General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Kernunnos

nitzsche said:
I know what we're talking about. But some are still crying like asinine babies about Shia even being in Indy 4 and now their panties are in a wad over a Mutt series that is only an idea in Lucas' head and far from a reality.

The lesson here is to not cry about imaginary things. Now, step off, son.

Mutt Williams is not worthy of taking centre stage off Indiana Jones.

Since you obviously think he is, I will now place you in a mental box marked: IDIOT, and disregard everything you say in future.

northernsoul

This is hardly a shocker, people have been anticipating this for months... As soon as Shia was attached to the movie things started to seem suss.

Yet it still manages to be shocking. I can't believe he came out and admitted this film could be a stepping stone for more films centred around a whole other character and a whole other actor.

The idea of Harrison 'guest-starring' is even more horrible. I hope he gives George a slap.

drwynn

Salacious said:
I cant wait to read the talkbacks at AICN when they hear about this. This news is the equivalent of AICN finding the fountain of youth.

LOL! GREAT point.

I'm going to preface my next remark by saying what I said previously, I have great respect for George Lucas and I admire him and his accomplishments greatly. I actually enjoyed the "Star Wars" prequels (for the most part) despite all of their flaws...so...no, I'm not a Lucas "hater".

But...sometimes I think George Lucas might be borderline BiPolar Disorder. Of course, a lot of people will attack me for saying this...and, no, I don't have any psychiatric credentials or training...so, I'm not being entirely serious when I say that. But, like I said before, sometimes some of what Lucas says and does comes off as classic bipolar disorder behavior. I'm familiar with the symptoms because three people I love dearly have been diagnosed with the condition.

So, whoever wants to can proceed to bash me and my comment all they want. I'm not trying to come off as condescending or haughty or arrogant. Just an observation on my part.

The Man

Adamwankenobi said:
I'm part of that rare breed. I own the Ewok movies, the Droids and Ewok cartoons, and multiple copies of the holiday special. What can I say, I love spin-offs and side stories. (y)

Hey, I found a great amount to admire in The Stars Wars Prequels, so I'm not an automatic Lucas-basher, but I hate and dread the possibility of Harrison Ford essentially playing Sean Connery in the next Indy movie.

OmegaSeamaster

Somebody take out a contract on the flanneled one before he does any more damage.

Shia as the lead and Indy as the sidekick...ugh. Let the series die with grace, which it did with Last Crusade.

It's already a tall order for Indy 4 to live up to the hype thanks to "aliens" so the guy should just know when enough is enough. My hope is that Indy 4 is great and then it's over.

He already took a dump all over Star Wars.

Salacious

I was a big defender of George until I heard this.

Having a spin off series off the adventures of Mutt :sick: :sick: :sick: Williams is just for money.

As I said, I now hope Indy 4 bombs so Lucas can finish killing Star Wars off.

tnswman

Agent Spalko said:
And that's why I won't be going to see them. Indy just died for me. They might as well have killed him off in Indy 4. :gun: :dead:

so, at last.....Please tell us you are standing behind your anger and boycotting Indy 4...Come on..Show us those B@lls you keep talking about.

I'm all for ANYTHING that keeps the Indy franchise alive.

The Man

shia_labeouf-743887.jpg

The heir to cinema's greatest hero.

Grizzlor

I don't know how you call a movie Indiana Jones and the (fill in the blank) without having Indiana Jones as the principle character? Oh wait, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. Yikes. I would also say that anything Lucas has done with regards to Indiana Jones, that didn't star Harrison, has flopped.

Maybe he was just kidding, or throwing it out there.

nitzsche

I don't know if the Mutt Williams character is going to be strong enough to carry a spin-off series. Lucas seems to think so, I can't say one way or the other though.

From what I know of the Mutt character, he has been established with all sorts of educational background, prowess and abilities to become a central figure in his own series. That much is so obvious.

Harrison playing Indy in a Mutt Williams vehicle is simply an idea Lucas mentioned. It's far from a reality. More than likely, it won't happen and Shia will just get his own series.

But he will always be the son of Indiana Jones and there's absolutely no way a Mutt Williams spin-off movie won't make that a plot point.

Mutt Williams, son of Indiana Jones. Canon.

A_True_Believer

Folks, I know we all have really strong opinions about this issue, but could we please refrain from personal attacks? Name-calling is not necessary. Debate can be fun if you respect everyone's opinion. You don't have to agree with it; just respect it.

Henry Jones Sr. would not approve.(n)

tnswman

Salacious said:
I cant wait to read the talkbacks at AICN when they hear about this. This news is the equivalent of AICN finding the fountain of youth. :whip:

why would you read that Nerd trash...seriously..can you imagine the litteral life loosers that sit there bashing each other in between masturb@ting to that japanese animation stuff..yea buddy, that's the folks I care to hear the thoughts of.

Heck, Look at Harry himself...Talk about a Jabba Toad.....What a tool.

The Man

I just had a horrible, distressing thought...

They'll essentially remake Raiders, set in the 60's, but this time with Mutt charged with protecting the Ark Of The Covenant.

drwynn

Salacious said:
Having a spin off series of the adventures of Mutt Williams is just for money.

Funny you should mention that; did anyone see "Good Morning America" this morning? They had an interview with Spielberg, Lucas, Ford, and LaBeouf. The host asked each of them to name their favorite moment/s from the original Indiana Jones trilogy. LaBeouf said he was fond of the character introductions, mainly because of their gravitas. To which Lucas responded;

"What he [Shia] is that he can't quite remember it [his favorite moment]. But, the new DVD's are coming out this week. You can get them in a three-pack and review them all."

In my opinion, Lucas probably wasn't being totally serious when he said this...he was probably having a little fun at the expense of both Shia and the host. But, this is the sort of thing I'm talking about. His attitude towards the fans that have basically put him where he is is so confusing. It's like he just likes to thumb his nose at them sometimes...and give fuel to the perceptions that he's no longer a "filmmaker" and now merely some sort of money hungry sadist.

Again...I'm not tryin to hate on the man. Just making an observation...

nitzsche

Adamwankenobi said:
That's because the general public is shallow.

Pretty much.

My kids love YIJC as much as the movie franchise. I'm delighted to sit on the couch and simply watch their reaction to this series. It's a wonderful series.

G-Man

Anyone think this is Lucas doing some press/fanboy baiting? He's pretty internet savvy after all.

But if he's being genuine, it fills me with dread, even though it's what we've all been expecting since his casting...

I don't agree that it will be Mutt Williams and... it's gonna be marketed as Indiana Jones, no way they're gonna lose that name from the title, with all the cache it carries, plus since Mutt is actually Indy's son and he's really called Henry, that would make him Henry Jones III, as I guess he'll be known by the end of Kingdom...

I don't dislike Shia, in fact I really think he's pretty good, I'm happy for him to go off on his own adventures but not with Indy by his side. Keep them separate. It just smacks of all those crappy Straight to video sequels that bring back one or two cast members, and relegate them to a 10 min cameo...

Adamwankenobi

nitzsche said:
Pretty much.

My kids love YIJC as much as the movie franchise. I'm delighted to sit on the couch and simply watch their reaction to this series. It's a wonderful series.

That's awesome. It's always nice to hear that memebers of the younger generation (or anyone for that matter) are able to enjoy the YIJC. :) :hat: