Heat Wave

roundshort

This is probably more for the US readers,but maybe Europe is also having record setting heat waves, like in 2003.

Most of America is having record setting heat waves all over the country. I know that in my little 'hood we had a succesion of days that hit 114, 113 and 115, with yesterday only hitting 109. What are other Raveners living through, and how are you all staying cool? And for our friends form the lands down under, what is your winter like?

roundshort

qwerty said:
I switch between the lake and the pool.

Ah yes anychance to quote Caddyshack

"Do you have a pool?" Carl
"A pool and a pond." Ty Webb
"A pond would be good for you." Ty Webb

well stay cool qwerty!

JoSav

We're suffering the hottest and dryest July since at least 25 years, possible EVER. So, yes, Europe can say the same. Hot. Dry. No AC.

fedoraboy

Here in the UK it's been around 100F for the past three weeks, and we haven't had any rain which is something of a record for Manchester

Gustav

I live in Florida now so it's pretty damn hot. The A/C in my car just died a few days ago. Sometimes I want to take a sledgehammer to the thing. I just try to stay inside as much as I can. I'm more of a night person though, so I don't have to put up with the heat as much.

San Holo

Now the rest of you are feeling a 'lil slice of summertime in Texas. It's always 100+ , from late May to mid September.;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Rumpled Fedora said:
Here

85°F
Clear
Wind: SW at 9 mph
Humidity: 63%

Here

68°F
Clear
Wind: NE at 17 mph
Humidity: 59%

No heat waves here, but it's been extremely dry. Wells and rivers are drying up, berries and plants are dying etc.

Magda

It's always 110+ F in Vegas. I thank whoever invented the air conditioner... then again, ours broke.