Ford's best line delivery in KOTCS?

The Drifter

alotofmaryskid said:
I don't understand....I love the line. What's up? I also liked "I like Ike."

The line just sounded tons better in the teaser. The delivery of it was off in the film.

michael

"Good thing we're not grave robbers." Ford just nails it with this one.

The Man said:
"Woah. WOOAAH!"

Yes! Was gonna say this as well.

@ "Part time."

Yeah, such a shame that it wasn't the trailer version.

kongisking

The Man said:
Yes! Vintage Indy.

I remember grinning stupidly upon hearing that line. Then again, I was grinning stupidly throughout the whole damn movie, so what does my opinion matter? :p

bonoferox

The way he delivered the "Yes?" after crashing in a library....Not sure what it is about his delivery, but I just loved it.

Also the "Joe College. Hit him hard."

James

indytim said:
I agree. Why they changed this is beyond me?!

It could've had something to do with Ford's reaction immediately after the line- a slight smirk that Indy gives Mutt. Spielberg mentioned during one interview that he liked that (ad-libbed) aspect of the delivery, so he may have felt the theatrical version was the best example of it.

The theatrical version does sound more like vintage Indy, though.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy's brother said:
I'm going with "I thought we were friends, Mac." His facial expression emotes disbelief, adrenaline, fear, and anger all at once.

I haven't given much thought to this, but it's hard to disagree with this choice.

Team Indy

I think these are my favorite lines. XD

kongisking said:
"Well, from the way you sink your teeth into those wubble-yous, I'd say maybe eastern Ukraine."

And then Irina attempts to read his mind, and slaps him twice across the cheeks. (n)

"You're a hard man to read, Dr. Jones." "Ouch."

I don't know who they hired to do the Spalkov role but... :eek: She makes the hairs on my back stand on end!

JP Jones

"I wrote!"- funny. Just funny

"Get to the river!"- Perfect action line. Great smack after too.

"Hiya Mac!"- Adds to the frantic chaos of the chase.

Henry W Jones

JP Jones said:
"Get to the river!"- Perfect action line. Great smack after too.

Great line.That line reminds me of the scene in TOD when they are being chased by the water and they just make it out the tunnel. Water rushing by and holding the wall for his life Indy yells, "Head for the Bridge!!! Go!!!"
The delivery is very similar.

5809309051_41938df167_b.jpg

Also can someone help me please with posting a photo and video directly on the page instead of a link to it.. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man

"Where'd they go, Space?"

Okay, it's a line that's potentially ripe for ridicule, but Ford's expression and gravitas in reading the line is vintage, mystified Indy.

Indy's brother

The Man said:
"Where'd they go, Space?"

Okay, it's a line that's potentially ripe for ridicule, but Ford's expression and gravitas in reading the line is vintage, mystified Indy.

...not to mention the tears in his eyes! My interpretation is that this was his emotional response to the psychic connection between himself and the skull being severed.

Good one, The Man. :hat:

The Man

Indy's brother said:
...not to mention the tears in his eyes! My interpretation is that this was his emotional response to the psychic connection between himself and the skull being severed.

Good one, The Man. :hat:

Yeah, it's a beautiful moment. Perhaps I have a face-crush on Mr. Ford...;)