Indy V wish list

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Before starting many separate threads, why not fill in as many as you can of these first? (A setpiece is an action sequence.)
-------
Title:
MacGuffin:
Year:
Returning Characters: (asterisk cameos)
New Characters: (and/or actors)
Indy girl: (for whom?)
Sidekick:
Champagne villain: (and motivation)
Menacing villain: (and/or his army)
Critters:
Locations: (in order)
Opening:
Sets and setpieces:
Vehicles:
Grisly death:
Finale:
Last shot:

Title: N/A
MacGuffin: N/A
Year: N/A
Returning Characters: (asterisk cameos) N/A
New Characters: (and/or actors) N/A
Indy girl: (for whom?) N/A
Sidekick: N/A
Champagne villain: (and motivation) N/A
Menacing villain: (and/or his army) N/A
Critters: N/A
Locations: (in order) N/A
Opening: N/A
Sets and setpieces: N/A
Vehicles: N/A
Grisly death: N/A
Finale: N/A
Last shot: N/A

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Well, now that's out of the way. I realize this could deny some the chance to pound "no, no, no" in multiple threads, so you're going to have to focus on quality.

Deleted some bickering. We don't always catch it, but decipherable bowdlerized vulgarities are bad too folks.

Nurhachi1991

Title: Indiana Jones and the Tunnels of Terror
MacGuffin: an object of unspeakable power
Year: 1968
Returning Characters: Mutt Jones, Short Round and Sallah
New Characters:
Indy girl: Mei Ling (for Mutt)
Sidekick: Short Round and Sallah
Champagne villain: General Nguyan
Menacing villain: The Vietcong
Critters: Poison Dart Frogs
Locations: Vietnam Jungles, Marshall College, Indy's home,Cario,Vietnam
Opening: Vietnam 1967, Mutt Jones is drafted into the United States Army to fight in the Vietnam Conflict. On a sneaking mission Mutt and his platoon are ambushed by the Vietcong. They are thrown into a P.O.W. camp beaten and tortured Mutt tells his men on a daring plan of escaping......... Back at Marshall College Indy is getting his things together because on the next day he is headed towards Cario because a team of archaeologists need his immeadite assistance on a dig. He picks up his mail on his desk unaware that a letter from The U.S Army is in the stack he departs on his trip. On the plane he reads the letter to discover that his son is missing in action........

Plot: After arriving in Cario Indy visits his old friend Sallah and plans to catch the first plane back to the States. Sallah takes Indy to the train station Indy asks for a ticket amd Sallah requests two. Back in the United States Indy storms onto the military base and demands to see the general. He explains to Indy there is nothing they can do. Indy heads back home and gets a map of the Vietnam area and Mutts letters saying where he was and what he was doing. Indy and Sallah find out that Mutts last letter was from Hang Chao and they take the first flight out. When they arrive in Hang Chao a dock hand notices the two and continues to stare at them. As Indy and Sallah ask around the village the stranger continues to follow them then turns his hat backwards revealing a battered New York Yankees logo........ All I have so far

Vehicles: U.S. Jeeps,Tanks,Troop Convoys,Moterbikes
Grisly death: head blown off by a U.S. sniper (just one of the deaths)
Last shot: A battered Indy and Mutt ride a beat up jeep into the sunset.

robweiner8

Nurhachi1991 said:
Title: Indiana Jones and the Tunnels of Terror
MacGuffin: an object of unspeakable power
Year: 1968
Returning Characters: Mutt Jones, Short Round and Sallah
New Characters:
Indy girl: Mei Ling (for Mutt)
Sidekick: Short Round and Sallah
Champagne villain: General Nguyan
Menacing villain: The Vietcong
Critters: Poison Dart Frogs
Locations: Vietnam Jungles, Marshall College, Indy's home,Cario,Vietnam
Opening: Vietnam 1967, Mutt Jones is drafted into the United States Army to fight in the Vietnam Conflict. On a sneaking mission Mutt and his platoon are ambushed by the Vietcong. They are thrown into a P.O.W. camp beaten and tortured Mutt tells his men on a daring plan of escaping......... Back at Marshall College Indy is getting his things together because on the next day he is headed towards Cario because a team of archaeologists need his immeadite assistance on a dig. He picks up his mail on his desk unaware that a letter from The U.S Army is in the stack he departs on his trip. On the plane he reads the letter to discover that his son is missing in action........

Plot: After arriving in Cario Indy visits his old friend Sallah and plans to catch the first plane back to the States. Sallah takes Indy to the train station Indy asks for a ticket amd Sallah requests two. Back in the United States Indy storms onto the military base and demands to see the general. He explains to Indy there is nothing they can do. Indy heads back home and gets a map of the Vietnam area and Mutts letters saying where he was and what he was doing. Indy and Sallah find out that Mutts last letter was from Hang Chao and they take the first flight out. When they arrive in Hang Chao a dock hand notices the two and continues to stare at them. As Indy and Sallah ask around the village the stranger continues to follow them then turns his hat backwards revealing a battered New York Yankees logo........ All I have so far

Vehicles: U.S. Jeeps,Tanks,Troop Convoys,Moterbikes
Grisly death: head blown off by a U.S. sniper (just one of the deaths)
Last shot: A battered Indy and Mutt ride a beat up jeep into the sunset.
This sounds pretty cool to me

Nurhachi1991

robweiner8 said:
This sounds pretty cool to me

Thanks I think Vietnam would add alot to the franchise and that can be the last adventure where Indy takes center stage. Than he puts his hat on Mutt or something like that.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah but it is not like its the early 50s it is 1957 that is closer to the 60s theme anyway and they need a new army the Vietcong were pretty evil. No one will ever replace the Nazis though :(

No Ticket

I've thought about it a lot and I kind of feel like there really isn't any great material for Indy in the 50's or 60's. The sci-fi alien thing was probably the coolest (although they messed it up).

1968 is waaaaay too recent for Indy. Plus it's a long time after KOTCS. I dunno, I'm not even sure if another Indy is worthwhile anymore. Odds are it's not going to get "better" than KOTCS.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah but the fact that Mutt being involved in Vietnam is pretty solid and Indy would be what 68 or 69 it would be good for his last adventure

No Ticket

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah but the fact that Mutt being involved in Vietnam is pretty solid and Indy would be what 68 or 69 it would be good for his last adventure

Sounds more like Rambo than Indy.

Nurhachi1991

No Ticket said:
Sounds more like Rambo than Indy.

Thats where I got some of my inspiration for the idea.......... Hell maybe they might bump into John J. Rambo :p

and KOTCS was more sci-fi than Indy so it would not be that out of place.

I just can't think of any possible artifact in Vietnam

muttjones

Sorry but I got on a roll!!!

I'm sorry but I'm not that far into my story. I can't write it like that.
I can give you a short story of the opening scene though.

Opening: Outside New Haven - 1958
Mutt Williams and his greaser buddies are spending their last night together after high school (yes mutt went back to school) in a hotted up car at a long straight section of road ,that is lined with a forest, just outside of town.
They are enjoying themselves while waiting for another greaser group to turn up. The other group turns up and they drag race down the road. Mutt loses control of the car and spins out into the forest. The car speeds down a hill and crashes into a big tree. Mutt and his buddies get out of the car unscathed though.
They walk around the forest for a while trying to find their way out. After a short time they give up and sit down to rest in a clearing.
One of Mutt's greaser friends sits down on a rock. The rock, and the surrounding ground, collapse with the weight and the greaser guy falls down some hidden stairs.
Mutt and the rest of his buddies come down the stairs.
The stairs lead down into an ancient underground American-Indian chamber.
Mutt is amazed at the carvings and paintings on the walls as well as the ancient indian skeletons scattered around the chamber.
He hears a muffled banging sound. It seems to be coming from a doorway carved into the cavern. Like the adventurer his father is he cannot help follow his curiosity so he goes through the doorway with his buddies following behind.

They come to another chamber. The banging heard before is of the trap mechanism set up. The trap mechanism is the walls on ether side of the chamber zooming towards each other and crashing at high speeds.
At certain points along the floor in between the crashing walls are shallow trenches. Three of these trenches are dug into the floor of the chamber.
Mutt is amazed at this while the other greasers are terrified.
At the other end of the room is another entrance to a third room.
Mutt decides to try and get through to the other room. None of his buddies are willing to follow him.
He steadies his nerves, waits for the walls to crash into each other and just as they start to open he sprints towards the other side of the chamber.
Mutt gets to the first trench and rolls into it seconds before the walls crash together over the top of him. As the walls begin to open again he gets out of the trench, sprints and then dives into the next one, just missing getting crushed by the walls again. He sprints and dives into the last trench and waits for the walls to open up again. Once they open Mutt jumps out of the trench and begins to sprint to the safety of the other side of the chamber. He gets about halfway before tripping on a root sticking out of the ground. He falls and lands flat on the ground. The walls are coming closer and closer to him every second. Mutt gets up and sprints towards the other side of the chamber. The walls come closer to him than they ever had before. Mutt keeps sprinting. The walls are about to crush him. Mutt dives towards the other side of the chamber and gets through before the walls crash against each other with millimetres to spare.
The greaser buddies are astonished by the incredible feat Mutt just accomplished.

Mutt gets up after the dive and looks around. He sees the mechanism that is making the walls crash into each other. He pulls out his flick-knife and jams it into the mechanism, stopping it. The walls stop about a three metres apart. The greaser buddies move to the other side of the chamber quickly.

Mutt and Co. walk into the third chamber. This is the treasure chamber. At the end of the room is an American-Indian headdress decorated with gold, silver and multi-coloured feathers as well as other beautiful things on it. Behind it is a big eagle head carved into the wall. The eagle's mouth is opened wide.
The headdress is sitting on a raised platform. Mutt walks right up to the headdress. He steps on a stone near the platform. It sinks into the ground under Mutt's weight and instantly another defense mechanism is set off. A circular wall of green fire shoots out of the ground around the headdress. Mutt jumps back out of the way just before being scorched by the flames.
Mutt is looking for something to help him get the headdress. He looks around but there is nothing in this chamber. Mutt leans against the wall defeated that he can't get the headdress.
Mutt suddenly sees a long thin tree root sticking out of the ground. It is about ten feet long. Mutt gets an idea. He goes over to the root and pulls it out of the ground. The root is quite flimsy and malleable. He holds it at one end and gives it a crack like a whip. It works perfectly.

