Next Stop: The 60s?

Gamingboy

This isn't a thread to argue about whether or not a Indy V/Son of Indiana Jones movie should be made, or what the quality of Crystal Skulls was, or anything else other then to wonder what setting a Indyverse movie in the sixties would entail.

Since the original three movies were homages to the great serials and adventure B-movies of the 30's, and KOTCS had the "Commies are evil" and "Aliens are out there" themes of the 50's B-movie in, it is only natural to believe that any movie set in the 60's would be homaging the pop-culture of that era.

And what an era it was. After all, the 60's is the golden age of 007 (and all of his knock-offs), Kaiju attacking Japan, Dr. Strangelove, heist films and drugs, drugs and more drugs. Lots of sex too.

So here's the question: If Indy/Mutt is in the 60's next time, what would be the main thing that would need to be homaged. For some reason, I see it going more towards the Super-spy and heist films homages, with probably a bit of beating up commies (either Russian or Chinese) added in.

The Golden Idol

NO! Indiana Jones in the '60s is so... wrong! :sick:

But if the next movie did take place in that time, Indy would probably be looking for LSD rather than an artifact. ;)

The Golden Idol said:
NO! Indiana Jones in the '60s is so... wrong! :sick:

But if the next movie did take place in that time, Indy would probably be looking for LSD rather than an artifact. ;)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Shroom

Michael24

|ZiR| said:
"Hippies... I hate these guys."

LMAO!!!

It's funny, because for me, the '50s seems a doable era for Indiana Jones, but the idea of Indy in the '60s just seems wrong. I don't know why, considering it's only a few years after KOTCS. If the ball gets rolling on Indy 5 quickly, maybe they could make it 1958 or 1959.

agentsands77

Michael24 said:
If the ball gets rolling on Indy 5 quickly, maybe they could make it 1958 or 1959.
Well, given Lucas' idea about making KINGDOM the start of a whole new trilogy, maybe INDY V could be set in 1959, and then INDY VI in 1961 or so.

It would be fun to see Indy play off of the spy genre a bit.

Michael24

agentsands77 said:
Well, given Lucas' idea about making KINGDOM the start of a whole new trilogy, maybe INDY V could be set in 1959, and then INDY VI in 1961 or so.

It would be fun to see Indy play off of the spy genre a bit.

That does sound interesting. Roger Moore could be the bad guy. LOL!!

bad_dates

Bring back Lao Che and Co. ( But someone new playing Lao Che Since the actors death) And have them go after "The Glory Of The Ten Powers" A chinese legend about a sword that had magical powers. Include the great wall of china and indy whoopin' some ninja butt

Check out the link on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glory_Of_Ten_Powers

INDIANA JONES and the THE GLORY OF THE TEN POWERS

Take that Steve And George!!:cool:

peterlally

The next one will (if involving Mutt) will probably be later in 1957 or maybe 58. If no Mutt we may well see 55/56.

Or.... The Unthinkable...

I am as they say a "Fanboy", for me Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones, but some part of me wouldn't be disapointed if Shia took over the role ala James Bond.