Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Joe Brody

Temple of Doom fans rejoice!!!!

Y'all finally got a prairie-dog-pile-of-dirt film to diss as being the worst film!

Crusade>Raiders

Just look at the username man. The first time I saw the original trilogy, I couldn't shake the feeling that Last Crusade was the best one, even though everyone and their momma thinks Raiders is this unbeatable classic. Well, they are both classics in my mind, but I still think Last Crusade>Raiders. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom aren't at LC/RotLA level, but still great movies.

Crusade>Raiders>Kingdom>Doom

Crusade>Raiders said:
Some people didn't like the light-hearted feel, or the slapstick comedy it had.

Those people are crazy of course

Slapstick? That's nothing compared to KOTCS. That movie is so over the top from the first shot that it never takes itself seriously. Crusade looks like Schindler's List by comparison.

Last edited:

Dust McAlan

jaimanstone said:
I must call shenanigans on you my friend. Last Crusade LAST? While it is truly a matter of opinion I would have to say LC deserves a loftier place than dead last. I would argue that LC has the most heart of any of the films and shows the most human side of Indy. While I think all have their merits, if a gun were placed to my head I would rate as follows:

Raiders
LC
Temple/Kingdom

Disclaimer on Kingdom: not sure yet. I need to see it again before I pass final judgement.
Call shenanigans all you want, sir. That doesn't change the fact that Crusade has less action than Raiders, and less originality as well. Temple, Raiders, Kingdom, Crusade. That's my order and I'm sticking to it. :D

Forrestal1972

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark (It's the daddy! Nothing comes close. This film is not only the perfect Indy film, but the perfect film full stop!)
2. Temple of Doom (For years it was No. 3, but as I got older, Last Crusade became more Juvenile. Doom has a charm of its own that has really started to grow on me over the years.)
3. Last Crusade (Still a great movie. I could watch it happly once a month for the rest of my life. It is a bit on the silly side to rate higher than the previous two above, but that in no way detracts from this masterpiece of mayhem and fun.)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (I didn't care for it. It was Indy-lite. More closely related to Nationjal Treasure or the Mummy films - full of bombastic set pieces with little substance. I know lots of people love this movie and it may very well be No.1 for some, but I was really, really disappointed.)

westford

Raiders, ToD, LC, KotCS.

Don't know if I can force myself to watch Kingdom for a second time - it tried hard to be an Indy film, but missed the mark.

Crusade>Raiders

Well I think you can guess the first two by looking at my name :cool:

1.Last Crusade
2.Raiders of the Lost Ark
3.Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4.Temple of Doom

All great films though.

Crusade>Raiders

Agent Spalko said:
Slapstick? That's nothing compared to KOTCS. That movie is so over the top from the first shot that it never takes itself seriously. Crusade looks like Schindler's List by comparison.

FYI, my post had nothing to do with Kingdom >_>

Gamingboy

While all 4 of them are better then most movies, I'd say I rank them like this:

1. Raiders
2. Crusade
3. Crystal Skulls
4. Temple of Doom

SixKadamHigh

Agent Spalko said:

You gotta be kidding me.

Crusade>Raiders

Agent Spalko said:
You were referring to LC which the slapstick is nothing compared to how over-the-top it is in KOTCS.

I know, but I find it funny that even in a post that doesn't even talk about Kingdom, you still find the need to diss it again. You got like a daily quota to meet?