2nd Trailer - initial impressions

Kingsley

eroc said:
Do you mean when Marion says, "I don't think he plans that far ahead"? I thought that it was a classic scene. Probably soon after Mutt has become in awe of the Professor. It reminds me of, "I'm making this up as I go."
It reminds me of that too, and that's the problem. I don't know why.
The other reminiscent line, "don't touch anything", works for me. Short lines in tense moments are fantastic. But this dialogue remains too calm for too long in an action scene. Almost like Marcus and Henry Sr inside the tank in LC. They are not in a camping trip through the forest! (anyway, it's not in the movie context, so it could ultimately work fine there)

Honestly, I'm complaining about the only thing that bothers me in the whole trailer!

Really, INDY ROCKS HARD this time!

Last edited:

No Ticket

Kingsley said:
It reminds me of that too, and that's the problem. I don't know why.
The other reminiscent line, "don't touch anything", works for me. Short lines in tense moments are fantastic. But this dialogue remains too calm for too long in an action scene. Almost like Marcus and Henry Sr inside the tank in LC. They are not in a camping trip through the forest! (anyway, it's not in the movie context, so it coul ultimately work fine there)

Honestly, I'm complaining about the only thing that bothers me in the whole trailer.

Really, INDY ROCKS HARD this time!

Maybe they're calm because Indy has defeated almost all the enemies by this point and they are on a roll when it seems like he is out of options to defeat the last thing... then bazooka.

pitt_norton

MattJones said:
I still don't understand how people hate the trailer or think it is "silly."

Go back and watch the trilogy. You should reestablish why you are an Indy fan.

This trailer fits like a glove, it's like Indy has never been away. I'm so excited beyond words. 3 more weeks!

Kingsley

No Ticket said:
Maybe they're calm because Indy has defeated almost all the enemies by this point and they are on a roll when it seems like he is out of options to defeat the last thing... then bazooka.
Right, it can work that way... I'm complaining because internet is free :p

A lot of Dovchenko stuff, he seems more than just a substitute for Pat Roach...
Great shot of that "Flannery looking guy"...
And there is Mac, with the russians, hiding from the rocket sled's fire!

And hey, the Ark theme at the beginning! They made it all right this time!

mr.wolf

i noticed there's a clip in there of a Russian archeologist/scientist guy opening a crate in the wharehouse scene can anyone make out the contents? right at the 1 min mark

isaac_z

mr.wolf said:
i noticed there's a clip in there of a Russian archeologist/scientist guy opening a crate in the wharehouse scene can anyone make out the contents?

well, he could be just a soldier with glasses, doesn't have to be an archaeologist or a scientist...

What Truck?

Outstanding!

My favorite moment of the trailer occurs when Indy jumps into the Russian's car, causing a domino effect and catapulting the furthest ruskie out of the vehicle!

Even if the rest of the trailer were rubbish (which it most certainly is not!), that shot alone would have reassured me of the impending awesomeness that is Indy IV.

Also, the rocket sled sequence looks incredible! :gun: :whip: :gun:

blueseattle

I love the shot looking up at Mutt and Indy. It's so cool and classic.

I saw it right after the Dark Knight trailer, when I was saying, "I dunno Indy, you have some competition..." and then this leaked, as if to say, "Um, no Mike."

Unbelievable.. I need a valium to calm down.

commontone

blueseattle said:
I saw it right after the Dark Knight trailer, when I was saying, "I dunno Indy, you have some competition..." and then this leaked, as if to say, "Um, no Mike."

I'd like to see the competition..anyone happen to have a link to the new Dark Knight trailer? It's already been banned from YouTube.

Chris Jones

I honestly cannot stop watching this trailer. It is amazing! I can't wait for this movie! I can't even go to bed because i'm so excited!

Why does May 22 seem soooo far away! Gah!

This is going to be the best movie of 2008.

enoch

aarrgghh...I was minutes late to youtube and this very kind link is not having me either. I am just not computer saavy enough to.....to see tha damn thing!

Agent Z

That trailer was awesome! So, is this it though? No more trailers until the 22nd? I kinda hope so, because I already made a liar out of myself by watching a trailer which I said I never would have watched before the 22nd.

That final shot of Indy, Mutt, and Marion ducking from the approaching jungle cutter blade seems to be from a different scene...why would they be ducking in towards the middle of the jeep when that is the path of the blade? I sense another wonky edit choice there.

metalinvader

:56 second into the trailer,Could that be the
Irish castle
that was mentioned in the description of one of those leap frog books?

ScarfaceJoker

Trailer was awesome. And this trailer proves to me that whatever happens with the script and the story, the film is going to be very well directed.

Half the thrill of Indy is seeing a new Steven Speilberg film - even his lesser works are worth seeing because of his influence.

But the other half of the thrill is Indy - and he is on absolutely top form in this trailer.

I cannot wait.

Blue Jay

i am just impressed. the vibe is great, the fun and the action fits :)

a dynamite movie so to speak.

the only thing i am not sure about is the digital timer, but that is it.

isaac_z

any else notice differences in the trailer from the first TV spot?

the first is the delivery of "c'mon genius" - sounds a bit different and i like this new version better.

the second is the explosion on the jungle cutter. the first TV spot clearly shows the blade flying off with the blast, while the second TV spot and trailer both show the explosion without that added disk. weird. it seems like the latter two are using older/pre-FXed footage for this shot. either that or the Big S decided to take that out.

hmm.

also, can anyone understand the opening narration when he says "...that a crystal skull was stolen from [abidagola?] a lost city in the amazon..."? what's this 'abidagola' and why does he say it so quickly?

finally, does anyone else see the chunk of gold on the left side of the skull as indy turns it towards mutt? could this be some sort of ancient 'plug-in' or am i seeing things...?

Last edited: