2007 NFL is HERE

roundshort

YYYEEEEEEE----HHHHHHAAAAAAAA

That is right, after watching Big Blue get the smack down in the Big House we are reminded that anything can happen!

Tonight, 830 est USA, it gets kicked off. Defending Superbowl Champs vs. Superbowl hopefuls!

Let the smack talk begin

Here are something to get us going -

Will Big Ben bounce back (yes), can the Steeler O-line stop anything (doubtful)

Will the Broncos find anything that even looks like defense?

The Eagles . . .

Pale Horse

Staff member
When your as offensive as the broncos, who needs defense!?!

Don't make me post a last years pic of Big Ben again....

Papa Jones

As a Raiders fan, I hope they won't get their arse kicked like the previous editions... :(
No playoffs for them I guess, but hopefully they'll be able to annoy some bigger teams... and finally beat the Broncos, Chiefs and Bolts

Pale Horse

Staff member
Error

Due to an unfortunate glitch in the Raven's Programming, part of your message was erroneously deleted. We were able to save your original post, and have posted it here, to maintain the integrity of your post.

Papa Jones said:
No playoffs for them I guess, but hopefully they'll be able to annoy some bigger teams... and finally beat the Broncos, Chiefs, Bolts---Buffalo Bills Miami Dolphins New England Patriots New York Jets Baltimore Ravens Cincinnati Bengals Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers Houston Texans Indianapolis Colts Jacksonville Jaguars Tennessee Titans Dallas Cowboys New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles Washington Redskins Chicago Bears Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings Atlanta Falcons Carolina Panthers New Orleans Saints Tampa Bay Buccaneers Arizona Cardinals San Francisco 49ers Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams... Nah, who are we kidding

We appreciate your input and hope that any miscommunication we be forgiven :p

roundshort

Well the Colts plan worked last night. They were to make the Saints believe that last night was still pre-season and the "real" games don't begin until Sunday!

What a lame game, unless your a Colts fan, then WOW what a game!

Deadlock

Okay sports fans... here's the Indy answer to this.

AFC East
belloq_1.gif

New England = Belloq (It seems like he's always winning... Which everybody resents.)

monkeyman.gif

New York Jets = Monkey Man (You've got style... but not a lot of screen time.)

10m.jpg

Buffalo = Whoever Shia Labeouf is in Indy IV (Young talent is good. But is it enough?)

vogel_1.gif

Miami = Colonel Vogel (That old guy might have some fight left in him...)

AFC North
hovitos.gif

Baltimore = Hovitos (They'll keep you from what you want, but their weapons are wildly inaccurate.)

marcus_2.gif

Pittsburgh = Marcus Brody (Can he overcome recent buffoonery and return to his former glory?)

thuggee.gif

Cincinnati = Thuggee slave (Never let imprisonment keep ya down!)

dietrich.gif

Cleveland = Dietrich (Bad, but mostly unmemorable).

AFC South
indy_young_1.gif

Colts = Young Indiana (There's really no reason he should have survived... but he's the hero.)

mola_ram_1.gif

Jaguars = Mola Ram (Sudden personnel changes are his specialty.)

toht.gif

Houston = Toht (Scary but worthless in a fair fight.)

short_round_3.gif

Tennessee = Short Round (The Young fella had a surprising amount of success.)

AFC West
german.gif

San Diego = German Mechanic (Clearly superior, but those little lapses in concentration hurt. BIG TIME.)

henry_2.gif

Denver = Henry Jones Sr. (Well, I guess your plans make sense to YOU.)

marion_2.gif

Kansas City = Marion (How can you go on after taking that many shots?)

grail_knigh.gif

Oakland = Grail Knight (Regarding those QBs... "You must choose... but choose wisely.")

NFC East
elsa_1.gif

Dallas = Elsa (Hot. But man... those slippery fingers can kill you.)

lao_che.gif

Philadelphia = Lao Che (Intimidating, but his team is injury prone.)

willie_1.gif

New York Giants = Willie Scott (Got a few things going... but the incessant whining makes everybody crazy.)

merchant_1.gif

Washington = Mustached Merchant (Spends money on some very questionable things.)

NFC North
turkish_soldier.gif

Chicago = Republic of Hatay Tank Crew (Squashes everything flat, but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.)

weber.gif

Minnesota = Weber (Mustached and totally irrelevant.)

forrestal.gif

Green Bay = Forrestal ("He was good... he was very good.")

librarian.gif

Detroit = Venice Librarian (C'mon, nobody's THAT stupid...)

NFC South
kazim.gif

New Orleans = Kazim (Earlier, he came out of nowhere with surprising effectiveness. But is he in for a tragic fate?)

wu_han.gif

Carolina = Wu Han (Pretty effective, but dies too soon.)

victim.gif

Tampa Bay = Kali Victim (Everyone's happy to see him, but for all the WRONG reasons.)

thuggee_guard.gif

Atlanta = Big Thugee Guard (We're all watching your inescapable, slow-motion demise with morbid fascination.)

NFC West
sergeant.gif

Seattle = Tough Sergeant (Took a terrific punishment last year. But can he take the wheel?)

swordsman.gif

St. Louis = Cairo Swordsman (Dangerous, but surprisingly easy to kill.)

maharajah.gif

Arizona = Maharajah (The flashy kid hasn't got it done for you so far...)

chen.gif

San Francisco = Chen (How's that hand?)

Deadlock

Thanks. I could have gone multiple ways on a few of them... Several teams were easy, but others... yeah, what is there to say about the Jets? ;)

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
THAT WAS AWESOME!

B*LL S***!

Deadlock should be taken outside the bar and beaten. There's no excuse for the long, long lapses in contributions like that around here. There's too little of it around here.

Seriously, I laughed a lot harder at this summary than the Star Wars one. The Giants, Detroit and Arizona were among the perfect summaries.

Deadlock

Joe Brody said:
Deadlock should be taken outside the bar and beaten. There's no excuse for the long, long lapses in contributions like that around here. There's too little of it around here.

I suppose I deserve it... :)

Pale Horse

Staff member
I fear that this demonstration of creativity will force the curve of the Raven. I may have to actually monitor more posts if this sort of thing continues.

Niteshade007

Haha, the Bucs as the Kali Victim. Yeah, we suck, and our coach is a crazy SOB. I liked Dungy so much better. I even went to school with his son, until his son transferred and then...well, we all know.

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
I fear that this demonstration of creativity will force the curve of the Raven. I may have to actually monitor more posts if this sort of thing continues.

I know that Temp really loved it Dead! Once again great post!