Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

indyclone25

well my son has finally stopped playing staff of kings and is playing the lego games so now i can finally play staff of kings ---i hope i can figure it out since this will be the first actual game i will have ever played on the wii , i have mostly played bowling and wii fit only :) :)

indyfan85

It has its moments, I loved the part when Indy travels to the Himalayas and you see him in gear reminiscent of the "mystery of the blues" episode with a big winter jacket and layers, having to trudge through a mountain range and lighting campfires to stay alive was a good concept. The Elephant chase would have been cool with more physics based stuff going on. I don't know. It's not the linearity that bugs me or even the graphics. The glitches are just horrendous and it makes no sense to cut out so many moves from the fighting system.

indyclone25

well i hope i enjoy it cause the last game i played was the indiana jones and the infernal machine for the n64 ---i've yet to play the emperors tomb.

Peru1936

There was a problem with my Wii and it had to be replaced. I lost the files. I got up as far as Istanbul and have to do it all again...

I finished Raiders and Temple on Lego Indy. Have to do all that again - no problems there though; such an awsome game.

Also lost five hours of play time on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That's very likely the best game on the Wii right now, though, so no problems going through all that again either.

Why can't they make an Indy game like Zelda? The necessary story and character elements would have to be changed, of course, but why can't a game engine be used for Indy that's just as good as the ones used for Zelda games? Why can't Indy be given the same care and attention that Link gets?

While I was having fun playing Staff of Kings, it feels like a chore to have to play all the way through it again to get back to Istanbul.

indyfan85

I can't take it anymore. I went out and traded Staff of Kings in and got "From Russia with Love" on the PS2 for 3 dollars.

This game is actually quite good, and an older Sean Connery does all of the voice overs so he actually sounds like a suave Henry Jones at times, haha.

DocWhiskey

indyfan85 said:
I can't take it anymore. I went out and traded Staff of Kings in and got "From Russia with Love" on the PS2 for 3 dollars.

This game is actually quite good, and an older Sean Connery does all of the voice overs so he actually sounds like a suave Henry Jones at times, haha.

From Russia With Love is a pretty good game. Not at all like the film, but fun to play none the less. And you get Connery's original voicework. SCORE!

wolfgang

Peru1936 said:
There was a problem with my Wii and it had to be replaced. I lost the files. I got up as far as Istanbul and have to do it all again...

I finished Raiders and Temple on Lego Indy. Have to do all that again - no problems there though; such an awsome game.

Also lost five hours of play time on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That's very likely the best game on the Wii right now, though, so no problems going through all that again either.

Why can't they make an Indy game like Zelda? The necessary story and character elements would have to be changed, of course, but why can't a game engine be used for Indy that's just as good as the ones used for Zelda games? Why can't Indy be given the same care and attention that Link gets?

While I was having fun playing Staff of Kings, it feels like a chore to have to play all the way through it again to get back to Istanbul.

I totally agree. An Indy game with a Zelda concept will be a dream come true! I love Zelda!! Twilight Princess is simply a perfect game. The best one I've ever played at least.

I am now playing Ocarina Of Time for the Virtual Console. I also bought WindWaker on amazon, so that's next, and I'll probably download Majora's Mask after that! I don't know if anybody cares, but I'm psyched and I wrote it for my own amusement...oh well...

Peru1936

wolfgang said:
I totally agree. An Indy game with a Zelda concept will be a dream come true! I love Zelda!! Twilight Princess is simply a perfect game. The best one I've ever played at least.

I am now playing Ocarina Of Time for the Virtual Console. I also bought WindWaker on amazon, so that's next, and I'll probably download Majora's Mask after that! I don't know if anybody cares, but I'm psyched and I wrote it for my own amusement...oh well...

Yep, Twilight Princess is pretty awsome, all right. The only problem I have is with the automatic jumping. It doesn't always work .

Anyway, an Indy game by way of Zelda would certainly be excellent.

wolfgang

The Tingler said:
I always thought that Infernal Machine was the closest the PC would ever get to a Zelda game.

