Farthest Away You've Been from Home?

Meerkat

For me, it was a trip to China- I went to Beijing, Shanghai, and another place that I don't quite know how to spell the name of.
Other than Canada, I've never been anywhere outside the U.S., which is kind of depressing...

adventure_al

ive travelled alot. China and Egypt among the highlights.

Furthest I've travelled is Australia and New Zealand which is as far away from home as I could be.

AnnieJones

Gee,I wish I could have been to as many interesting places as them,but sadly I haven't.The places I have been to(other than my home state)are only in the U.S.A.,such as Ohio,Virginia,Maryland,and South Carolina.

The Drifter

I ain't been outside the USA sadly. The farthest that I've been away from home is from West Virginia to Alabama. About a 16 hour car ride.

I've been to:
West Virginia
Virginia
Ohio
Maryland
Washington D.C.
Kentucky
Tennessee
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama

AlivePoet

I've been living in South Korea for the past four months and have done some travelling throughout Asia, but prior to that, Europe was the farthest away I'd been from home.

Gear

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I ain't been outside the USA sadly. The farthest that I've been away from home is from West Virginia to Alabama. About a 16 hour car ride.

I've been to:
West Virginia
Virginia
Ohio
Maryland
Washington D.C.
Kentucky
Tennessee
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama

What, you didn't bother to travel across the continent to Oregon?

There is a reason they made a trail to here.

:p

The Drifter

Gear said:
What, you didn't bother to travel across the continent to Oregon?

There is a reason they made a trail to here.

:p

I used to play this. Catching dysentery, loosing my oxen fording a river, and having to hunt countless bears made me afraid to traverse the Oregon Trail!
Oregon_Trail.jpg

AnnieJones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I used to play this. Catching dysentery, loosing my oxen fording a river, and having to hunt countless bears made me afraid to traverse the Oregon Trail!
Oregon_Trail.jpg
I have a slightly updated version of this game.I also used to play these all the time and I sometimes still do.They're pretty fun!(y)
It makes me wish I could travel on the real Oregon Trail.

tocksic

The farthest place I've ever been was a 7 month stay on the Fidji Islands - which is kind of the farthest possible place from my home in Germany. :p

Other than that I've been to France, Austria, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Tunesia - most of them several times.

Oh and Hawaii & Canada - but only to change planes to fidji .. so I don't think those count. :p

I hopefully will visit a part of my familiy living near Boston sometime close.

Chiliana Jones

papua/new guinea(timika, jayapura, abepura, wamena). i guess that's the farthest away i've been. i live in Norway.
other than that i've been to Scotland(Edinburgh, Glasgow), England(London, Newcastle), germany(berlin,frankfurt, Bremen), chech republic(Prague), France(Paris), U.S.A(Hollywood/Los Angeles), Spain (Barcelona), Sweden(Piteå, Stockholm), Denmark(Copenhagen, Roskilde) and around Indonesia(Jakarta, surabaya, Bali, Ambon)

Last edited:

Joosse

I have travelled extensively, but the furthest I have been is to the South Island of New Zealand. As I am from the Netherlands, that's all the way around the world for me.

Anything further than that, I would actually be on my way back... ;)

nz498tewaewaebay.jpg