My Wested WASHED GOAT w/ pics

IndyFalco

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.
(y) (y) (y)

The washed goat from Wested is stellar. I was a little reluctant ordering at first, but I'm glad I took the leap from the lions head. The leather is fantastic. It already comes broken in, so it's not stiff at all. The color and feel of the leather is outstanding. It already has a distressed look to it straight out of the bag. It is a very beautiful Last Crusade jacket.
The weight of the jacket is normal for heavy leather such as goat.

I'll tell you that this jacket, is nothing less than Wested excellence !!! It is every bit what I was anticipating for. The jacket is solid and will definitely be a great addition to your collection and adventures for a very looooong time. That is of course if you don't get abruptly overtaken by a nazi submarine while on the Bantu Wind. Then.... maybe I'd understand. But you better have been dragged by a truck before you loose it !!!!

This is a 44 regular "offtherack" Washed Goat
jose016.jpg

jose023.jpg

jose024.jpg

jose033.jpg

jose042.jpg

jose035.jpg

Outdoor Picture. Though it darkens up outside by the light, you can still see all the characteristics given to the jacket by the "Wash".
jose001.jpg

Here are ALOT of HD shots of the jacket just incase you want to examine it.
http://photobucket.com/IndyFalcoWashedGoat

IndyFalco

Raider S said:
Too bad Wested is outsourcing these jackets instead of making them in the U.K. :(

It being "outsourced" is nothing bad. They still run back to the shop, are hand inspected for quality control by Wested, and are given the okay by Peter (and/or staff)

Over at Club Obi-Wan, a HUGE discussion broke out in regards to this topic.
In the end, no one felt cheated or disappointed by these jackets. Hell, these jackets are way better than some of the other indy jackets out in the market these days.

For anyone who has no clue what I'm talking about, take the time to read this forum to better understand which jackets are made outside of the U.K

http://www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=31386&highlight=india

indyclone25

that jacket is very nice and it looks just as nice as my jacket i got on ebay from the florida lottery ----don't you think?
indycollectionstuff008.jpg

6cf1_12.jpg

indyclone25

i know ---- i have sent in to the texas lottery 6 losing tickets to enter the second chance drawings so i am hoping to win another jacket or the boxed set of jacket, hat , 2 shirts and satchel. --- so i'm keeping my fingers crossed

IndyFalco

indyclone25 said:
that jacket is very nice and it looks just as nice as my jacket i got on ebay from the florida lottery ----don't you think?

Sorry indyclone25, But I can't put a Wested and the lottery jacket at the same level. I don't want people assuming that the Lottery jacket is on par with Wested.

For anyone who wants some information about this Lottery jacket, read up.
There's been a lot of controversy over the maker of these jackets.
They ARE NOT made by U. S. Wings.

http://www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=32927

http://www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=32277&highlight=lottery+jacket

indyclone25

i never said it was at the " same level " i just said " it's just as nice " meaning "i" think it is , i like the way my jacket looks. i'm just saying that it looks very much like the wested in most respects --- i got the jacket for less then a hundred dollars. but i would still like to get a todd's jacket someday , they are suppose to be more screen accurate. i 'm just glad i got a jacket that looks like indys --- i have been wanting once since the were selling them back in the 80's at bermans leather store in my mall, when i was sixteen and just couldn't afford the 350 dollars for it .:D

updated: here is a tennessee lottery second chance promo
prize_callout.jpg

Indiana Jones™ Hat
Nothing conjures up images of the strapping rugged archaeologist like his iconic brown fedora! This “crushable” 100% wool hat can be rolled up, stuffed in a pocket, or packed flat in a suitcase – then shaken out and worn to perfection. And while you may not be going to some exotic rainforest, you’ll still appreciate its water repellency on wet days. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo on the inside and the outside. One Size Fits Most.

Indiana Jones™ Leather Satchel
What did Indy keep in that little leather bag, strapped across his chest? What would you keep in yours? This mini-messenger bag is just the right size – not bulky, yet big enough for your essentials. Made of genuine brown leather that is supple, yet thick and tough enough to withstand any adventure your day may bring. Heavily padded shoulder strap ensures comfort. Several outer pockets are perfect for cell phone, keys, music devices and sunglasses. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo embossed on front.

