TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Fanwork and Activities
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
DDW1
IndyFan

Indiana Jones and the Stone of Destiny

I started working on this Indy script about a year and a half ago when news spread that Ford would agree to do Star Wars if he was given the chance to reprise his role as Indiana Jones. At the same time rumors were also circling that Disney was looking to reboot the series. The thought came to me that a story could be written that would encompass both of these scenarios, with the younger Indy moments holding most of your action set pieces and the older Indy scenes playing out more like a Sherlock Holmes film, or the Da Vinci Code series. I started playing around with scenes, doing research, and before I knew it I had written a 140 page script (part 1 of a 2 part series). I hope fans from this forum will read the script, and let me know what they think. I could use some help tightening it up, trimming about twenty pages. Anyways, here is a quick synopsis and the link to the script can be found below. Enjoy.

INDIANA JONES AND THE STONE OF DESTINY

The dramatic first chapter of the The Atlantis Saga. The story follows Indiana Jones through two parallel running storylines, in the years 1924 and 1967.

The story introduces a young, somewhat naive Indy and his mentor Abner Ravenwood in 1924. They quickly find themselves in over their heads when they attend a meeting by a secret society in Berlin. There they stumble upon a plot to steal an ancient scepter by a dangerous occult group that has ties with the newly formed Nazi Party.

Meanwhile, in 1967, an old Indiana Jones, in the twilight of his career, has discovered a clue while on a university dig in Athens that will lead him to the most sought after archeological find ever, the lost city of Atlantis. With the help of his students and a ragtag ship captain named Abraxas Young, Indy sets off on an odyssey aboard the Sea Crow; taking the crew from Greece to Egypt and finally to the Azores Islands. Along the way, Indiana realizes how a mysterious artifact from his past has altered his destiny and also the destiny of those around him.

Here's the link: http://www.abnersjournal.com/#!the-s...-destiny/c1yrw
DDW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #2
punisher5150
IndyFan

Looks very cool!

My Indy 5 also has a similar theme (although not quite as grand as your effort) and utilizes a version of Black Sun as well and an older Indy narrating the adventures of a younger Indy in the teaser. This would introduce the young Indy as a small part (teaser) of Indy 5, then he would become the main character in Indy 6! (You can see it in the contest held a couple of years back for Indy 5, where it won 2nd place and I got a cool signed copy of the book on making the fanfilm Raiders!).

Great job on finishing the first script and I am looking forward to reading it. Thanks for giving us some new adventures of Indiana Jones!!!!
punisher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
DDW1
IndyFan

I hope you get the chance to read it, would love some feedback. Feel free to send a review to abnersjournal@gmail.com. Let me know what you think of the website as well. And by all means, come back to the Raven and share your thoughts.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #4
AnythingGoes
IndyFan

Location: Somewhere east of Jupiter, but no where near Mercury. The rent is too high.
Just wanted to take a moment to thank and congratulate you on an excellent script and a just as fabulous fansite! I can only imagine the staggering effort and dedication that must have gone into this project, and it certainly shows. The site is polished and professional looking, and the amount of research you've put into your Atlantis Saga is formidable and appreciable.

The story itself is very intriguing, and the tangential old/young Indy story arcs lend to an interesting juxtaposition, one that sadly will probably not feature in the actual Indy 5, despite the potential it has.

Your action sequences are particularly impressive and read like they'll translate very well to screen. My personal favorites were the Florence elevator fight and the climatic chase/fight on the ship.

Looking forward to more of your work, as well as your always insightful and interesting Indy 5 articles!
AnythingGoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
DDW1
IndyFan

The first 15 pages are posted for Rebels of the Underworld, which will conclude the story started in Stone of Destiny. With the introduction I tried to get back to the roots of the franchise, stealing an idea from an old Zorro serial.

Give it a read and let me know what you think.

http://www.abnersjournal.com/#!rebel...nderworld/c5l3
Old 09-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #6
DDW1
IndyFan

Working on a couple of posters for the script.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #7
DDW1
IndyFan

This is what I settled on, what do you all think?

Old 09-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #8
Joosse
IndyFan

Wow!

That looks amazone.
Joosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #9
Joosse
IndyFan

I meant amazing...

Trouble with internet on phones, they have auto-incorrect.
Joosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #10
DDW1
IndyFan

Thanks Joose, and speaking of phones, I actually created the poster on my iPhone using a couple of apps called Union and Sketch Master. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #11
neverAcquiesce
IndyFan

The underwater tone is a great idea while maintaining a hint of the classic sandy look at the top.

And I'm a big fan of the artwork you got the Indy silhouette from, so that's a cool little Easter egg.
neverAcquiesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #12
DDW1
IndyFan

Yes, Mathew Reynolds is fantastic! Here is a link to his deviantart gallery and the work I used on the poster: http://batfish73.deviantart.com/art/...Jones-49860310

And thanks for pointing out the color scheme. I thought it would be cool to deviate from the sandy tone, especially with a McGuffin like Atlantis.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:31 PM   #13
neverAcquiesce
IndyFan

The logo really pops against the blue, too.
neverAcquiesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #14
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverAcquiesce
The logo really pops against the blue, too.
Blue and orange are colors contrasting each other in the traditional chart, so there's a reason to suspect that was deliberate.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #15
Attila the Professor

I like the look.

I might consider dropping the comma from the tagline, though.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
Tibor
IndyFan

Very nice, but I need to know... What's George Clooney got to do with it in the second poster?
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #17
DDW1
IndyFan

Ha! Good question Tibor! I did my own casting for the new Indiana Jones films on my website:
http://www.abnersjournal.com/#!episo...-the-same/ca21

Thought George Clooney would make a good Abner Ravenwood.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #18
Tibor
IndyFan

Excellent! I like...
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:33 AM   #19
DDW1
IndyFan

Anyone have a chance to read Indiana Jones and the Stone of Destiny? Any thoughts or criticisms?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #20
DDW1
IndyFan

I think I got the quote wrong, anyone help me out here? Donovan speaking to Indy in Last Crusade, "it's time to ask yourself what you believe" is the correct quote is it not?
Old 01-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #21
Indy McFly
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW1
I think I got the quote wrong, anyone help me out here? Donovan speaking to Indy in Last Crusade, "it's time to ask yourself what you believe" is the correct quote is it not?

You are correct.
Indy McFly is offline   Reply With Quote