Pancho Villa

H

Henry-Defance

I couldn't believe that there was a reference to the chronicles. I love it when people acknowledge that some of us possess a plethora of useless knowledge.

oki9Sedo

That was the only one I got.

Well, not so much got as assumed it was probably a reference to some episode in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, which I never really saw.

Were there any others?

Irfaan

lol I noticed that too, i thought that addition was really cool! I felt like clapping in the cinema when i first saw that lol! Mutt's reaction to that was funny as well.

Joe Brody

I've always been partial to the opening episode of the YIJC, and I liked the reference in KotCS -- but the spitting?

Like just about everything in KOTCS, the spitting struck a discordant note. The Indiana Jones character had seen and lived too much to give that sort of reaction.

Imagine an elderly Robert Jordan (assuming he lived) spitting at a mention of Franco. Not gonna happen.

H

Henry-Defance

Joe Brody said:
I've always been partial to the opening episode of the YIJC, and I liked the reference in KotCS -- but the spitting?

Like just about everything in KOTCS, the spitting struck a discordant note. The Indiana Jones character had seen and lived too much to give that sort of reaction.

Imagine an elderly Robert Jordan (assuming he lived) spitting at a mention of Franco. Not gonna happen.

the spitting happened in the episode as well, by villas men whenever they said the presidents name. It drove the reference home.

Stoo

oki9Sedo said:
That was the only one I got.

Well, not so much got as assumed it was probably a reference to some episode in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, which I never really saw.

Were there any others?
2 other possibles: Pith helmet and car.

WillKill4Food said:
Noting the number of redundant threads popping up around here, there probably was...
Young Indy Reference in KOTCS?

Joe Brody

Henry-Defance said:
the spitting happened in the episode as well, by villas men whenever they said the presidents name. It drove the reference home.

I get that it was local practice . . . but to be doing it decades later after having lived through so much?

It was just silly.

indy458

Joe Brody said:
I get that it was local practice . . . but to be doing it decades later after having lived through so much?

It was just silly.

Ever meet old war vets? They do many "Silly" things regarding language and attitude but it's ingrained in them thanks to what war and events surrounding it will do to a person. I'm not surprised he still spits.

Joosse

I agree. Quite a few old French people still do it after speaking about the Nazi's.

So I'm with Henry-DeafandDumb on this one. It drives the reference home.