Which Indy film poster is the best (for my room)?

Blue Jay

Hi, i have decided on buying a new indy poster for my room. I had the last crusade poster for a long time, the final one, not the advance poster.

I am not sure which i should get next, there are so many great ones.

I think i like the raiders the best. The one with all the cast and indy in the middle swinging the whip.

What are your thoughts?

:D

deckard24

The ToD poster of Indy standing in the archway of the mine tunnel holding the machete is by far the coolest Indy poster in my opinion. Struzan's posters as well as the original RotLA poster are all fantastic, but this poster is just badass in a way none of those are. The eerie red light emanating from behind him, and the classic Indy "Trust me" smirk on his face is just too cool. I will myself one day own this poster, but for now my framed Jaws and the Indiana Jones DVD announcement poster will have to do!

Blue Jay, that's my suggestion and Welcome to The Raven!!

Gobi-1

Personally I love the release poster for The Last Crusade. The way everything is structured and the inclusion of Marcus and Sallah. I'm hoping they release some reprints of the posters come next May. Love to have one framed on my wall.

Niteshade007

I will admit that I like the Last Crusade poster, although I don't really care for the movie. I got one Raiders poster for $5 at Disney. It's the one with the large picture of Indy with the whip around his shoulders, and a smaller picture of Indy and Marion at the bottom in the Well of Souls. It's nice, but I like the poster that was on VHS box, the one you described.

Blue Jay

Thank you guys!

(y)

They are all so good. I love Drew Struzan.

Is the first Raiders Poster, the one you are all describing from him or Amsel?
I always wondered.

CU

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Raiders European.

kam_juliste_1000.jpg

Blue Jay

That is such a great poster. what language is it?

I think that this is the south america poster.
I would love to have that in englisch!(y)

Finn

Staff member
The languange in VP's poster is Finnish (duh!), though the art in it was used in various different language posters all around Europe, I hear.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, although it might cost a little more, I'd suggest getting one in something other than English. It justs makes it that much more worthwhile.

Indy fan 235

The Raiders 10th Anniversary poster is a nice one if you can find it. I remember buying that from the Lucasfilm Fan Club (back when it was called that) and hanging it in my bed room when I was a teenager.:whip:

Then again, all the Indy posters are nice, so I can see how this could be a tough call.;)

Blue Jay

Indy fan 235 said:
The Raiders 10th Anniversary poster is a nice one if you can find it. I remember buying that from the Lucasfilm Fan Club (back when it was called that) and hanging it in my bed room when I was a teenager.:whip:

Then again, all the Indy posters are nice, so I can see how this could be a tough call.;)

i think the 10th anniversary poster is great.
i know that this is from drew struzan.
this is one i would love to have ;)

now it is my golden idol (y) good luck supito

QueZTone

i agree :p

this is just the best

1da6024128a0140b8e79b010.L.jpg

oh and i really like that teaser poster with the indy silhouette for indy 4, that's just great too :)

IndySeven

I have a lot of pics of posters, but I don't know how to add pictures on posts. Could somebody please tell me how?:)

Finn

Staff member
IndySeven said:
I have a lot of pics of posters, but I don't know how to add pictures on posts. Could somebody please tell me how?:)
IMG-tags.
Code:
[img]-url of picture-[/img]
If you have them on your hard disk, you must up them to web first. I've found ImageShack quite useful for that.