already seen it.

Personally, this gets me excited, mostly because I chose to buy into rumors still. If it's true, it shows either Ford or Disney do in fact have a large interest in IJ5, which is good either way. I mean Ford basically made the fourth one happen.

And a deal to have a plot outline by the end of 2014 sounds good to me, Spielberg should be open.

IAdventurer01

Given all his recent comments, Ford really wants Indy V to happen, which is good news. Unfortunately, we need more than just the main actor to be on board. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that Ford wants another one, but we need to make sure others involved also truly WANT another one, so that it's not only made but also really good.

I liked KotCS well enough, but if there's going to be another one I want to remove the qualifiers and have it just be a great movie all around.

The Drifter

IAdventurer01 said:
Given all his recent comments, Ford really wants Indy V to happen, which is good news. Unfortunately, we need more than just the main actor to be on board. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that Ford wants another one, but we need to make sure others involved also truly WANT another one, so that it's not only made but also really good.

I liked KotCS well enough, but if there's going to be another one I want to remove the qualifiers and have it just be a great movie all around.

Who says Steveo has to direct? It would be nice, but Disney don't need him. Lucas either, find another dude to write the story.

Spurlock

The Drifter said:
Who says Steveo has to direct? It would be nice, but Disney don't need him. Lucas either, find another dude to write the story.

I mean as long as he's open to direct, I'd let him, but if he were to deny making another, I agree that he should not be a reason not to make another one, same with Lucas. There are plenty of other writers and directors capable.

On a side note, maybe a little someone Lawrence Kasdan could be contracted to write part of it, considering his new connection through writing the rest of SW7 with JJ.

The Drifter

Spurlock said:
I mean as long as he's open to direct, I'd let him, but if he were to deny making another, I agree that he should not be a reason not to make another one, same with Lucas. There are plenty of other writers and directors capable.

They're the reason another one hasn't gotten made yet. How many times did Georgie-Porgie claim he was 'working' on an idea, when all along he was doing nothing?
And, I think Steve is bored of Indiana Jones. His heart really wasn't in Kingdom. Ford's the only one who seems to want to do another.

Spurlock

The Drifter said:
They're the reason another one hasn't gotten made yet. How many times did Georgie-Porgie claim he was 'working' on an idea, when all along he was doing nothing?
And, I think Steve is bored of Indiana Jones. His heart really wasn't in Kingdom. Ford's the only one who seems to want to do another.

True, though his style is something Indiana Jones clings to. In my opinion Jon Turteltaub (National Treasure 1 & 2) should take the reigns if Speilberg doesn't fit in perfectly. Turt already is friends with Disney, NT was a Disney machine after all...

Lucas on the other hand is passed his prime by far, with his last hit in 1989, I don't think he'd be missed. With so many other writers, from the ones who've penned IJ novels, I'd rather have newbies than Lucas.

Zeus The Moose

So according to Jedi News (no idea how reputable a source this is), new details have emerged regarding Harrison Ford's commitment to Star Wars Episode 7, and it has some ramifications for Indiana Jones 5.

"Ford wanted to see the synopsis for his character's development over more than just Episode 7. He saw this in August and is happy with the story arc.

Ford wanted a commitment to Indy 5. He did not get this as there is no plot line or script in place. What did happen was an agreement was made wherein an outline would be developed by the end of calendar year 2014, and if all parties can agree to it moving forward, efforts would be made to move on Indy 5 for release before the end of 2016.

Disney wanted a multi film deal with Ford which transcends Episode 7. This has now been agreed."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=89147#KDeLTEUIlIMk1Iuu.99

So yeah, make of that what you will. Good day.

kongisking

Zeus The Moose said:
So according to Jedi News (no idea how reputable a source this is), new details have emerged regarding Harrison Ford's commitment to Star Wars Episode 7, and it has some ramifications for Indiana Jones 5.

"Ford wanted to see the synopsis for his character's development over more than just Episode 7. He saw this in August and is happy with the story arc.

Disney wanted a multi film deal with Ford which transcends Episode 7. This has now been agreed."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=89147#KDeLTEUIlIMk1Iuu.99

So yeah, make of that what you will. Good day.

No offense, man, but Olliana posted this a few messages above.

looks like it could be true, Harry is very intelligent so hes made sure he gets the indy five deal too, so it will be late 2015 when its starts filming, Harry will be 73 then but im more then sure he is capable and will look good on it. :)

Indy's brother

While there is no direct quote, and this is yet another nameless source making this PURE rumor, I like it. If it's a tall tale, it's the right way to make it sound believable. I want to believe this, but I'm going to need a direct quote from someone that is corroborating and validatable before I can allow myself to get too worked up over it.

Ska

kongisking said:
Of course, my concept would necessitate losing one of the coolest shots in a movie I've ever seen, but oh well.

Following the same logic, I would do the "three times it drops" scene something like this:

They come to the first waterfall, and go over it without a scratch arriving at a nice river with overhanging tree branches, with Mutt quipping "That wasn't so bad, was it?" (callback to TOD). But then they see up ahead a bunch of falls that will definitely kill them.

Unable to steer the duck, Indy comes up with a daring plan. He takes out his whip, snaps it onto a overhanging branch, and tells everyone to grab onto the whip as hard as they can and don't let go. When it goes taut, all of them are dragged out of the duck just before it goes over another fall and blows into pieces.

Our heroes keep holding onto the whip, which is rapidly tearing apart, and the current threatens to pull them all with. Finally, Mac screams something like, "Bloody hell with this!", and shoots the whip to let them all go, and they fly over the fall screaming. They all wash up on shore, lucky to be alive, and Indy rounds on Mac, who shrugs and slyly says, "Sometimes you gotta make gambles, Jonesy..." Then Ox notices the skull face nearby, and so on.

I can keep going, people. :sleep:

While I probably like KOTCS more than most of the internet. This is my biggest problem with the film. When watching the original 3, not once did I ever think "they should have done this or that". I wouldn't change anything about all 3 of them. But there is so much that I would like to change about KOTCS (while keeping the basic premise).

So many plot holes/over complexity (Spalko's mind reading for example), jungle cutter not being used to it's potential, lost jokes (I still don't know what happened during the ripping sound when they were all tied in the back of the convoy truck), inconsistent magnetic properties of the box in Area 51 (they couldn't come up with another way to find it?), missed opportunity using John Hurt as a crazy man instead of the great actor he is (how much better was his character at the end on top of Akator?), etc.

The film had potential on paper, just seems unfinished. Like they had good set ideas and didn't spend enough time fleshing out how to get from A to B. You'd have thought 19 years would have been enough time to get it right. I keep forgetting every time I watch KOTCS that's it's not the movie I play in my head.

Last edited:

EddyW

Indeed! So far there's no confirmation whatsoever on the believability of this rumour, but man do I hope it's true.

Pale Horse

Staff member
You know things are getting weird around the Raven, when a rumor for another movie makes it's way into a rumor thread about a non existent film.

Goonie

What does this mean? Does it mean Disney wants to offer him a contract to play a skeleton cameo when he's pushing daisies? :eek: ;)