Uniform/Alternate Titles for the Trilogy

Dr.Jonesy

kongisking said:
Raiders of the Lost Ark

Raiders of the Secret Temple (I like this one a lot!)

Raiders of the Chalice of Christ (this is reaching, I know, but the word "chalice" could conceivably work as Donovan refers to the Grail as a "chalice", incorrectly:p , during his briefing of Indy.)

Raiders of the Crystal Skull Kingdom (This would have rocked!!!)

I do like the Secret Temple, that's not bad and straight to the point.

I love the word "Chalice" in the title, even though incorrect, it fits and makes the title seem more...mysterious for lack of a better word.

"Raiders of the Crystal Skull Kingdom"
It could have worked, keeping the main words from the original title. And it would've been a cool title.

:cool:

DocWhiskey

Alright let me take a crack at these:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Raiders of the Lost Stones
Raiders of the Immortal Chalice
Raiders of the Lost Kingdom

Yeah, mine are too general :(

lao che & sons

DocWhiskey said:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Immortal chalice is the best LC one I've seen yet. (y)

Chewbacca Jones

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Raiders of the Shivalinga
Raiders of the Cup of Christ
Raiders of the Forgotten City (or Lost City, if you prefer)
:hat:

DocWhiskey said:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Really like Raiders of the Lost Kingdom or Raiders of the Forbidden Kingdom for KotCS.

Doom Raiders for ToD. JK< I think this was a B-movie Indy rip-off title.

None of the LC titles really sound that good, so I'd probably stick with Raiders of the Lost Grail or Raiders of the Holy Grail.

Phlip

Alternative Film Titles

Anyone got any creative ideas on different names for the films? Personally I wish they kept the "Raiders of...". Sounds much better, so here's what I came up with:

Raiders of Temple Kali / Raiders of the Lost Cult (?)
Raiders on the Last Crusade
Raiders of the City of Gods

Dr. Gonzo

It would actually be the title of this film...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R_qIkQLefHc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The raven gets a nice mention in the credits...

Montana Smith

Phlip said:
How random and irrelevant...

This thread?

In chronological order, and two-thirds inspired by Campbell Black, the reboots would be:

The Thuggee Menace

The Attack of the Clowns

The Revenge of the Clowns

The Drifter

"Indiana Jones vs, The Cult of Kali" What evil dwells deep in the heart of the mountain!?
"Indiana Jones and the Search for the Grail" Eons of searching...
"Indiana Jones and the Golden City of the Gods" Savage tribes! Evil men! An ancient secret!
"Indiana Jones and the Ark of the Desert" Blood stains the sand as Dr. Jones embarks on a quest to find the Holy Ark of the Desert!

Phlip

Gear said:
Well, when you're strange, an all..
When I'm strange? An all? How does this make any sense? :confused:
Montana Smith said:
This thread?
How so?
Montana Smith said:
In chronological order, and two-thirds inspired by Campbell Black, the reboots would be:

The Thuggee Menace

The Attack of the Clowns

The Revenge of the Clowns
...is there a gas leak in this thread that's making some of you guys spam random nonsense?

Henry W Jones

Phlip said:
When I'm strange? An all? How does this make any sense? :confused:
How so?

...is there a gas leak in this thread that's making some of you guys spam random nonsense?

People are strange is another Doors reference. You are the only one lost in the museum.

Dr. Gonzo

The Drifter said:
Indiana Jones and the Lizard King's Sullen Guest
ykaRpgL.gif

Phlip said:
Which would this be an alternative to?

Phlip, you cannot petition the lord with prayer...

This is yet another reference of The Doors and Harrison Ford's time spent with the band in 1968...

And for the hell of it... why else could The Doors be relevant?
If there were to be at least one more Harrison Ford helmed Indiana Jones film (which will NOT happen), it would undoubtedly be taking place in the 1960's...

All that aside, I'll play along with you.
A legitimate answer, I always liked Darabont's draft title (and many parts of his script) better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Mark me down for "Indiana Jones and the City of Gods".

Montana Smith

Phlip said:
How so?

If you create a "random and irrelevant" nonsense thread such as this what would you expect? :p

In the cases thus far you've just failed to recognize the sense employed and the connections therein. ;)

Dietrich clutched his attache case and rose. It was hard not to feel hatred toward these black-uniformed clowns. They acted as if they owned the world.

Campbell Black, Raiders of the Lost Ark

Phlip

Montana Smith said:
If you create a "random and irrelevant" nonsense thread such as this what would you expect? :p
How is this more random or irrelevant to any other thread? Your posts had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Maybe I'm just a bad Indiana Jones fan, but I have no idea what you lot are opening your mouths about when it comes to this The Doors reference, or whatever.