Indiana Jones™ T-Shirt
The backdrop of this t-shirt features a silhouette of Indiana Jones cracking his notorious bullwhip. Its soft, 100% preshrunk cotton ensures a flattering and comfortable fit every time you wash it. Deep brown with the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo on the chest. Available in Men’s Sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL.

Indiana Jones™ Leather Jacket
So soft, it feels like Indiana Jones wore it himself and then passed it along to you! Made of genuine cowhide leather and lined with nylon, this brown leather jacket includes a hidden front zipper, adjustable waist buckles, two roomy pockets, and the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo sewn inside. Available in Men’s Sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL.

Indiana Jones™ Explorer Shirt
Great for fishing, hiking, camping, working in the yard, or any other outdoor activity, this button-down shirt covers all the bases when you want to “rough it.” Made of super-lightweight, incredibly breathable and durable nylon with built-in SPF 30 to protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Beige with the Indiana Jones™ logo on the sleeve, back mesh lining and vents, fishing rod holder, Velcro® fly box pockets, and tool holder make this the perfect shirt for the guy who loves adventure. Available in Men’s Sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL.

Apparel styles may vary from images shown.

there are pics of each item , but if you read the jacket info nowhere does it say it is a us wings jacket .

check it out with the pics here https://tennessee.secondchancebonuszone.com/indianajones/prizes.php

Last edited:

indyclone25

and this is the info on the texas lottery

header1.jpg

Indiana Jones™ Hat
Nothing conjures up images of the strappingly rugged archaeologist like his iconic brown fedora! This “crushable” 100% wool hat can be rolled up, stuffed in a pocket, or packed flat in a suitcase – then shaken out and worn to perfection. And while you may not be going to some exotic rainforest, you’ll still appreciate its water repellency on wet days. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo on the inside and the outside. One Size Fits Most.

Indiana Jones™ Leather Satchel
What did Indy keep in that little leather bag, strapped across his chest? What would you keep in yours? This mini-messenger bag is just the right size – not bulky, yet big enough for your essentials. Made of genuine brown leather that is supple, yet thick and tough enough to withstand any adventure your day may bring. Heavily padded shoulder strap ensures comfort. Several outer pockets are perfect for cell phone, keys, music devices and sunglasses. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo embossed on front.

Indiana Jones™ T-Shirt
The backdrop of this t-shirt features a silhouette of Indiana Jones cracking his notorious bullwhip. Its soft, 100% preshrunk cotton ensures a flattering and comfortable fit every time you wash it. Deep brown with the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo on the chest. Available in Men’s Sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL.

Indiana Jones™ Leather Jacket
So soft, it feels like Indiana Jones wore it himself and then passed it along to you! Made of genuine cowhide leather and lined with nylon, this brown leather jacket includes a hidden front zipper, adjustable waist buckles, two roomy pockets, and the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ logo sewn inside. Available in Men’s Sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL.

Indiana Jones™ Explorer Shirt
Great for fishing, hiking, camping, working in the yard, or any other outdoor activity, this button-down shirt covers all the bases when you want to “rough it.” Made of super-lightweight, incredibly breathable and durable nylon with built-in SPF 30 for sun protection. Tan with the Indiana Jones™ logo on the sleeve, back mesh lining and vents, fishing rod holder, Velcro® fly box pockets, and tool holder make this the perfect shirt for anyone who loves adventure. Available in Men’s Sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL.

Winners of the officially licensed INDIANA JONES™ merchandise prize pack will receive one (1) of each of the five (5) items shown above.

Prize pack winners will receive winner’s certificate by mail to complete size options and return for prize fulfillment. Prizes to be shipped via UPS. Please allow four - six weeks for delivery from the time when completed winner’s certificate is received and processed.

--- also here, it say's nothing about being a us wings jacket -----

heres the link for this one https://texas.secondchancebonuszone.com/indianajones/prizes.php

indyclone25

no pictures like the other two sites ---just onfo on the contest from florida if there was more info i'm not bothering "logging in" to a state lottery i don't live in but here is the info i did find

Official Rules

Indiana Jones™
Second Chance Drawing

Beginning Tuesday, May 6, 2008, players can enter their non-winning Florida Lottery Indiana Jones™ Scratch-Off tickets in the Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing on the Florida Lottery Web site to win authentic Indiana Jones TM Merchandise Prize Packs.

Six bi-weekly Indiana Jones second chance drawings will be held between May 16 and July 25, 2008 from entries received by midnight the night before each drawing. One final drawing will be held following the end of game sales (to be determined) from all entries received between July 25 and midnight on the night before the drawing. Entries will be good for one drawing only.

A total of 300 Indiana Jones Merchandise Prize Packs will be awarded in each of the seven drawings. A grand total of 2,100 Indiana Jones Merchandise Prize Packs will be awarded in the second chance drawings.

Each Indiana Jones Merchandise Prize Pack, valued at $583, includes:

• Indiana Jones 100% wool brown fedora hat
• Genuine cowhide leather jacket
• Long-sleeve Explorer shirt
• Leather satchel
• Indiana Jones t-shirt

To enter a non-winning ticket in an Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing, visit the Florida Lottery’s Web site at flalottery.com, click on the Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing icon and follow the directions.

The ticket number, which is needed for entry in a second chance drawing, is located below the play instructions on the front of the Indiana Jones Scratch-off ticket. Scratch off the latex covering to reveal the 22-digit ticket number. Winning Indiana Jones tickets cannot be used for entry in a second chance drawing. The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries received.

Players may enter as many times as they wish during the contest period. However, each valid ticket number may only be used one time, for one entry into the next scheduled drawing. PLEASE NOTE: CONTRARY TO A STATEMENT PRINTED IN THE INDIANA JONES HOW-TO-PLAY BROCHURE, THE GAME RULES FOR THIS PROMOTION PROVIDE THAT INDIVIDUALS WHO ENTER MULTIPLE VALID, NON-WINNING TICKETS IN THE INDIANA JONES SECOND CHANCE DRAWING ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN MULTIPLE TIMES PER DRAWING.

Retain your non-winning ticket(s). THE NON-WINNING TICKET MUST BE PRESENTED IN ORDER TO CLAIM A PRIZE IN THE SECOND CHANCE DRAWING.

DO NOT MAIL YOUR TICKET TO THE FLORIDA LOTTERY unless you are contacted by the Florida Lottery. Non-winning tickets received in the mail by the Florida Lottery will not be entered into the drawing and will not be returned.

A total of 300 entries will be drawn in each drawing. Each prizewinner will win an Indiana Jones Merchandise Prize Pack.

The 300 prizewinners in each Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing will be posted on flalottery.com by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the draw. Winners will have 180 days from the applicable draw date to claim their prize. The Florida Lottery will attempt to notify prizewinners using contact information submitted on the player registration; however, the responsibility of claiming a prize remains with the player. Indiana Jones Merchandise Prize Packs will be shipped to the winner’s address within approximately 15 business days after the winning ticket has been received by the Lottery. Unclaimed prizes, if any, will be used for future Florida Lottery promotional prizes.

All entries are subject to validation by the Florida Lottery and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met. To claim an Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing prize, the player must submit to the Florida Lottery the original valid non-winning ticket bearing the entry number selected in the drawing. Without such ticket, the player will forfeit his or her right to claim a prize. Therefore, it is imperative that players retain all non-winning tickets used to enter the second chance drawing.

Winners must submit the valid entry ticket along with a completed Winner Claim Form to the Florida Lottery. Winners who cannot produce a valid entry ticket and/or do not return their Winner Claim Form as set forth above will forfeit their right to claim the prize.

All federal, state and/or local taxes or other fees will be the responsibility of the winner. A nonresident claimant who is selected as a winner will be awarded the cash value of the prize in lieu of the prize. Federal income taxes will be withheld from the prize amount at the rate of thirty percent (30%) pursuant to applicable provisions of the Internal Revenue Code. The reporting and subsequent payment of any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the nonresident winner.