Actually, I played Infernal Machine on the N64 and it was very similar to the Zelda games. It is my favorite Indiana ones game so far.

Oh! And, Peru! I think the automatic jumping was pretty well done on Twilight Princess. However I understand where you're coming from.

The reason I love that game better so than other Zelda games is because its easy to control, except for jumping, which has always been a little awkward in the Zelda games, but I get used to it after a while.

IndyNovelsFan

Someone want to help out a novice?

I don't really want to search 183 pages of this thread to find an answer to this one, so I'm going to ask directly here, with the hope of getting an answer...

I've played few computer games in the past, and none of the previous Indy games. I was curious about this one due to the cancelled Macgregor novel of this adventure, and wanted to learn more. This game is only available on Play Station or Wi... Why not a Windows version as well for those of us who do not have these gaming devices? Are there any plans for a Windows version?

I feel I'm missing out on some great piece of the Indy canon, but am not interested in purchasing either Play Station or Wi to have this one.

Should I try one of the older computer games to test my skills or lack thereof?

Sorry if this post is asking repetitive questions already asked, but i'm new here!

Thanks-
Jack

Johnny Nys

There once was a next-gen version of this game in the works. PS3, Xbox 360, presumably also PC.

To make a long story short, that version was scratched and instead they developed a "light" version aimed at the Wii. It also got a PS2 port.

I won't go into the how or why. This game won't come to PC.

If you're an Indy fan, I'd certainly go ahead and look up the old games instead.

Peru1936

So, I've started playing this again (after my Wii bit it and I had to get it replaced, therefore losing all of the memory). I must say that I'm enjoying it much more this second time around. I had made it up to Istanbul and I was not looking forward to getting Suzie across the whip again and felt it a chore to play through all those levels again. Yet, I've been enjoying it. I don't find the controls nearly as stiff as originally, and I've pretty much mastered fighting (it's all about the dodge).

Having fun.

Peru1936

Finished the game today. I didn't get all of the fortune and glory yet, but I completed the story. My favourite levels were Peru and Nepal.

While I think the criticisms are still deserving, I personally had a great time playing it and now actually look forward to finding the rest of the fortune and glory. I still think Legy Indy Original Adventures is a superior game, I Staff of Kings will have a special place in my gaming experiences. Afterall, I got to be Indiana Jones for several hours. :)

Good times, good times.

RaideroftheArk

Hello fellow Raiders...

I finally got over my bitterness for the cancellation of this title on the PS3 and Xbox. The other day I broke down and bought it for the Wii.

To say the least, all I kept thinking throughout the entire game was "oh what could have been." Nonetheless, I enjoyed the game for what it was and actually had a lot of fun playing it.

I'm glad I bought it for the Wii as I feel the PS2 version would have been extremely simple in comparison. The Wii controls actually gave it a bit of a challenge. For the most part, they made you slow down and think about how you wanted to fight a group of enemies as oppose to just mashing the buttons or in this case, wildly swinging the controllers.

The story was OK...I found it more straight forward and not nearly as involved as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. To me it was nice that there weren't any heavy twists, but just exactly what you'd expect from an Indy Adventure.

At first I thought this was going to be mainly a fighting game. To my surprise, there was enough of exploration to balance out the action sequences. Finding artifacts wasn't the most impossible thing to do, but by the end of the game there were a few I missed. The gun sequences were among my favorite of the action sequences. Flying the plane, steering the raft and riding the motorcycle were OK although a bit annoying at times.

Overall, I'm glad it's part of my collection, but once again, throughout the entire game I kept yearning for a next-gen console treatment of this title. As many of you have expressed, it was such a tease to show us all those great promo videos and screen shots and then have the rug yanked out from underneath us. I can definitely recommend this title to friends only if they know what to expect...it's just a simple Wii action adventure game featuring Indiana Jones.

Hopefully, if a new movie doesn't materialize, Lucasarts will at least surprise us with a string of Indy games in the future. It would be great to see our Globe trotting archaeologist living on in stunning High Definition video games. :whip: