The Indy Cast

indycast

lairdo said:
Yeah, there was an issue with the Forcecast feed (I think). Size limitations. I recompressed, and Ed should be posting a new version shortly.

Anyone who wants the less compressed version should PM me. Happy to provide it in MP3 320 or Apple Lossless.

Sorry about the frustrations.

I am re uploading the file so hopefully it will be up and running soon - if not, I will have another go tomorrow.

Thansk for your patience (and to Laird for reworking the file!)

lairdo

indycast said:
Should be up and running on the website or you can download it directly here:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/tfn/indycast__jw_special6.mp3

Cheers! :)

I am able to download it both from the ForceCast and IndyCast iTunes feeds. Interestingly, the IndyCast one came down as the 134 MB version. The ForceCast came down as the 60 MB one.

The larger file has one key difference (besides being less compressed) - Ron and I are slightly panned off center from each other. In the smaller version, I panned us both center which make the joint stereo compressed file smaller.

Stoo

I've been slowly catching up on the IndyCasts that I missed over the summer and heard Laird say that he went to the Indy exhibit in Montreal.

Laird, when did you go? If you were in my fair city while I was back home in July, I'm going to scream and then give you 10 whip lashes!:whip:

lairdo

Stoo said:
Laird, when did you go?

I went to see the Indy Exhibit in Montreal at the end of August. I fly in late on a Sunday, went to the show first thing Monday and then took off for a meeting in DC at 3 pm. In fact, I probably should have allowed more time to see the exhibit.

Maybe I'll catch it again in Spain?

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 137 is here!

379141_10150414519354489_368306729488_8423564_1260290104_n.jpg

It's our 4th birthday so come celebrate with ILM and the Avengers cast interviews, Indy news, more great emails and your chance to win some Indy swag!

You can listen to the episode here

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Thanks Lairx and Pat, considering the comotion at the NY comic con at Javitts I was surprised there wasn't more background noise. Les was on the fly as he and JW Rinzler was there pushing that $500 Star Wars Blueprints book, I got them as they were leaving. Rinzler had just come in from hosting the Mill Valley Raiders screening and said it went great. But these folks are always pushing Star Wars so it's hard to get them on to Raiders materials. Same with ILM's Hammock, he did any amazing job on Red Tails but they were ushering us put the door as they were setting up a Mark Hamill panel. As much as I love the Wars you have to walk the line on touting their latest product, and try to get onto Indy. Both had NO Indy 5 info. Radio silence on that subject from the Ranch.

lairdo

RaiderMitch said:
Radio silence on that subject from the Ranch.

Yes, that matches my limited insider knowledge. It seems I cannot go to a meeting with people in the Industry and not hear about Star Wars Detours (or whatever the new series will be called). Saw Seth Green at breakfast last week, and he was talking to his group about it. Heard from a composer friend who is working with one of the voice talent on the show. And I know a writer on it.

We just need some of that love to go to Indy!

micsteam

Just a shout to the Indy Cast production co. great job !! I look forward to each cast as I would a new Indy movie !! Love all you guys passion for Indy and associated movies and projects, the cast has a great official sound and quality !! I'm a bit of movie nut from 20's to present. I've been a die hard Indy fan since the first movie in 1981, saw it the 1st weekend it was out, I was told Han Solo was going to be in it so I had to see it (whos' this guy Harrison Ford... I was 8 at the time)!! Sound familiar ?? Hey Mitch were you able to catch up with Fred "Jock" Sorenson at CT Comic Con in August ?? Was he there ?? I know I was going to try and come up from Fla to make it but couldn't and I didn't hear anything about him being there after the weekend.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
micsteam said:
Hey Mitch were you able to catch up with Fred "Jock" Sorenson at CT Comic Con in August ?? Was he there ?? I know I was going to try and come up from Fla to make it but couldn't and I didn't hear anything about him being there after the weekend.

