What do your usernames mean?

nezobiwan

RedeemedChild said:
AgentZ that is the most disgusting and horrible poster art that I've ever laid eyes on in a very long time.
Meh. I've seen worse. It's just an ape on a building.

RedeemedChild

nezobiwan said:
Meh. I've seen worse. It's just an ape on a building.

Well, I do hope you agree with what I said regarding the Disney Channel. Disney Channel has just become of a station of garbage.

For instance look at the programming they've got.

Cory In The House

Phineas and Ferb

Hannah Montana

Camp Rock

Living The Dream

Thats So Raven

As The Bell Rings

Shaun The Sheep

Life With Derek

Brandy and Mr. Whiskers

Okay, now if people don't agree that stuff is PLAIN garbage then I must declare that Doomsday is immanent. Disney at one time had some fairly good shows but they've gone insane.

Please Disney bring back stuff like Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior and American Dragon Jake Long. It's also be nice if Disney had an animated Pirates of the Caribbean show.

nezobiwan

RedeemedChild said:
Well, I do hope you agree with what I said regarding the Disney Channel. Disney Channel has just become of a station of garbage.
Well I wouldn't have anything to base my agreement on... I don't watch the Disney Channel. I used to, but I stopped after House of Mouse got cancelled. :( Plus they stopped playing "Disney's Halloween Treat" every year and that made me SO ANGRY because it was the exact same year that I decided I'd better go ahead and tape it so I'd have it forever.

Hawkeye

I got my username from the fact that all my family and friends call me Hawkeye, because I watch a LOT of M*A*S*H; too much in my mother's opinion. It's also my username on Myspace.

RedeemedChild

nezobiwan said:
Well I wouldn't have anything to base my agreement on... I don't watch the Disney Channel. I used to, but I stopped after House of Mouse got cancelled. :( Plus they stopped playing "Disney's Halloween Treat" every year and that made me SO ANGRY because it was the exact same year that I decided I'd better go ahead and tape it so I'd have it forever.

I'm so sorry nezobiwan, that is really unfortunate. My family and I have experienced similar problems with other stations when we prepare to record programs from television so I can relate with you on that one. Have you ever tried to get it from your local library? They might have it on VHS.

kongisking

Agent Z said:
No love for the 78 remake? Not even for its iconic poster art? :confused:

Oh, no, no, no...I also deeply love Kong '76, but for very different reasons. I think the only way a person, and a Kong fan no less, can truly enjoy that movie is if they think of it as a comedy, a spoof, a farce. Then people won't hate it as much. That's what I've done, and I found that it makes the movie experience much funner and enjoyable. I don't mind the outrageous changes (NO DINOSAURS!!! HOW ****ING DARE THEY!!! YOU BASTARDS!!!) and cheese factor, because I watch it in a humorous state-of-mind. I take no offense, because I recognize it as a very different animal (NPI) and it is unfare to compare it.

The movie is lambasted because it wanted to be funny and likable, and Lange wasn't even that bad! The "chauvinist pig-ape" line was not bad acting or writing: it was meant to show that Dwan was in panic and hysterical, and was babbling. I recommend a very, very, very, very, very good book called King Kong: From Fay Wray to Peter Jackson, which covers the making of every major Kong version thus far, and it sheds a lot of light on the 76 film. The author is a very reasonable dude who has a very logical evaluation of the movie, which helped me get over my biases after the guy's review. Highly Recommended for Kong lovers and haters.

kongisking

nezobiwan said:

I have that recorded on a VHS, though it's probably lost somewhere. If I ever find it again, I'd be glad to send it to you. Just need your mail address (don't worry, I'm not a perv wanting to hunt you down or anything...). Just ask, I'd be happy. :hat:

nezobiwan

kongisking said:
I have that recorded on a VHS, though it's probably lost somewhere. If I ever find it again, I'd be glad to send it to you. Just need your mail address (don't worry, I'm not a perv wanting to hunt you down or anything...). Just ask, I'd be happy. :hat:
Thanks! But as I was looking for the youtube clip to link in my post I also found that someone uploaded the whole thing to youtube! :D

Thanks for the offer though. I loved that darn special. :hat:

Crack that whip

Mine is a lyric from the DEVO song "Whip It," with presumably obvious relevance here.

:whip:

Katarn07 said:
1138 - Any SW geek should know this one.... Still don't know? GL's first movie was THX 1138 and that number appears in every SW film (well, I'm not sure where it is in Return of the Jedi but it's in the rest of them :p)

I gather you've changed your handle since that old post?

Serious, heavy-duty SW geeks know "1138" can be found on the side of Leia's helmet in her disguise as bounty hunter Boushh. The really serious Lucas geeks know the whole name THX 1138 came from one of the young George Lucas's early San Francisco telephone numbers, 849-1138 (849=THX).

:whip:

indifan101 said:
I meant to type "indyfan101" but my finger slipped and hit the "i". Thus made indifan101!:D

I named my first Mac the same way. While experimenting with various temporary names on my way to finding something I liked for permanent use, I had intended to go through various names associated with bots, droids, automata, etc. (because it's a computer, naturally enough), and after using "Artoo" or "Tom Servo" or some such thing for a while I started to retype the hard drive's name (and by extension, what I called the whole machine) as "Maria" in reference to Metropolis, but my fingers slipped while typing. Before correcting it I noticed what it said, and smiled - the "a" on the standard keyboard is right next to the "s," and I had typed "Maris." Loving the show Frasier, I just thought it was cool to have typed that name by accident, so I kept it, and that remained as the name of my first Mac.

Later, when I got a new primary system, I briefly considered various names, and one of the obvious, natural names for a new machine to go with my existing one would be "Daphne." I initially dismissed it, considering it too obvious, but someone in my gaming clan pointed out how perfect it would be as a "successor" name - since my newer, faster Mac, just as with Niles Crane's loves, would be "younger, prettier and more fun than the original." :D Daphne it was, then, and Daphne is still my primary computer today.

RedeemedChild said:
AgentZ that is the most disgusting and horrible poster art that I've ever laid eyes on in a very long time.

You really think so? Heh. FWIW, that poster is one of the most well-known and highly-regarded one-sheets ever; that Berkey painting is widely considered a classic, even though the movie itself is generally deemed a lesser take on the Kong legend.

Different strokes, and all that...

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

Well, the only board I'm a member of besides this one is the superherohype boards. I've been on there for 5 years. My favorite villain is Doctor Octopus so my name on that board is Octavious. So I wanted to make that relevant to this board hence "Doc" and something Indy so I chose "Whiskey" because ever since I was a little kid I found it funny the way indy says "Whiskey" when he's in the raven.

EvilDevo

Wow, this thread takes me back.

EvilDevo said:
devin being my first name... and 149 representing:
'81
'84
'89
im sure you kids know what happened on those dates

That was from my old username Devin_149.

My new username comes from the fact that everyone has called me "Devo" since about 1998. As for the "Evil" part, I was randomly playing the first four notes of Simon's Theme from CastleVania on a friend's piano...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9sX3fjpkFwk

...and he came up with the genius lyrics of "EEE VILLL DEEE VOOO". They really stuck with me and I've used them ever since as my online persona.

Indy Black

My nickname in jr high was Indy and Black is my godfather's last name and a nod to him. As he got he me hooked on all things Indy related from a young age plus he's been more of a father to me than my own has.

Montana_Jones

Just made mine Montana Jones since it has a certain ring to it. It'd actually be California Jones since it's the state where I live. Just wanted something more iconic sounding.

King Kong Lives is sh!te, plain and simple.:sick: Although Linda Hamilton was great.

And the King Kong (1976) poster art is great. Is it terrible since the climax of the film takes place on the "Twin Towers"? If so, give me a damn break.:rolleyes:

indifan101

I took the name indiana cut it in half and went with indi instead of indy and since I'm a fan of indiana jones I added indifan and like classes in college I took archeaology 101 and combined it to make indifan101:)