The construction workers on Google

Gustav

The ones decorating the logo for Christmas. I think they're annoying and I hate them. I hope they don't become popular like the Geico gecko or the Burger King and we start seeing them everywhere. Does anybody else hate them?

No Ticket

Um, I don't think they're going to become the Google mascot. They're just in that one logo. The logo changes like every day almost during the holidays.

Gustav

This thread is for people who share a hate for the stick figure construction workers who were decorating the Google logo for Christmas. If you want to talk about which of the two of us is more irrational I think you should start a separate thread since that has little to do with the stick figure construction workers on google.

Gustav said:
This thread is for people who share a hate for the stick figure construction workers who were decorating the Google logo for Christmas. If you want to talk about which of the two of us is more irrational I think you should start a separate thread since that has little to do with the stick figure construction workers on google.

Actually the thread was to inquire on whether anyone else shares your irrational disgust for the little cartoon figures. You've gotten an answer; apparently no.

Gustav

When did I limit the thread to just an answer? I asked if anybody feels the way I do so we can discuss it further. Give it time. I doubt every member of the raven has seen the thread yet.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Look, all I want to know is why you're wasting such a narrowly constructive emotion as hate on something as ridiculous as this. I'm a pretty middle-of-the-road guy, there's not much that isn't defensible on some level, and so there's a lot of things I just plain won't get all riled up against. But hating freaking cartoon characters? That's a level of intensity I just don't see as justifiable or healthy. And, so, I have a reason for being an ass. What's yours?

Gustav said:
When did I limit the thread to just an answer? I asked if anybody feels the way I do so we can discuss it further. Give it time. I doubt every member of the raven has seen the thread yet.

"Does anybody else hate them?"

Right there. That was your question.

It is pretty ridiculous. One day a year they have a Christmas banner. One day a year a Halloween banner. So on and so forth. So I pose a new question. Why get bent out of shape for the graphic that's used for ONE day? If it bothers you, may I suggest switching to Yahoo? Google can afford to lose one user.

Kingsley

I think Google is aware of this thread and made quick changes... the workers are gone!
Hate can change the world :p

Kingsley said:
I think Google is aware of this thread and made quick changes... the workers are gone!
Hate can change the world :p

The workers were just for Christmas Eve. They were "building" the Christmas banner.

No Ticket

This is the most ridiculous thread I think I've seen in my entire internet cybersurfing since '98 life. Even more so than the Bacon thread! lol. Not insulting anyone but really, I think it's pretty obvious the idea was to update the banner as they decorate the logo and after Christmas... they're gone. They do something similar every year I think.

Watch out on New Years, they may have some fireworks or something with a 2008 thrown in there for decoration. God willing, there won't be any stick figures assembling any of that.

Gustav

Whoa, one at a time, please.

Attila the Professor said:
all I want to know is why you're wasting such a narrowly constructive emotion as hate on something as ridiculous as this. I'm a pretty middle-of-the-road guy, there's not much that isn't defensible on some level, and so there's a lot of things I just plain won't get all riled up against. But hating freaking cartoon characters? That's a level of intensity I just don't see as justifiable or healthy.
Well I don't hate them in the way I would hate somebody who murdered my family. See a rational person, when they hear that somebody hates a particular cartoon character, doesn't automatically take it to mean they hate that cartoon character with the same level of intensity that Inego Montoya hates the man that killed his father. There are different kinds of hate. I may hate your holiday sweater with the christmas trees and reindeer on it, but I'm not going to run it through with a rapier like I would my mortal enemy, who I also hate (but in a different way).

Attila the Professor said:
What's yours?

You're being an ass so I'm being an ass back. It's not uncommon for it to go that way. Really though, why come on here and be an ass? Isn't it easier to just pass this thread by? The only thing I can think of is that you're taking out some real-life frustration on somebody you will never see in real life.

ResidentAlien said:
Why get bent out of shape for the graphic that's used for ONE day? .

I'm really not getting bent out of shape. I just don't want to see any more of those stick figures because they're pretty annoying. First of all, they have been on the google page for THREE days, not one; and there's no way you can know for sure that they will never return unless you have some inside information which would be great. If anybody is getting bent out of shape it's you guys, and for such a little thing too.

ResidentAlien said:
If it bothers you, may I suggest switching to Yahoo? Google can afford to lose one user.

Now that would be irrational. If I do that, the stick figures win.

why are we talking about construction stickfigures

Well, you know you don't have to talk about construction stick figures if you don't want to.

Watch out on New Years, they may have some fireworks or something with a 2008 thrown in there for decoration. God willing, there won't be any stick figures assembling any of that

This is precisely my concern.

Last edited:
Gustav said:
Now that would be irrational. If I do that, the stick figures win.

Win what?! It's just a flippin' jpg. It's not the end of the world. Ad-block the Google Banner if you must "win." Take Google without the banner if it's that important. I just don't see what's to "win." You type in a term and press enter... you don't have to linger looking at the banner if it's so agitating. Really, this is such a baffling complaint.