I am a...

• Ravener (male)

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Ravenette (female)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Indyologist

Just curious. How many gents and ladies are members at this fine establishment called The Raven? Let's vote and see.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indyologist said:
Just curious. How many gents and ladies are members at this fine establishment called The Raven?

6,476, according to our stats, though presumably some of those would find these poll options lacking.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indyologist said:
Uh, 6,476 men, I assume?

Well, I'm fairly certain some of them are bots of one kind or another, and there's already one woman in this thread, so no, either way you slice it.

But beyond that: some aren't gentlemanly or ladylike, some women mightn't like the term Ravenette, and some might find just two gender options lacking.

Gear

The poll results show that THIS is why we need to discuss the Ravenite Gender Gap.

Not to mention the sticky (potted) threads, Harvey...

ThrowMeTheWhip

As Attila said, these demographics are hardly inclusive, all the same... here?s a breakdown of my audience. I was surprised because I work very hard to appeal to a broad audience. I try to engage with progressive pages as pertains women?s and LGBTQ rights (a topic I feel very passionately toward), and still, my audience primarily identifies as male.

Indyologist

Okay, okay-- point taken. But still, looks like there's more Raveners than Ravenettes. I knew it. This place is one big damn Hickory Farms Smoked Sausage Sampler Platter... heh. I mean, am I the only female here? Say it ain't so!

Indyologist

So really, how many regular female posters join us here at The Raven? I'm not gonna get mad about it if there aren't a lot. I know Stella (aka Canyon) pops in once in a while, and I'm always glad to see her, but is there anyone else? Just curious.

Canyon

Indyologist said:
I know Stella (aka Canyon) pops in once in a while, and I'm always glad to see her, but is there anyone else? Just curious.

Thanks for the mention and the kind comment, Indyologist! :D

I'm still around. I've just celebrated seven years of living on the States, my seventh wedding anniversary and I recently passed my Citizenship test and will be attending the swearing in ceremony this week. :)

Indyologist

Canyon said:

I'm still around. I've just celebrated seven years of living on the States, my seventh wedding anniversary and I recently passed my Citizenship test and will be attending the swearing in ceremony this week. :)

Canyon, Canyon, Canyon BABY!! How the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks are ya? 7 years in the States? 7 years MARRIED?! To Whom? Post links to Wedding Pics, will ya? CONGRATULATIONS on your MARRIAGE and passing your CITIZENSHIP TEST! I'm proud of ya, kid! When did you pass your test? I'll never forget rooming with you at the Indy Summit in the Finger Lakes in New York and "talking Indy" with you-- you were a scream! Dag, I miss those Indy Summits! Sigh... Welcome to America, Baby! Private Message me here at The Raven, if you want! :hat:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Canyon said:

This is seriously cool. Respect

Canyon

Indyologist said:
Canyon, Canyon, Canyon BABY!! How the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks are ya? 7 years in the States? 7 years MARRIED?! To Whom? Post links to Wedding Pics, will ya? CONGRATULATIONS on your MARRIAGE and passing your CITIZENSHIP TEST! I'm proud of ya, kid! When did you pass your test? I'll never forget rooming with you at the Indy Summit in the Finger Lakes in New York and "talking Indy" with you-- you were a scream! Dag, I miss those Indy Summits! Sigh... Welcome to America, Baby! Private Message me here at The Raven, if you want! :hat:

Indyologist, do you remember a gentleman by the name of Chewbacca Jones at the Finger Lakes? Well, he has been my husband for just over seven years.

Also, I passed my test a few weeks ago and yesterday I became a citizen. :D

I'll have to find the link to the rest of the photos, but here's one...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/5927765920/in/album-72157627172187202/

Pale Horse said:
This is seriously cool. Respect

Many thanks! ;)

Canyon

I'm baaaaaccckkk!!! Well folks, it's been just over ten years since I moved to the States and me and 'Chewie' will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary on July 9th!!!

For those of you who have no idea who the heck I am, here's an intro...

I am originally from England. After I started working at my first job, back in 1989. my sister mentioned to me that she and her then boyfriend were going to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Now, being a child of the 80’s, I knew who Indiana Jones was and I had read about the upcoming movie a few months before in a magazine. I had actually seen Raiders for the first time in 1984 when it premiered on tv and have vague memories of also seeing Temple of Doom in 1987 on British tv. I had remembered liking Harrison back then, as I saved an article from the weekend paper supplement which I lost (and later found!) and I had seen Harrison in Frantic a year before Last Crusade.

Re my visit to the cinema to see Last Crusade, little did I know that this movie would change my life forever. I remember the exact moment that I really noticed Harrison. It was during the scene in the catacombs where he and Elsa discover the second marker. It was as if I had been hit by a bolt of lightening. I fell in love with the actor and the character all in one. And that wasn’t all. From that moment on I fell in love with John Williams’ score, and his music in general, not to mention my new found respect for Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.

I used to work down the road from a record store, and many times I would go in there and look at the Last Crusade soundtrack on vinyl. My first Indy purchase was the Last Crusade novel and then the soundtrack on tape. I bought Temple of Doom on VHS in the fall and then didn’t get to buy Raiders on VHS until that December. Sadly, I had to wait more or less a year for Last Crusade on VHS when it was finally released in August of 1990 (I later found out that you guys who live in the US were able to purchase it in February!)

Over the years, I built up a pretty impressive collection of Indy memorabilia. In my collection, you can find anything from movies, soundtracks, books & novels, role playing games, comics, comic adaptations, magazines, and anything else you could possibly imagine. Of course, my love of the gear has made a huge impact on my life. Not only have I been able to obtain some of the Noel Howard gear, I have been able to wear it to several summits and movie conventions over the years! The hobby would also later lead up to an impressive prop collection as well, and got even more impressive when me and my husband, Mike put our collection together.

The hobby has taken my to the United States many times, where I met my husband and I now reside. I always had a dream to move to the US, but my love of Indy was the major thing that got me here.

I have gotten to write for an Indy site (The Indy Experience.com), have met and interviewed several actors from the IJ trilogy (Paul Freeman, John Rhys-Davies, David Yip, Julian Glover, Wolf Kahler and Karen Allen). I have attended at least four UK Indy summits and have been to at least 10 Indy summits here in the US). Although fictional, I feel that if it were not for Indy, I would not have the interests and experiences that I have now. Because of Indy, I have traveled to several different places, have an interest in archaeology and history, and have an interest in learning languages as well has having respect for those who go out and live the Indy dream, such as archaeologists who post on the forums.

It has been a very interesting ride and I look forward to the next 30 plus years of being an Indy fan!!!

Here are various pics of me and my husbands Indy related cosplays:

Mickiana

Great pics, Canyon. You're having a lot of fun. Past girlfriends of mine haven't been so receptive to my Indy fandom (shrug) Oh well. It's an Indy thing, I suppose.