what do u think is the best indy movie ever made ?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Hmm...I notice nobody's answered, when silentsas actually asked for one.

I prefer Last Crusade, but Raiders is probably superior - if not in plot, in filming - which is often more important.

wolfgang

I have said this many times before. I reallly don't like the young indy ones, so I'll exclude them. My favorite indy movie is Last Crusade, it is different, funny, we already know indy by it...its the best in my opinion. Now, I love all indy movies 110% but I like Last crusade 110.99%. And besides, there is a lot of argument (not in here I hope) about Raiders and Temple, so what hell, make Las Crusade teh one that stands in the middle :D:D:D

ROTLA

#1 - Raiders
#2 - LC
#3 - ToD

Raiders has everything a film fan could want. Action, comedy, romance, suspense, plot twists, intelligent plot, great acting, no gimmicks, etc.

LC is a very close second. It has the same elements as Raiders and, if the initial Indy movie didn't exist, LC might be my favorite of all-time.

ToD is third mainly because of Willie. There are times in the movie when she just really annoys me. Now I realize that's part of what her character is supposed to do, but it becomes a negative when it starts to take away from the movie. I'm also not a huge fan of Shorty, but I think he's a quality character. Instead of a big, burly guy like Sallah at his side, Indy has a short, scrawny kid. Nice twist.

The next question to be answered: where will Indy 4 rank on the list?

indy_kicks_arse

Mine is Temple of doom, then raiders then Last crusade.

Temle of Doom was the first Idy film I ever watched and I guess it has always been my favourite.

Raiders comes in a close second, excellent film all around.

Last crusade is a good film but is the weakest one actionwise.

tonyjones

Last Crusade by miles. It's the funniest, the least cringeable for the special effects and the most quotable. Plus you have Han Solo and James Bond and Mr Bronson from Grange Hill (which'll mean nothing to anyone outside the UK) in the same film. Who could ask for.

Raiders is my second fave but the effects look awful now especially the opening of the ark and the refleced snakes which show up the glass between Indy and them. LOL.

Temple is last but that's only in comparison - mainly because he's not doing much archaeology-type shenanigans really and Willie is annoying.

tonyjones

Last Crusade by miles. It's the funniest, the least cringeable for the special effects and the most quotable. Plus you have Han Solo and James Bond and Mr Bronson from Grange Hill (which'll mean nothing to anyone outside the UK) in the same film. Who could ask for more.

Raiders is my second fave but the effects look awful now especially the opening of the ark and the refleced snakes which show up the glass between Indy and them. LOL.

Temple is last but that's only in comparison - mainly because he's not doing much archaeology-type shenanigans really and Willie is annoying.

HenryJones

Oh come on! Willie is so funny! She gets me laughing every time!

Here's some quotes to jog your mammorys:

"I hate water! And I hate getting wet! And I hate YOU!"
"Oh, I broke a nail!"
"Oh I bet I'm gonna get all dirty again!"
"That Noohachi (?) is a real small guy!"

See? Pooh!

Venture

#1 The Last Crusade- You see a more fleshed out Indy, as well as Sallah and Marcus being more than filler characters. And then there's Henry, Sr., who just rocks.

#2 Raiders- The classic!!! Granted, Indy is more 2D than in the others, but the tough-guy schtick started the whole thing.

#3 Temple- A great movie w/o question, but the other two just have something unnameable that appeals to me.