Indy Soundtracks

Bowie Fett

I was told that a 4 cd box set will be out this fall/winter. Does anyone have more info on the upcoming discs?

Thank you

:whip:

Crack that whip

That is correct, but so far, all we know about it is that Concord (the same label that just released the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack) will also release a four-disc boxed set in the fall, and it will include music from the first three movies.

Whether it is limited to those or also includes KotCS, whether there will be any additional music for the first three not on the previously-released soundtracks, how much it will cost, etc. are not yet known, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

:)

Michael24

At this point, if it's the first three scores remastered with Disc 4 comprised of previously-unreleased material for all three (similar to the Star Wars Anthology box set), price is of no concern. :D

MightyMegs

On the subject of soundtracks... has anyone figured out the proper order of the Indy 4 soundtrack cuts? I'm rearanging their order on my iPod. I think I have it, but I'd like other opinions.

Montana_Jones

Michael24 said:
At this point, if it's the first three scores remastered with Disc 4 comprised of previously-unreleased material for all three (similar to the Star Wars Anthology box set), price is of no concern. :D
I'd much rather have complete OST's with 2CD's each to be honest.

Bowie Fett

Where can I listen to/download/buy the out-of-print "Raiders" disc from DCC (1995)? I'm dying to put that baby on my iPod...

:(

:whip:

Michael24

Montana_Jones said:
I'd much rather have complete OST's with 2CD's each to be honest.
Oh, definitely. Me, too. Just like the Star Wars trilogy got those great 2-disc sets in 1997. I'd love for Indy to get the same treatment. (y)

davros72

MightyMegs

davros72 said:
Box set info:
http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1004&Itemid=1

Sequencing info:
http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1005&Itemid=1

I believe the info about KOTCS being included in the 4-CD box set comes from an email the webmaster of JWFan.com received from Concord Records. Which leads me to believe the box is just gonna be the original soundtrack releases just reissued together. No expanded/complete releases. No new tracks. Very sad.

Thanks!!!!!(y)

indyclone25

does anyone have copies of the extended edition of temple of doom and last crusade?

been looking for those and wouldn't mind adding those to my ipod ---- if you have them send me a note , thanks

Goonie

I got a question, who is Concord music anyway? :confused: I've never heard of them until now with the release of the Indy 4 soundtrack.

Was it a smaller company that merged with another or are they just new on the scene?:confused:

I kind of thought that the Indy soundtracks would be released by Sony, like the Star Wars soundtracks in 2004.
:confused:

Dust McAlan

I am really, really ****ing pissed off that if I want the Temple of Doom score after all this time I have to re-buy the OTHER THREE soundtracks that I already own.

What a ****ing waste.

Montana_Jones

Dust McAlan said:
I am really, really ****ing pissed off that if I want the Temple of Doom score after all this time I have to re-buy the OTHER THREE soundtracks that I already own.

What a ****ing waste.
My KotCS score came with a postcard type mail-in form.

I too am also this release is just a repackaging of the old soundtracks. Why couldn't we as fans get fully re-issued 2CD complete scores? Pisses me the hell off.:mad:

indyclone25

it's not like they havent put them out before-----

i mean over seas they put out the extended cds of indiana jones temple of doom and last crusade--- its like they don't have them where theycan just rerelease them ---:eek:

Montana_Jones

indyclone25 said:
i mean over seas they put out the extended cds of indiana jones temple of doom and last crusade--- its like they don't have them where theycan just rerelease them ---:eek:
Wait, legit or the bootlegs? I'm trying to complete both the ToD 2CD "Fortune and Glory" OST boot and the 2CD OST boot of LC. I'd much rather have these as both authorised releases in the utmost highest quality over 2CD's for each soundtrack and fully remastered.
The expanded score for RotLA is great but the LP I've read had longer tracks and more cues.
To hell with it. Why doesn't Concord just release later down the line individual fully complete OSTs with 2CDs each for RotLA, ToD and LC? Of course each would have THICK booklets and use the Amsel and Struzan art. Is it too much to ask for?:confused:

Crack that whip

Montana_Jones said:
Wait, legit or the bootlegs? I'm trying to complete both the ToD 2CD "Fortune and Glory" OST boot and the 2CD OST boot of LC. I'd much rather have these as both authorised releases in the utmost highest quality over 2CD's for each soundtrack and fully remastered.

Bootlegs, alas. There are no legit expanded releases of the ToD and LC scores, but there are boots floating around out there.

Montana_Jones said:
The expanded score for RotLA is great but the LP I've read had longer tracks and more cues.

The LP version of the 1995 expansion does have more music than the CD, but not more tracks; it simply has one track ("The Well of the Souls") that's a lot longer on the LP (it's about six minutes longer than the CD, or about 11 1/2 minutes total). Even with it, there's still music from Raiders that hasn't gotten released yet (at least, not legitimately, and not at all that I know of).

Montana_Jones said:
To hell with it. Why doesn't Concord just release later down the line individual fully complete OSTs with 2CDs each for RotLA, ToD and LC? Of course each would have THICK booklets and use the Amsel and Struzan art. Is it too much to ask for?:confused:

I'd love that, and so would many others. (y) There are obstacles to doing so, though. In order to release additional music from those scores that wasn't on the original albums, they'd have to license the music, and this could get expensive - they'd have to pay what's known as a "re-use" fee, which is a fee that's paid for music when it's recorded as a "work for hire" to be used for a specific purpose (in this instance, to be used in the soundtrack of the actual movie) and someone wishes to use it for an additional purpose beyond its original primary one (in this instance, putting it out on a soundtrack album; this secondary use is what makes it a re-use).

With Raiders of the Lost Ark, an expanded album happened even though ones didn't for the others probably, mainly, simply (woohoo! Adverb madness!) because Raiders was performed by the London Symphony Orchestra, and a lot of European orchestral recordings aren't subject to the same reuse fee licensing arrangements that domestic recordings are - Temple and Crusade were both recorded in the US by union musicians, and hence are subject to the AFM's (American Federation of Musicians) licensing regs, which stipulate a certain amount of money be paid for each musician who performed on the sessions and for a given number of minutes of running time. This means the licensing fees for those two would probably make them more expensive to release expanded albums than for Raiders (especially given how much music there is), and given that orchestral film scores generally don't sell anywhere near the level of, say, the latest Britney Spears single (yes, the world is truly full of injustice, as we all know), it's possible expanded editions of these two scores just aren't economically feasible. :(

But I hope I'm wrong, and that we do get them someday. And don't forget the Wolfe art for Temple, as well! (Yeah, it's already on the existing album cover, but they can reuse it as well as using the Struzan art for Temple if they do the kind of nice, thick booklet for it we all want to see. :) )

Indy Pendant

I have the re-release of the Raiders soundtrack and am about to rip it for my iPod. I also found a used version of the Last Crusade soundtrack but am less likely to rip it.

Does anyone recommend my taking the Temple of Doom soundtrack tape I have and trying to get it converted to CD/mp3s? It's used and about 40 minutes long, and the tape case is falling apart.

DarthMickey

Give us what we want!

:gun: Does anyone have the exact knowledge that they aren't going to be the complete scores? Has anyone directly stated from the company that they are the short versions of the soundtracks?