No cash option is available in lieu of the prizes.

The right to claim a prize cannot be assigned to another person or entity.

All prizes are subject to the provisions of Chapter 24, Florida Statutes, and rules promulgated thereunder, including the official Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing rule. Prizes will be paid in accordance with the rules of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. Copies of the current prize payment rule and the Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011.

Players must be at least 18 years of age. Persons prohibited by Section 24.116, Florida Statutes, from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to play.

A player entering the Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing is deemed to have granted permission for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record the prizewinner with or without prior notification and to use the name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the prizewinner for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation.

The Indiana Jones Second Chance Drawing shall be public, held in Tallahassee, Florida, and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm. The results of the drawing will be available after the drawing on the Florida Lottery’s Website at flalottery.com, by phone at (850) 487-7777 and at Florida Lottery retailers.
Must be 18 or older to play. Please Play Responsibly.

Copyright 2008 Florida Lottery, All Rights Reserved. Must be 18 or older to play. Please Play Responsibly

again i see nothing saying that it was a us wings jacket --but like i said if there was more info i wasn't going to waste my time logging in ( yeah but you are probably telling yourself , "he sure is wasting time doing all this" ) ----lol , i am just doing this to prove that even tho the jacket does look nice it was never said to be a us wings jacket , thank you for letting me tell you what i think --- i have a jacket now that looks like indy's and i am happy with that!

Last edited:

Wulfgang

indyclone25 said:
and this is the info on the texas lottery

Indiana Jones? Leather Satchel
What did Indy keep in that little leather bag, strapped across his chest?

:confused:
DO you think these lottery guys ever watched an Indy movie??

Great coat IndyFalco. I really like the LC Wested. I have alreay started a Wested coat fund..and with these pictures.. well lets say the Jonesing is just getting worse.
Thanks for the pics and wear your coat in good health!
Wulfie

indyclone25

Wulfgang said:
:confused:
DO you think these lottery guys ever watched an Indy movie??

Great coat IndyFalco. I really like the LC Wested. I have alreay started a Wested coat fund..and with these pictures.. well lets say the Jonesing is just getting worse.
Thanks for the pics and wear your coat in good health!
Wulfie

what does the lottery people care they wanted to use indy to sell scratch and win tickets --- so people would spend there money and not win anything
except for the second chance give away prizes ..---lol:D

Raider S

Here's my washed goat Wulfie. Don't waste your money getting something a little cheaper you won't be happy with - it will end up costing you more when you have to buy again. I love my two US Wings and they are made to last a lifetime, but the washed goat is the nicest leather I've ever seen for an Indy jacket. At the price, I'm getting another one!

lc_wg1.jpg

Raider S

indyclone25 said:
thank you for letting me tell you what i think --- i have a jacket now that looks like indy's and i am happy with that!

OK, but why post in his thread about the Wested washed goat with photos of your jacket? He was only responding to your question about how your jacket looks. To me, the two jackets are worlds apart. I'm glad you're happy with it, but others may disagree on if they like it or not.

Here's my real US Wings vintage cowhide Indy jacket for comparison. This is made by Schott.

jacket_5.jpg

IndyFalco

Dear God IndyClone25, You bombarded the hell out of this thread with massive lottery propaganda. A simple link to the site would be sufficient.
Take it off and just keep the banners.

Last edited:

indyclone25

yeah i know i was awake at 4 something this morning and had time on my hands --- sorry about that folks ---but i just really wanted to point out that all the people that were saying that it stated that it was u.s. wings on the info for the contest and it just never said it --- on that it was licensed by lucasfilm . but this will be the last i comment about the lottery jackets.

IndyFalco

Thank you for not talking about the lottery jacket anymore. Now this thread can continue on about what an awesome Indy Jacket WESTED has produced for it's fans. The WASHED GOAT. (y) (y) (y)

indyclone25

i have a question ? why wash ? do you wash it yourself for any specific reason ? does it darken the leather , lighten it , i guess i just don't understand the washing aspect of it .