San Diego Comic-Con 2014

Lance Quazar

I noticed there is an Indiana Jones fan panel at the Con on Saturday.

Anyone here planning on going?

I'll be on hand to sign autographed copies of "Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret."

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
I noticed there is an Indiana Jones fan panel at the Con on Saturday.

Anyone here planning on going?

I'll be on hand to sign autographed copies of "Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret."

Ooh ! I'll take one to scalp on eBay !

Montana Smith

There was word that Sideshow was going to have a sixth scale TOD Indy figure at SDCC:

Commtech said:
Not really custom news (and sorry if this has been mentioned already), but I just learned from a very reliable source, that there will be a 1/6 TOD Indy from Sideshow at their booth at comic con!

It didn't materialize. :(

However,

Commtech said:
Well, I don't mean to further get your hopes up, but yesterday at the show and according to my SSC contact, it is still happening, just wasn't ready for Comic-con. I knew about Deadpool, for example and there it was, so this guy isn't making stuff up. But.... pretend I've said nothing... don't want to break any more hearts...

So maybe?

Haven't seen any upcoming Indiana Jones related merchandise at the show.

The nearest thing to the genre that I noticed was this Rocketeer ornament by Hallmark:

sdcc2014_hallmark_64.jpg

S. Dakota Jones

Ooo, I would love a ToD Indy. I haven't been able to convince myself to buy the Hot Toys Indy but I do have the SS Raiders Indy.

I do like those Ripleys(Riplei? lol), and the sculpt on the powerloader version looks better than the one already released, really, really digging the flamethrower and the motion tracker lol.

Montana Smith

S. Dakota Jones said:
Ooo, I would love a ToD Indy. I haven't been able to convince myself to buy the Hot Toys Indy but I do have the SS Raiders Indy.

There's been no more 'news' about the supposed TOD Indy, so don't know whether that was a wind-up or not.

S. Dakota Jones said:
I do like those Ripleys(Riplei? lol), and the sculpt on the powerloader version looks better than the one already released, really, really digging the flamethrower and the motion tracker lol.

At the Ani-Com show in Hong Kong, which was running the same time as SDCC, they revealed a better sculpt for Ripley:

14072513186e434374a03324cc.jpg

10516612_1458615934394491_41622172020646651_n.jpg

S. Dakota Jones

Montana Smith said:
There's been no more 'news' about the supposed TOD Indy, so don't know whether that was a wind-up or not.

At the Ani-Com show in Hong Kong, which was running the same time as SDCC, they revealed a better sculpt for Ripley:

14072513186e434374a03324cc.jpg

10516612_1458615934394491_41622172020646651_n.jpg

No wind up, but just hearing an unfounded rumor helps keep my wallet in my pocket when it concerns buying the Hot Toys Indy ;).

Man that sculpt does look better. Licsensing rights aside, some of the Marine sculpts as well as Ripley's "Aliens" sculpt were downright horrid.

Montana Smith

As I thought, there were no Indiana Jones exclusives or any related merchandise debuted at SDCC 2014.

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=555701&postcount=1590

Zero official promotion of TOD's 30th anniversary doesn't give much hope for those waiting for Indy 5.

Star Wars films will be hogging the limelight for the foreseable future.

Even the Indy panel was just a fan gig.

July 26th: ?The World of Indiana Jones? (3:00 p.m., Room 29A) Indyfans? Brandon Kleyla and other panelist host a discussion of the ?Indiana Jones? franchise and ?Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?s? 30th anniversary.