Hasbro TOD Indy variant?

Dokta_Joenz

So, I just recently acquired a 2nd loose sankara stone Indy since it was complete and my original one was from one of those asian lots on eBay that was missing the machete and came with temple idol Indy's uncoiled whip.

Anyway, when I went to switch it out with the one I had on display I noticed that my old one has the slashes on his back unpainted while the new one had them painted.

Does anyone know if this is actually a true variant or was my first one just a factory error?

Dark Horse

Factory error. The loose eBay ones are seconds that have been put together out of spares to form complete figures.

EddyW

I didn't really want to make a new topic about this, but does anybody have any idea why there are so many of these sets available on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-INDIANA-JONES-MUTT-WILLIAN-MOLA-RAM-FIGURE-LOOSE-/320765213358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaf18baae

They are the same TOD figures most of the time, with varying accessories. Since the TOD line is pretty rare as far as I know, I'm wondering how it's possible that the figures are really easy to find in this form. Why are they all unboxed?

Either someone has hoarded them, they're bootlegs or its a scam.

I would like to get some of them, but Hong Kong just spells problem to me, especially coupled with "eBay".

Love the THREE days to exchange.:rolleyes:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Either someone has hoarded them, they're bootlegs or its a scam.

I would like to get some of them, but Hong Kong just spells problem to me, especially coupled with "eBay".

Love the THREE days to exchange.:rolleyes:

You have Paypal now, don't you.

If they don't turn up, just put a claim through.

These sets of figures have been on Ebay for a long time. Maybe they were surplus from China that were never packaged. That would explain the odd assortment/missing accessories.

Goodeknight

EddyW said:
I didn't really want to make a new topic about this, but does anybody have any idea why there are so many of these sets available on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-INDIANA-JONES-MUTT-WILLIAN-MOLA-RAM-FIGURE-LOOSE-/320765213358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaf18baae

I can't explain them, but I can say I bought a set and am quite pleased. It is an odd collection, almost always the same figures from TOD. Scrounge around and you can find a seller that actually ships the sets with the accessories pictured. Most have disclaimers about how not all of the accessories come with their figures. Mola Ram didn't have his headdress, and Willie had a red sash that doesn't belong to her. But I really wanted Short Round's coiled whip and Indy stuff he carried. Got 'em.

I also bought a bunch of loose temple guards, with the long term goal of making a diorama of the bridge scene. Maybe I'll have time when I retire in 25 years.

Montana Smith said:
You have Paypal now, don't you. If they don't turn up, just put a claim through.
I'm just getting back into the swing, its been a while...Paypal has changed a bit since I shut my account down.

goodeknight said:
Most have disclaimers about how not all of the accessories come with their figures. Mola Ram didn't have his headdress, and Willie had a red sash that doesn't belong to her.
Yea...not interested in auctions with stock photos.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I've bought a TOD set from Hong Kong on eBay and for $20 and although the accessories were mixed up it was a good deal to get some openers. Ask Les David at ThrowMeTheIdol he can let you know more.

EddyW

I think I'll get a set of these figures. For $20, you can't really go wrong. I have the TOD figures in their blisters and it would be nice to have a few loose ones to put on my bookshelves for instance. It's still a weird thing though, that it's only the TOD figures that keep popping up like this, and not the LC ones for instance.

Goodeknight

EddyW said:
It's still a weird thing though, that it's only the TOD figures that keep popping up like this, and not the LC ones for instance.
As others have guessed, I figure someone has crates and crates of them from one particular run. Good deal for us, though. As I said, search until you find one that says it comes with the accessories pictured. Only thing I'd like to have for mine is Mola Ram's headdress. Maybe I could make one out of a mouse skull. Hmmm....

Thugee

I bought 7 figures off one of these sellers in Hong Kong, 5 of which were ToD figures, and they came with all their correct treasures, and all the parts I believe except Short Round. Got them for $10 too so I can't really complain.