Egyptian Ruins Discovered in the Grand Canyon?

OldawanKenobi

Well,it was not that long ago that the Egyptians were also credited for building the Meso-American pyramids(rolls eyes).Man,those folks must have really gotten around! :)

Stories like that were actually quite common at that time period.Seeing as how there is no evidence of the migration of Egyptians into the SW US(or Meso America for that matter),consider me non-plussed.

Last edited:

Indy Benson said:
Whether it's true or not, I love reading stuff like this.

Is there a more recent follow up to this?

I haven't found anything more recent, but you're right.. this stuff is pretty fun to read. The Egyptian part is prolly a hoax, but the caves might be there..... too bad it's on government land and won't let anyone in there....

LaoChe

While I was in San Blas (a little town just south of Mazatlan in northwestern Mexico, I saw a HUGE grass and Moss covered pyramid. The locales told me it was an Aztec pyramid, but the Mexican government had fenced it off and filled it with poisonous snakes to keep people away.

Apparantly they did not want people to know of this anomalous location of an Aztec pyramid. It suggests that the Aztecs moved so far north, they may have even broken through into northern america!

Anyway, my point is, sometimes there are cover ups of anomalous finds because they don't follow popular belief, or they may induce a 'political' reassessment.

EDIT - I didn't mean to suggest I believed there were egyptian ruins in the grand canyon. Because I don't.

Last edited:

OldawanKenobi

Stories like the one in the article were circulated at the time because many did not want to give credit to Native Americans for their cultural accomplishments.Archaeologists have worked very hard for many years to de-bunk those myths,and to give due credit to the Native Americans for their many accomplishments.

Some crackpot who has seen too many episodes of the X-files probably would have no idea what any of that means.

If the Egyptians had settled in the US SW,we would not have to go looking for anything,because the evidence would be as plain as the monuments which would have been built all over the place.They did this in their own land,why would they not do so here?Is there any evidence of warfare between the Egyptians and the indigenous tribes?What(if any)evidence of migration is there?

If I were involved in that study,those would be some of the questions that I would be asking.There could be any number of reasons why visitors are not permitted at those caves,but there is no evidence that Egyptian ruins are one of them.

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I have heard about Egyptian ruins being found in Austraila, but I need to find a link about it....been a long while since last I read about it.

otto rahn

Aaron H said:
I have heard about Egyptian ruins being found in Austraila, but I need to find a link about it....been a long while since last I read about it.
I can't say that I have heard that one "Aaron". Would be interesting to read the article if you can find it and post a link.

Lakota_Wilson

Interesting I could find another enthusiast. I have been obsessing over this for quite sometime. I know it may sound silly but I have a journal of all my research similar to the grail diary or Abner's Ark notebook. I hope someday I can go and look in it and get down to the bottom of it. The only bad thing is, it'll have to be illegal.
Your Friend,
Lakota :hat:

Lakota_Wilson

OldawanKenobi said:
Stories like the one in the article were circulated at the time because many did not want to give credit to Native Americans for their cultural accomplishments.Archaeologists have worked very hard for many years to de-bunk those myths,and to give due credit to the Native Americans for their many accomplishments.

Some crackpot who has seen too many episodes of the X-files probably would have no idea what any of that means.

If the Egyptians had settled in the US SW,we would not have to go looking for anything,because the evidence would be as plain as the monuments which would have been built all over the place.They did this in their own land,why would they not do so here?Is there any evidence of warfare between the Egyptians and the indigenous tribes?What(if any)evidence of migration is there?

If I were involved in that study,those would be some of the questions that I would be asking.There could be any number of reasons why visitors are not permitted at those caves,but there is no evidence that Egyptian ruins are one of them.
Just think of the pyramids in Central and South America. They are somewhat similar to the ones of Giza. Possibly they had oh I dunno, "swapped" ideas. Haha. Not likely, but lets you feel like a kid again.
Your Friend,
Lakota :hat: