Young Indy Reference in KOTCS?

tupogirl

Wasn't there a bookend where Old Indy was on a plane and he mentions to the guy he's telling the story to that he's flown this airline for 50 years?

For Verdun! The Wizard of Wall Street. Oh man, that is AWESOME!! Good catch!

I also was thinking about his stint as a double agent in Italy, lol. I remember the first time I saw it (having NOT seen the movies!!!) and thinking 'HIS ARM!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS ARM!! AND HIS EYE! WHO IS THAT!?!' LOL.

I am going to see the film again soon.

'Macguffins??' What about the jackal head? What about the peacock eye??????

And I have to start another thread about what I think of the historical people he runs into!

tupogirl

Crack that whip said:
I hope you don't mean you've had occasion to put this to the test...

No, I was thinking about the episode, lol!!!!!! I'm a walking disaster with a fear of heights. Things see me coming and break before I can get to them;).

SterankoII

I was pleasantly surprised by the reference but even more surprised by how long it was and actually getting into plot details! I'm glad they tied the show into the movies.

Adamwankenobi

WeAreGoingToDie said:
I watched "Trenches of Hell" last night and found the scene in which Indy attempts an escape with the Russian prisoners doubly sad now that I know years later Indy has to fight soldiers of the very same country that he once helped.
But seriously, they should have listened to Indy, homemade rope cannot support two people! ;)

Well, when you're in prison, you'll do anything to escape. ;)

Young Indy

I loved the reference! I elbowed my friend when he mentioned Pancho Villa with a big grin on my face. I never thought they would reference it so specifically! Also the talk of him being a spy in WWII and the Cold War is a reference in a way since he was a spy before.

Mr.MojoRisin

Young Indy said:
I loved the reference! I elbowed my friend when he mentioned Pancho Villa with a big grin on my face. I never thought they would reference it so specifically! Also the talk of him being a spy in WWII and the Cold War is a reference in a way since he was a spy before.

I was thinking that too. A good nod to his spy days in Young Indy.

Indy fan 235

I also liked the reference. I had a big smile from that, it's nice to see them making a mention of it. They used it well in the film and didn't go overboard with him mentioning everyone he had met.

Well done.

InexorableTash

doesitmatter said:
That was the most surprising thing in the whole movie for me. I turned to my wife and went "That's, that's an episode."

Ha! That's the point where my wife turned to me and said "yes!!!!" - I didn't even think she'd remember that one.

(Of course, my wife and son went dressed as Indy to the movie, so I shouldn't be surprised she's been paying attention on the sly.)

Avilos

I imagine that Sean Patrick Flannery really appreciated this! Maybe even more than the rest of us. Indy's life is this amazing tapestry of adventures. Which Young Indiana Jones is firmly apart of.

Stoo

DrHapgood said:
But... Pan Am went bankrupt in '91 and Old Indy occurs around 92.

:confused:
The airline in the bookend is not Pan Am, though.

I love when Indy spits during the reference.

Indy Smith

It brought a smile to my face to hear this reference. If only the movie where a great full course meal instead of a few amazing mouthfuls...

Michael24

Stoo said:
I love when Indy spits during the reference.

I thought that was kinda odd, actually. Mostly because I see too many people doing that in real life, sometimes when I'm walking right behind them, so I hate when characters I like do it. But am I missing something about why it was done?

Stoo

Yes, I was really surprised when I saw it, too. Since he does it after mentioning
General Heurta's name,
maybe it was done because of a long-lingering hatred?

tupogirl

Avilos said:
I imagine that Sean Patrick Flannery really appreciated this! Maybe even more than the rest of us. Indy's life is this amazing tapestry of adventures. Which Young Indiana Jones is firmly apart of.

I hope he did. He always seemed to be in awe of the experiences he had. I rewatched the Mexico episode the other day and I still felt that wonderful, excited feeling rising in my chest seeing Indy and Frank thumbing their way to Mexico. Such a beautiful shot. I suppose this is how a lot of people feel about the movies. This was my boulder!

Stoo

tupogirl said:
I rewatched the Mexico episode the other day and I still felt that wonderful, excited feeling rising in my chest seeing Indy and Frank thumbing their way to Mexico. Such a beautiful shot.
The music during this sequence is great, too. With the G.Hall narration, it's even better.
"...changed my life forever." Perfect episode to reference!(y)

By the way, I spelled
Huerta
wrong.
(When does the spoiler ban finish?)

tupogirl

Stoo said:
The music during this sequence is great, too. With the G.Hall narration, it's even better.
"...changed my life forever." Perfect episode to reference!(y)

By the way, I spelled
Huerta
wrong.
(When does the spoiler ban finish?)

LOL!!!!!!!! I have no idea. I love the music. I miss my Volume 1 album. I didn't realize I still knew that sequence by heart. *sigh* :)

Adamwankenobi

tupogirl said:
I hope he did. He always seemed to be in awe of the experiences he had. I rewatched the Mexico episode the other day and I still felt that wonderful, excited feeling rising in my chest seeing Indy and Frank thumbing their way to Mexico. Such a beautiful shot. I suppose this is how a lot of people feel about the movies. This was my boulder!

Same here. (y) :hat:

tupogirl

Adamwankenobi said:
Same here. (y) :hat:

*Hi-5* That is really cool:).(y)

I will say the bridging scenes and overdubs are a bit wonky but oh well. That is the oldest looking high school class I've ever seen!

Crack that whip

tupogirl said:
*Hi-5* That is really cool:).(y)

I will say the bridging scenes and overdubs are a bit wonky but oh well. That is the oldest looking high school class I've ever seen!

You must not yet have seen Grease, then. ;)

That said, I'd rather see most of the bridging sequences removed and the Old Indy bookends restored. I honestly think they work better; in fact, I think that even if they don't work for all viewers on their own, they still make the rest of the show work better. But there are a few of the "movies" for which the linking material works well, though.