Mutt walks over to the flame guarded headdress. His greaser buddies look on from the other side of the chamber with mouths agape.
Mutt pulls the root back, then whips at the headdress through the flames. It catches around it. He quickly pulls and it flies through out of the fire into Mutt's arms. The root is half burnt away. Useless he throws it on the ground.
The platform the headdress was resting on starts to sink into the floor.
Mutt and Co. are just leaving the room when a loud grumble is heard. Mutt stops and turns to look back. He sees that the eagle's eyes are glowing red. Mutt shouts to his buddies up ahead to run. He starts sprinting out of the room.

The eagle carved into the wall starts spurting a massive trail of fire from its mouth. It fills up the treasure room and moves quickly out the doorway chasing Mutt and his friends.

Mutt runs into the crashing walls room. His friends are almost through to the other side.
Mutt sprints after them between the stopped crashing walls with the headdress under his arm.
The flick-knife jammed into the crashing walls mechanism is still stopping the walls from crashing but barely.
Suddenly the flick-knife snaps in half. The crashing walls mechanism starts again with Mutt only three quarters of the way across.
Mutt notices the walls closing in on him again. He starts to sprint harder.

Suddenly the fire spews out from the treasure room. It looks like it is chasing Mutt. Trying to get back the headdress he took. Mutt runs on with the fire chasing him from behind and the walls closing in on him from the sides.
Mutt just makes it through before the crashing walls hit each other. The fire is still chasing him however.
He sprints into the original chamber leaping over the Indian skeletons. He runs up the stairs and dives out onto the ground in the forest. The flames fly up out of the clearing just above the treetops before dissolving into the air.
Mutt is helped back up onto his feet by his buddies.
THE END

The rest of the movie would consist of this:
Mutt comes back to Marshall College eager to impress Indiana Jones with the headdress he found.
Indy is too busy with his associate dean job that he doesn't pay proper attention.
The next day Dean Charles Stanworth has a meeting with Indy. He explains that he is retiring at the end of the semester (which is almost over) and that he wants Indy to take on position of Head Dean.
This would meen no more in-the-field work. Indy does not know whether to take the job. He has a few weeks to decide however so he decides to go on a field expedition (with Mutt) thinking that it might be his last.

The dig would go wrong for some reason involving the communists so Indy and Mutt would have to go and save the day and stop the Commies from getting whatever powerful artefact they desire (haven't decided what it is yet)

What I would like to see the most in Indy V if Mutt came along would be a love interest for him.
Indy is already married to Marion so he couldn't.
Indy is scared of snakes, Henry Jones Snr. is scared of rats........what If Mutt was scared of girls.
Think about it. There could be some really good opportunities for him to get all nervous and self conscious around the main lady but in the end he would get the girl. :hat:

muttjones

Nurhachi1991 said:

69 is WAY too old dude

I think this would be cool if they made it with just Mutt no Indy.

Mutt is about 18 in Indy IV so he would be 29 in this one.
Mutt would already be a full fledged archaeologist and Indy would be retired from field operations because he's PRACTICALLY 70.

I would love to see this but Indy is just WAY too old dude.

Scrap him.

I like the idea of Mutt williams getting the girl. I was going to put a girl for him in my story but i've only got the opening and the college scene.

Jonesy9906753

Title:Indiana Jones And The Of Palace of Minos

MacGuffin:Gold of king minos

Year:1962,Beginning of Vietnam War

Returning Characters:Indy,Sallah,Marion,Mutt,Ox,Jock

New Characters:the villiain,menacing villain,man wong with museum,other people

Indy girl:girl for pre-army mutt? Marion for Indy

Sidekick:Sallah

Champagne villain:Some sort of Competetive American Archeologist to Indy?

Menacing villain:Man that likes to use surgery tools on his victims,he will be the reason old indy has eyepatch in young indy series

Critters:Snakes,Bugs,Saltwater crocodile

Locations:Arizona(Indy),Marshall College(Indy),Indy's Home,Marine Corps
Recruit Depot Parris Island(Mutt),Egypt(Indy and Sallah),Vietnam (Mutt),Knossos,Greece(Indy and Sallah)

Opening:Indy in a car chase with competetor towards a mountain range in Arizona looking for a Native American Artifact.

Sets and setpieces:Elstree Studios,Arizona Desert,Marine training Base?,Cambodia(used as jungles of vietnam),Pasadena(Indy's Home),

Grisly death:Indy kills menacing villain,champagne villain killed by minatar that guards treasure

Finale:Greed gets the best of villain and he gets ****ed up for it,and indy gets gold for museum of antiquities say,Mutt comes back home after being wounded,Indy and co.visit Mutt in hospital

Last shot:Indy and co. leave,Mutt's love interest comes to see him,mutt gives her same charm that his old man has and they kiss into the credits

passing torch not needed
no ford,no indy
:whip: