Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Paden

I think that ToJ is correct: Lucas is an outstanding creator, or an "idea man", if you will. Lucas has a gift for envisioning the kind of cinematic sagas that will capture the imagination of audiences, but he tends to paint with a broad brush. Executing the finer points of a story, such as character interaction and dialogue, is not his forte. I think that Lucas's films have been of much higher quality when he has allowed other screenwriters, such as Lawrence Kasdan, to flesh out his ideas. When Lucas tries to write his own scripts, the results are often weak. Revenge of the Sith is a fair example: the dialogue in the love scenes came across as stilted. Granted, it wasn't enough to ruin the film for me, but it was noticable. I think if Lucas had allowed an established screenwriter to take a crack at those scenes, they would have been much stronger in the end result.

Jay R. Zay

actually, lucas isn't a genius. he's a little kid with some imaginative and colorful ideas of adventure and love and he gets new technology like CGI and he starts playing around. that's how he makes movies. and he didn't make many and those where spielberg didn't help him aren't worth mentioning. actually, if he wasn't involved in Star Wars and Indiana Jones, nobody would know him. but with these two movies, some people believe that lucas is one of the worlds greatest directors. before they hear of burton, lynch, hitchcock, coppola, de palma, coen, gilliam, ..., the know lucas and spielberg. spielberg probably is the worlds most successful director so knowing him is a reasonable basis for movie education. but who the hell is george lucas? :confused:

INDYfatigable

Yeah the love scenes we weird. they were ok but the dialogue, as you pointed out, did not flow at all. but i still enjoyed the movie greatly

IndyBuff

I heard rumors that Lucas had a "ghost writer" check his script for ROTS, but I'm assuming it's simply a rumor because a professional writer would most likely have changed many of the lines, mostly in the love scenes. I thought the acting was better in this film but some of the love scenes still seemed a bit akward.

Canyon

Woohoo!!! I've got Revenge of the Sith on DVD!

Sometimes, I love being British. :D

Today, I bought the last of the star Wars Saga on DVD, which came out a day earlier than in the States. ;)

I'm off to watch it soon! :whip:

IndyBuff

You're lucky Canyon. I'll be getting my copy tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I'll have some time to watch it this week.

Paden

We're picking up a copy today, but since it's ultimate destination is someone's stocking in December, it won't get watched for a while. :)

IndyBuff

I picked up my copy today after my classes were over. Too bad I have a huge biology exam tomorrow or else I'd watch it tonight.:(

San Holo

The movie is great, and looks even better on my 65 inch T.V. Love that digital transfer.The only thing I didn't like was the commentary. It is complete garbage. During the most important parts of the movie, Lucas is almost snoring, and some tard is going on about Yoda's awsome skin tone.No insight about plot, and very few of Lucas' ideas. What the hell? The deleted scenes were pretty lame too. Where is Anikin's Temple slaughter and fight with Nic Gillard(stunt coordinator)?Also there is a completly different Mace death scene on a hard drive at Lucasfilm. Put that in the deleted scenes instead of Jimmy Smitts.

TombReader

San Holo said:
The movie is great, and looks even better on my 65 inch T.V.

65 inch TV?I hate you.

Not really :p

temple of john said:
Does he just keep spare red sabers around the office?

If I put my nerd hat on,I may be able to answer that one.I think I remember reading somewhere that he did have other sabers and that he kept them hidden in various places,one of which was his office.

San Holo

:sick: :sick: Go to the options menu and press 11 then 3 then 8. Rae, you might like to see this- a Hip Hop, dancing Yoda singing a song by the Roots while clone troopers "chill" in the background. :D

IndyBuff

San Holo said:
:sick: :sick: Go to the options menu and press 11 then 3 then 8. Rae, you might like to see this- a Hip Hop, dancing Yoda singing a song by the Roots while clone troopers "chill" in the background. :D

Are you sure it's not a deleted scene?;)

In all honesty, that's sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info!

San Holo

Indy said:
Are you sure it's not a deleted scene?;)

In all honesty, that's sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info!
Well , what do you think? Gag

IndyBuff

I watched the film the other night and I'll just echo what others have mentioned: it looks and sounds great and I seem to enjoy it more with each viewing. I haven't had the chance to watch the deleted scenes but after hearing about them my interest has been sparked. I'm usually not into a lot of special features and things like that but for Indy and Star Wars they're worth watching.:)