Photos from Universal Studios Backlot

Hanselation

Could be very nice to see this set in Indy 4! (y)

set.jpg

But now......psssssssssst! :rolleyes:

indyt

I agree, and I still think this may show up. But I did read in a synopsis of NT2 that there was mention of some central/south american involvement. Not sure what we will get though.

Indy2007

the photos have been confirmed from a few sites that it is not for indy 4. which sucks cause i thought they looked good.

Zorg

I think Paramount acted because they wanted to stop the false news/rumours. Still, many people are going to see that as a sure sign the sets are from Indy IV... :rolleyes:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The set pics were proven to be for National Treasure 2, not for Indiana Jones IV.

This thread is closed to further discussion. If you feel that this closing is in error please feel free to PM a moderator for assistance.

Papa Jones

I dunno what's going on, but the set really looks like a screenshot of one of the "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" game levels.

Atlantis anyone?... City of Gods... Alien technology... hum :)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah....but then again...isn't it possible to build a set that wont be seen by every tourist invading Hollywood? :confused:

Ste2652

I'm not convinced it's for Indy IV... they did the whole Aztec temple thing at the beginning of Raiders, and I doubt Speilberg would even risk going back to revisit that since it worked so well originally.

It's a good distraction for the press, however, since it does look like it might fit into an Indy film. And there's already a thread about whether Lucas and co would leak false info, especially in the present day where the media get hold of pretty much everything. Could this simply be a grand deception? Very possibly.

scifiwolf

If it is for distraction, we deserve it. With the way information and media flows so heavily online, false titles just don't cut it anymore. Maybe it's for a ride or another movie, too. Anything happening with the Tomb Raider franchise?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Ste2652 said:
I'm not convinced it's for Indy IV... they did the whole Aztec temple thing at the beginning of Raiders
No they didn't, the temple was not an Aztec temple...however, that being said I do not think that this set is for Indy IV for reasons other than the ones given.

If anybody thinks that by doing a few minutes long scene with Indy effectively running through a cave at the beginning of Raiders this means they have "done the Aztec temple thing" then they're crazy!

As far as enigmatic ancient ruins and legends are concerned the ancient civilizations of latin america are arguably as strong as or stronger contenders than anywhere else in the world (or any other world :)!)

Surely people must realise the Indy trilogy hasn't already covered these cultures?!

A final pedantic point, the "temple" in raiders was probably Olmec, too, so even if you don;t want to touch that same culture again, it still leaves the Maya, Aztec, Inca and other cultures!

Bah. I want South America. The other main hotbeds of ancient civilisation - Europe, the Middle East and Asia - have been adequately touched upon already. That leaves Africa and Latin America, and I think there is greater scope for adventure and intrigue of plot with the latter.

Hanselation

This set fits into the timescale

of the Indiana Jones Production, it looks like a Indy set, UIP is implemented in the production together with Paramount, the old people (Spielberg/Lucas/Ford) don't want to go to far away for shooting, the set has a typical look, like we saw in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and a little bit like in the end of "Last Crusade", seems to be from the same set designer, the story will take place also in south-america, because there is obviously the city of gods and finally, this set does'nt really fit into the National Treasure II story.

What do you believe is the truth?
I think you'll have a true answer with the teaser! (y)

Zorg

Hanselation said:
What do you believe is the truth?
I think you'll have a true answer with the teaser! (y)

Gosh, these months before we get the teaser seem SO long now.