TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 05-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #76
Rhys135
IndyFan

Saw this Friday night. Pretty average. The first half drags on but the second half is very thrilling and has some spectacular moments. If I had not read the book I think I would of loved it, but knowing the story and how certain events unfold I was disappointed. Also, not a film you watch for the acting. Has to be Hank's worst performance, but the character of Langdon in this sequel/prequel is more 'hands on' he was in DaVinci so I suppose that could be a factor, yet he's still very watchable.

Also, did anyone else notice something in the background at the Vatican Archives which looked a bit like the Ark of the Covenant, or did I just imagine it?
Rhys135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #77
Lonsome Indy
IndyFan

really? i thought Hanks did very well this time around. he seemed more comfortable. Ewan was great too. in fact this whole movie was better than Da Vinci Code but that's mainly because Angels and Demons is an easier novel to convert to film.
Lonsome Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #78
AndyLGR
IndyFan

I saw the movie tonight and I really enjoyed it. Definitely this book lends itelf to being adapted to the screen better than the Da Vinci Code. This film is more of a straight up thriller than the DA Vinci Code which I think is more of a page turning puzzle story that when translated to film was a bit boring.

A&D the movie is much more fast paced than the book and was made even more so by the cutting of a lot of the unnecessary CERN scenes in the first part of the book. Also the cutting of the head of CERN , the guy in the wheelchair made the whole thing a much more easy film to follow and streamlined it. Especially when it got to the end.

The performances were good, Tom Hanks seemed confortable in this movie and Ewan Mcgregor, who I expected to be poor, was good too as the Camerlengo.

I find the whole secret world of the Vatican, hidden archives, underground chambers, their protocols etc to be interesting and the settings of the movie were excellent and reflected the book perfectly.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #79
Goonie
IndyFan

The Vatican must've watched the movie:
Vatican visits CERN's Big Bang machine
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #80
Morning Bell
IndyFan

I haven't read any of the books or seen the first film but I saw this with friends a few nights ago and thought it was awful. It was dull, overlong, and lacked any real sense of tension or purpose; in fact, it felt like a poor man's Indiana Jones, except without any of the fun.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #81
AndyLGR
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
I haven't read any of the books or seen the first film but I saw this with friends a few nights ago and thought it was awful. It was dull, overlong, and lacked any real sense of tension or purpose; in fact, it felt like a poor man's Indiana Jones, except without any of the fun.
Like KOTCS
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote