Votes: 21 30.9%
  • 5yrs of being a fan- Fanatic

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Less than a month- Fairweather

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Stoo

davros72 said:
27 years! Since the original in 1981! (y)
Hey, yeah! What about us fans of 27 years? This is a good poll and I'd really like to see the numbers.
(The title for this one should be "How long have you been waiting?")

You sould REDO IT!;) :whip:

|ZiR|

There is no option for what I am.

So I chose fairweather, as I've only been a real fan since '07. I'd like to think I'll still be a fan 5+ years from now, but who knows.

Crack that whip

Another fan since seeing Raiders when it was new, though I saw it at a base theater overseas, almost certainly in late '81 but possibly early '82, some months after it came out stateside. Eh... close enough, I think. Put me down for 27 years.
;) :whip:

I've seen (or will be seeing) all the movies in theaters (multiple times for each) around when they came out, watched The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles in its original ABC run and watched the Young Indy 'movies' on the Family Channel, have read, er... most of the English-language novels, read the comics (and had a subscription to the old Marvel monthly series for a while), have played various Indy games (board and video; haven't played the RPGs, but do own them both, plus various supplements), have collected lots of Indy stuff, and have seen the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios (née Disney / MGM Studios). I hope this is enough to qualify for a passing grade on my fandom level examination.
;) :whip:

Junior Jones

I don't think the fan scale can be based on how long one has been a fan. I was expecting to see questions like:
* Have you collected the books, comics, video games?
* How many Indiana Jones action figures do you have?
* Do you wear a fedora on a regular basis?

Time spent as a fan doesn't necessarily indicate depth of fan-ness (if that makes any sense).

IndySeven

I've been an Indy fan for 7 years. It all started when I saw Raiders on either ABC or NBC back in 2001 for it's 20th anniversary! I was 9 years old, and was absolutely crazy about it! Ever since, I've been an Indy fan!(y)

The Golden Idol

I'll admit, I just got into Indiana Jones about two months ago, when I heard that a new Indy movie is coming out. :eek:

However, why does that make me a "fairweather" fan? Just because I introduced myself to the trilogy only two months ago doesn't mean I know much, much less about it than the senior fans.

eroc

The Golden Idol said:
I'll admit, I just got into Indiana Jones about two months ago, when I heard that a new Indy movie is coming out. :eek:

However, why does that make me a "fairweather" fan? Just because I introduced myself to the trilogy only two months ago doesn't mean I know much, much less about it than the senior fans.

Exactly, if you are in, you are in. It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan as long as you get on the bus. Welcome aboard!

It doesn't take years to become passionate about something, only passion.

The Golden Idol

eroc said:
Exactly, if you are in, you are in. It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan as long as you get on the bus. Welcome aboard!

It doesn't take years to become passionate about something, only passion.

Thanks. :hat:

DocWhiskey

Well, I'm only 20, so I doubt I was a fan when I was 1. But who knows. I was introduced to Indy when I was 8 and immediately was immersed. So that makes 12 years. Cool(y)