Sadly, the show was the weekend Hurricane Irene slammed the East Coast making travel impossible and Fred had to cancel. I will have a little more conversation from Jock coming up on the show --

Stoo

indycast said:
It's our 4th birthday so come celebrate with ILM and the Avengers cast interviews, Indy news, more great emails and your chance to win some Indy swag!
@Ed: I really don't understand why 2 of the 3 Avengers cast interviews were included. Only one of them had anything to do with Indiana Jones.:confused:

@Mitchie-poo: "Kart blonk"?:confused: You're such a Yank!:p It's "carte blanche" (Next time, say: "blonsh"). The Les Dilley and Craig Hammack interviews were good but you deserve a ribbing for the Avengers portion. The only question to one the Avengers guys was 'which American historical figure he would like to play'?:confused: Anyway, thanks for getting the Indy-related interviews.

@Joey & Keithster: Good segment.:) I never imagined that I would hear such an in-depth analysis on "Further Adventures" #3. Looking forward to hear you guys discuss 7-8 and 11-12!

@Robbie-poo: It's sad that "Mystery of the Blues" won the poll for favourite Yound Indy episode. Something tells me that it only came out on top because Harrison Ford is in it for less than 4 minutes.:rolleyes:

@Paddy-poo: You were missed.:(

Happy Anniversary to the Indy Cast! Keep up the great work, Ed & Gang.(y)

Thanks Stoo, Mother Nature conspired against me, but next show should be a good one!

If you remember/enjoyed the "cameo" by IBM Super Computer Watson in March you might be interested in next episode's cameo by "his" "girlfriend".

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo, I was going to ask Clark Gregg what is like to play Edison assistant and help Young Indy and Nancy save the day back on YIJ, but when you are in a press line with 20 reporters and the press agents keep pulling them a long and say "make it quick", "make it quick" you just get what you can... and as any red-blooded, two-fisted, John Wayne, pickup driving American will tell you.. it's the rest of the world that talks funny.. its cart blank here :)

Stoo

RaiderMitch said:
Stoo, I was going to ask Clark Gregg what is like to play Edison assistant and help Young Indy and Nancy save the day back on YIJ, but when you are in a press line with 20 reporters and the press agents keep pulling them a long and say "make it quick", "make it quick" you just get what you can...
Too bad it was rushed.:( After Ed mentioned the Young Indy connection, I was anxious to hear about it. (Now I just need to find him in the Tommy Edison episode.)

I wonder if Clark Gregg would ever want to play Gandhi, Sadat or Mao Tse-tung?
RaiderMitch said:
...and as any red-blooded, two-fisted, John Wayne, pickup driving American will tell you.. it's the rest of the world that talks funny.. its cart blank here :)
Heh heh. Mitch, you forgot "Springsteen-loving".:D While you definitely have the gift for gab, say "blonsh" next time and you'll sound even more sophisticated.:)

P.S. Please know that I'm just ribbing you in good fun.
P.P.S. Ed referred to the ILM interviewee as Craig Hammond but his name is Hammack, right?

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Funny you should mention Springsteen loving as i drove by his house yesterday as I was in Red Bank NJ for the taping of Kevin Smith's new TV show "Secret Stash". It was a Star Wars episode about Lightsaber props but we were talking Raiders and blu-rays. The show airs in February after Walking Dead on AMC

I did hear from Lucasfilm today but it was not about the releases or indy 5 but rather the new social network game and interviewing the developers. I was going to buzz Pat but didn't have time still trying to get my brotherhood membership.

And yes it is Hammack

And as far as the love from you and the Raveners. I feel it. Really I do.

Stoo

RaiderMitch said:
Funny you should mention Springsteen loving as i drove by his house yesterday as I was in Red Bank NJ for the taping of Kevin Smith's new TV show "Secret Stash". It was a Star Wars episode about Lightsaber props but we were talking Raiders and blu-rays. The show airs in February after Walking Dead on AMC.
You talked to Kevin Smith about "Raiders"? Cool!(y)
RaiderMitch said:
I was going to buzz Pat but didn't have time still trying to get my brotherhood membership.
I'm still trying to get my brotherhood membership, too. (Pat sent me a Cruciform Sword pin so maybe that equates to being an honorary member?:confused:)
RaiderMitch said:
And as far as the love from you and the Raveners. I feel it. Really I do.
Good! Does this mean I can call you "Mitchie-poo" from now on? (It's a play on Witchie-poo from "H.R. Pufnstuf", which I'm sure you know.):)