The Indycron

Stoo

Rocket, I was PMed about the interview. As for how it was conducted, I'll leave Mr. Moe to answer but the brevity of the replies do seem like text messaging.

Found this from something you posted in the thread: What's canon? (Personally, the thread is uncormfortable to read because it's from a time when you and I were fighting.):eek:

Do cut scenes, like Old Indy, get the same treatment as disowned Star Wars scenes?
I've never been told to treat the Old Indy material as non-continuity. Like Star Wars, we'd treat everything case-by-case.

Stoo said:
Found this from something you posted in the thread: What's canon? (Personally, the thread is uncormfortable to read because it's from a time when you and I were fighting.):eek:

Oh, I remember, and the fact that we can disagree, hurling barbs, and not let it poison other discussions is a quality I appreciate.

There are few who could engage likewise and less who would regard it as as opportunity. Hell I got to know you pretty well back there and it was fun to read!:hat:

WOW! On second thought, I apologize!:eek: Just checked out that link, c'est la vie...

You're braver than I thought. Though I had to laugh when I called you Jan Brady!(y)

I have to say,(on the advice of Atilla I believe), I have settled down a bit, but the horns do show up now and again.

Last edited:

Lao_Che

Indycron questions link for anyone interested.

Stoo said:
As for how it was conducted, I'll leave Mr. Moe to answer but the brevity of the replies do seem like text messaging.

Yes. ;)

Would be nice if there's another. There's a few things I'd like to know regarding the Ultimate Guide and Lost Journal dates, and whether the Indycron's complete with no new stories on the horizon. :dead:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to click on the photo to see the rest of it. Leland twittered Gilles, "Thanks for giving me the excuse to take that picture!"

I gave Stoo a heads up before submitting the interview... in February. It had to pass through all the proper channels, but Leland still answered everything. I avoided questions already addressed in interviews and the "Indycron continuity database questions" Star Wars thread, which remains open.

I have my own unanswered questions, but they may be more suited to some other twitterer... (Don't read too much into that.)

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
I joined the Star Wars boards because he posted answers to Indy questions there...(a long time ago), and inhopes of getting an interview for the Indy Cast.
See below.
Rocket Surgeon said:
WOW! On second thought, I apologize!:eek: Just checked out that link, c'est la vie...

You're braver than I thought. Though I had to laugh when I called you Jan Brady!(y).
Don't worry. I laughed at the "Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!" comment even back then!:D It was after that I knew we'd make good buddies.:cool: In that thread, I also knocked Mr. Chee so (if I'm right) for another entry into the embarassment category: See below.
Rocket Surgeon said:
I have to say,(on the advice of Atilla I believe), I have settled down a bit, but the horns do show up now and again.
You've got horns and I've got fangs (Hi, Doc.;))
Lao Che said:
Would be nice if there's another. There's a few things I'd like to know regarding the Ultimate Guide and Lost Journal dates, and whether the Indycron's complete with no new stories on the horizon.:dead:
O.K., Lao. I've had my suspicions for awhile but am pretty positive that YOU ARE MR. LELAND CHEE! Positive enough to say, "The jig is up!":p:whip:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
(Personally, the thread is uncormfortable to read because it's from a time when you and I were fighting.)

Rocket Surgeon said:
Oh, I remember, and the fact that we can disagree, hurling barbs, and not let it poison other discussions is a quality I appreciate.

There are few who could engage likewise and less who would regard it as as opportunity. Hell I got to know you pretty well back there and it was fun to read!

I just read that thread to find out what all the fun was about. The point at which it kicked off was a few months before I joined.

It's not often you get riled, Stoo! And Rocket, we've had our disagreements, but they were always entertaining and educational (especially when it came to culinary matters!)

:hat: to the both of you!

Stoo

DocWhiskey said:
Haha. Tip of the hat :hat:
:hat:
Le Saboteur said:
A more appropriate title: The Jones Athenæum.
Good one, Sab. There were some more suggestions in the other thread, too. How about: The Indy Athenæum? Rolls a little better but considering the thing is Leland's private cache, he can call it whatever he wants, no matter what I (or anyone else) thinks about the name. (It's too "tech" sounding, though!:sick:)
Montana Smith said:
:hat: to the both of you!
I could point you to an earlier discourse between Rocket & I which is much worse...but I won't.:p

Anyway, looking forward to a reply from Lao Che because I'm almost certain he is Leland Chee...:D

Lao_Che

Stoo said:
Anyway, looking forward to a reply from Lao Che because I'm almost certain he is Leland Chee...:D

I would think it unlikely.

I'd never let Indy and Marion be in 1925. ;)

Stoo

Lao_Che said:
I would think it unlikely.
Not me. I still stand by my convictions re: You are Leland Chee. If you don't want to 'fess up for professional puposes, then I can understand the denial but there's much evidence to suggest otherwise.;) If I'm wrong, then I'll eat my hat (or rather, my helmet)!:eek::p If you're not Leland Chee, then you'd certainly qualify to take his place. Ha ha.
Lao_Che said:
I'd never let Indy and Marion be in 1925. ;)
:confused: What's the problem with the date? What are you referring to here? Please elaborate, Lao.

Lao_Che

Stoo said:
:confused: What's the problem with the date? What are you referring to here? Please elaborate, Lao.

Ultimate Guide has Indy and Marion spending Spring to Autumn 1925 together. Which is fine in and of itself but that's the same year Indy meets his first wife (in Summer 1925) Deirdre Campbell who he's with through to 1926 when he marries her and she's killed in a plane crash.

Lao_Che in "Is Indy a "Family hero" and a good role model for kids?" thread sez said:
As far as the Ultimate Guide goes, Marion's 15 going on 16 when she's with Indy. So it can still be wrong and he know it. ;) Marion born March 1909. Marion and Indy are together Spring 1925 - Autumn 1925.

Of course, taking in the larger continuity, at this time (Summer 1925) Indy is building a relationship with future first wife Deirdre Campbell. That's wrong and he'd know it. :p

Montana Smith said:
It's not often you get riled, Stoo! And Rocket, we've had our disagreements, but they were always entertaining and educational (especially when it came to culinary matters!)
You never know where the day will take you, and some days it's a ride on a mine cart.:sick:
Are my metaphors THAT food-centric? I mean, we all eat, so it's like the weather in respects to being common! It never occured to me that they dominate...
Stoo said:
I could point you to an earlier discourse between Rocket & I which is much worse...but I won't.:p
Aw, come on! I've forgotten THAT stuff, (which one?):confused: (y)
Stoo said:
Excellent work Monsieur Perrier! Yes! Man who argue with cow on wall is like train without wheels: very soon get nowhere...;)

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
You never know where the day will take you, and some days it's a ride on a mine cart.:sick:

I know that feeling well. :D

Rocket Surgeon said:
Are my metaphors THAT food-centric? I mean, we all eat, so it's like the weather in respects to being common! It never occured to me that they dominate...

I remember the "trip" to Farmer Maggot's mushroom patch, and there was one before which triggered the mushrooms! And I tempted you into a cheese analogy recently!

Like I said, always entertaining! (y)

Rocket Surgeon said:
Aw, come on! I've forgotten THAT stuff, (which one?):confused: (y)

Haha! There was more than one?

Rocket Surgeon said:
Excellent work Monsieur Perrier! Yes! Man who argue with cow on wall is like train without wheels: very soon get nowhere...;)

If he wrong he get eat own helmet. Neat trick. Maybe best for 'nother type web site? :sick:

Stoo

Lao_Che said:
Ultimate Guide has Indy and Marion spending Spring to Autumn 1925 together. Which is fine in and of itself but that's the same year Indy meets his first wife (in Summer 1925) Deirdre Campbell who he's with through to 1926 when he marries her and she's killed in a plane crash.
O.K. I see what you're getting at and agree with you on that conflict of dates, however, I was under the impression that James Luceno wrote the timeline in the "Ultimate Guide" himself even though you/Leland might have provided some input as he thanks you/Leland twice at the end of the book. Let's hope to G_d that Leland Chee did NOT write that timeline!
Rocket Surgeon said:
Aw, come on! I've forgotten THAT stuff, (which one?):confused:(y)
While it would be easy to go and motion you in the right direction, I'll stop and not motion you anywhere.;) This thread is about The CRON, man!:whip:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Excellent work Monsieur Perrier! Yes! Man who argue with cow on wall is like train without wheels: very soon get nowhere...
Shall I list the reasons why I think so or would exposing a Lucasfilm mole be considered an internet/Raven faux-pas?
Montana Smith said:
If he wrong he get eat own helmet. Neat trick. Maybe best for 'nother type web site?:sick:
Well, it's made out of cork so it is, somewhat, do-able.:eek: Plus, I have two of them so the real problem would be: Which one I'd want to keep VS. which one is tastier!:p

Last edited:

Lao_Che

Stoo said:
O.K. I see what you're getting at and agree with you on that conflict of dates, however, I was under the impression that James Luceno wrote the timeline in the "Ultimate Guide" himself even though you/Leland might have provided some input as he thanks you/Leland twice at the end of the book. Let's hope to G_d that Leland Chee did NOT write that timeline!

Wired said:
The Keeper of the Holocron takes this very seriously: "Someone has to be able to say, 'Luke Skywalker would not have that color of lightsaber.'"

I think it's an Indiana Jones isn't Star Wars agenda. ;)

----

Stoo said:
Shall I list the reasons why I think so or would exposing a Lucasfilm mole be considered an internet/Raven faux-pas?

I'm interested in the reasons myself. :p

Stoo

Lao_Che said:
I'm interested in the reasons myself. :p
I'll bet you are!:p Since you are so well versed in information about Leland Chee, do you know when he started to assemble the "Indycron"?:confused:

Re: The "Wired" article. Which issue was that and can if be found on-line anywhere?

Stoo

Ha ha!:D While I wouldn't want to be known as the "thread librarian", I do remember which interesting topics have been discussed and where they can be found.:eek:

I could have done a search but figured I'd ask you directly. Leland's work interests me but you, Lao_Che, seem to be much more knowledgable/fascinated with Mr. Chee than I am.:whip:

P.S. I wanted to ask you about when it started but didn't submit my questions in time.:(

"Sometimes continuity be damned...somethings are just cool." Kasdan wrote himself that among the loose ends left in Raiders was that Abner could still be alive...