The Wilhelm scream in Indy 4

The Man

Hmmm. Having read the last few posts and listening to it again (and again), I've gone from not sure to positive to not sure again. To me, it sounds like there's a break - or a Harrison Hiccup - in the middle...

Mods: place a ? after the thread title...;)

The Man

isaac_z said:
a what?

i'm not so sure about it being the scream, either.

This began when Trailer 2 emerged. In the opening voiceover when Harrison says,"...from a mythical lost city...", it sounds like he hiccupped and left the 'h' out mythical. They really need to remedy this for the final cut or this movie will suck all sorts of balls...;)

isaac_z

i find that when i have hiccups, i just take thirteen sips of water...:p

that way i don't sound like i'm making up words like 'abidigal'

visionz13

death proof?

the wilhelm scream is in almost all movies that feature significant yelling. Me and my roomates hear it over and over and we always point it out.

lynchpin

It's definitely not the Wilhelm, of which there are only three variations -- this is not one of them.

The sound editor for this spot (re: not Benn Burtt) laid in this library sound effect for this spot only. It's a pretty garish and unoriginal sound and definitely would stick out in Indy land if it weren't only limited to the advertising.

No editor in his right mind would waste the Wilhelm in a TV spot anyway ;)

Last edited:

QBComics

Thats not the Wilhelm Scream! Thats the scream the bad guys make when they die in Lego Star Wars! :p