Adventures in the Secret Service

fommes

Can't believe there isn't a thread on this one yet? Anyway, I recently saw this episode on DVD (yeah I'm working my way very, very, very slowly through my box sets), and either I hadn't seen the TV-film version yet or I had forgotten, but I can't believe they recut the beginning of Austria! This was one of the best in the whole series, and finally shows a Young Indy that knows what he's doing, as in fact he is in the rest of the episode. In the re-edited version, though, they replace that by the bumbling Young Indy familiar from other episodes (and it's a bit of a contrast with the rest of the episode). Shame. Also, the new bookends are pretty dumb, too, as he didn't 'fail' himself at all. That could have been better.
It's also paired with one of the most poignant and I guess adult Young Indy episodes. Overall great stuff. And the score to Austria remains one of my favourites; and the one I'd probably want most of all the unreleased scores.

PS: I've only noticed just now that it's "Adventures in the Secret Service", not "Adventures in Secret Service".

Raiders90

fommes said:
Can't believe there isn't a thread on this one yet? Anyway, I recently saw this episode on DVD (yeah I'm working my way very, very, very slowly through my box sets), and either I hadn't seen the TV-film version yet or I had forgotten, but I can't believe they recut the beginning of Austria! This was one of the best in the whole series, and finally shows a Young Indy that knows what he's doing, as in fact he is in the rest of the episode. In the re-edited version, though, they replace that by the bumbling Young Indy familiar from other episodes (and it's a bit of a contrast with the rest of the episode). Shame. Also, the new bookends are pretty dumb, too, as he didn't 'fail' himself at all. That could have been better.
It's also paired with one of the most poignant and I guess adult Young Indy episodes. Overall great stuff. And the score to Austria remains one of my favourites; and the one I'd probably want most of all the unreleased scores.

PS: I've only noticed just now that it's "Adventures in the Secret Service", not "Adventures in Secret Service".

It's one of my favorites too. He's often the smug, smart, rogue-ish Indy we know from the films in this one.