Indiana 3D model

Montana Smith

Hanselation said:
Great work. Makes me feel I would like to see animated Indiana Jones series. :hat:

Oh, yeah!

This is the realistic look I'm hoping they'll go for when they eventually get around to making it. ;)

Dr. Gonzo

I'm not sure if the others here will agree but is his hair color a little lighter than that? I think the hair and eyebrows need to be slightly lighter.

Good work though man

Gear

Yeah, I'd have to chime in and say that the face and neck are a bit too squat.

Also, yeah, the crown needs to be pinched.

Otherwise, truly great work.

Dr Bones

Way better than anything I could do, it is excellent. (y)

But if I can be picky, I still say the nose is too straight.

I have to agree about the broadness of the face and the hair colour.

I think Harrison's eyebrows are also thicker?

The hat band also looks thicker than his bag strap!

The hat and shirt are what makes it clear who this is but if you crop the image to just show facial features it becomes much harder to recognise it as Harrison and I think the nose and broadness of the face are the main problem.

That aside this is still one of the best Indy artworks I have ever seen. :hat:

DiscoLad

You and SoK are all the same... Green eyes.

I thought they were like blue... But that can be fixed.

It seems his neck is a little thick.
His eyes are a little to deep.

Hey other than that, keep up the good work.

Chiyou

Hey guys, so i was working for a year then quit so i could work on my demo reel again, heres my latest progress on Indy, i'd love some feedback you guys were very helpfull last time! I still have to change the colour of his eyes and the clothing textures are pretty primative.

large04.png

and heres an example of a blend shape (facial expression) If you guys can give me suggestions on what kinda expressions i should model feel free! I wanna do the ol' classic Harrison Ford smirk.

grawr.png

Ska

Looking pretty good!

How many hours do you have into this?! It looks like it took a lot of time.

Dr. Gonzo

Which movie look are you going for? You have shown Raider's reference photos... if thats what you're going for you need to put the satchel belt strap under the jacket. The hair needs to be lighter as well as the hat, but I think you mentioned that already... something is off in the eyes... can't put my finger on it.

Ska

The ears are definitely way too big.

Face wise, from the nose down looks great (especially the scar). I agree with Gonzo about the eyes needing adjusting, but I'm not sure either what it is.

Stoo

Dr. Gonzo said:
something is off in the eyes... can't put my finger on it.
Ska said:
I agree with Gonzo about the eyes needing adjusting, but I'm not sure either what it is.
Chiyou, if you're going for the look in the comparison photo, then the angle of the eyes needs to be titled and the eyeballs widened. Notice how, in the comparison photo, Harrison's eyes have an almond shape, whereas yours are horizontally straight. Also, his right is slightly larger than the left. (I know this sh*t because I've drawn him before.)

Like Ska said, the ears are too big. Bend his nose a little bit more and exaggerate the asymmetry in his face. That's my advice.:hat:

Keep it up, though...and then animate your model!(y)

Indy's brother

Other than the hat looking a bit shiny and the whip being 3 feet long, this is firggin' awesome! Seriously, as someone who can't even do photoshop, this blows me away, and is akin to what I expected to see in Staff of Kings. Great work Chiyou. :hat:

Looks good!

The whip's a little small, and it looks like he's carrying Dirty Harry's pistol. But a great job all around! Keep up the good work!

Nice Savage Dragon thrown in at the end BTW.

Chiyou

Thanks guys, yeah i messed up on the whip, I modified the specularity a bit in the final composition! Next i gotta make him into Han Solo in a Stormtrooper suit!

I tried looking up references for the revolver, was sure I had the right one, but must have made a mistake i guess >< doi! haha yeah I made Savage Dragon long ago!

0006.jpg