I see this forum is now part of "The Films"!

Avilos

Notice how all the forums have been rearranged? The Young Indiana Jones Forum now is grouped equally with the films. Its about damn time! I kid! I approve! (y)

Last edited:

Perhilion

Or maybe the mods just decided, "Screw it" and put it into the film section for the sake of organization and to stop the "Is it canon??!" threads. Nah, just kidding, congratulations...or whatever. I never liked the series much.

Avilos

Perhilion said:
Or maybe the mods just decided, "Screw it" and put it into the film section for the sake of organization and to stop the "Is it canon??!" threads. Nah, just kidding, congratulations...or whatever. I never liked the series much.

Thank You for your useless comment! Your are the Man! (y)

UltimateManGod

Perhilion said:

The amazing thing is, Lucasfilm has an official canon stance. When it's come up, I've posted links. Now, what you prefer is entirely different, but officially, the movies, books, TV show, etc. are canon. It's that simple. Just different levels. It was relatively simple, until that stupid TV canon was invented. Stildon't know how tha works. I think that's because no one really knows. I'm not sure.

Michael24

I always figured that Indy canon was the same as Star Wars canon, the way Steve Sansweet described it: "Basically, everything's canon, unless George Lucas says otherwise in the context of the movies." :)

Avilos

Whatever "Lucasfilm" says there is no doubt that George Lucas himself views the series as Canon. Seeing Harrison Ford, the Original Movie Indiana Jones, describe how he met Pancho Villa reaffirmed this. Not just a name drop either but actually describing the plot!

Also the way in which Indy warns Mutt to appreciate his mother while she is around. Clearly a reference to Anna Jones early death. Sure his mother's absence in 1912 was established in TLC. But we never saw Indy's emotional reaction to her death. But it clearly effected him his whole life. His life long trouble with women is likely due to the fact he lost the strongest female figure in his life early. He has major abandonment issues. That scene with Harrison Ford was completely consistent with the character that Sean Patrick Flannery played.

Last edited:

UltimateManGod

Michael24 said:
I always figured that Indy canon was the same as Star Wars canon, the way Steve Sansweet described it: "Basically, everything's canon, unless George Lucas says otherwise in the context of the movies." :)

That is the perfect way of saying it. Mine was much more confusing.

No Ticket

I never thought it's exclusion from the "films" category meant it wasn't canon. I thought it meant it technically wasn't a feature film. It's a television series.

Avilos

I was being sarcastic in my first post. I assume they added it to the top 3 forums because the 2 KotCS forums have been merged. I was not looking to start a Canon debate. Its just nice to see the forum with the films. (y)

Adamwankenobi

Avilos said:
Whatever "Lucasfilm" says there is no doubt that George Lucas himself views the series as Canon. Seeing Harrison Ford, the Original Movie Indiana Jones, describe how he met Pancho Villa reaffirmed this. Not just a name drop either but actually describing the plot!

Also the way in which Indy warns Mutt to appreciate his mother while she is around. Clearly a reference to Anna Jones early death. Sure his mother's absence in 1912 was established in TLC. But we never saw Indy's emotional reaction to her death. But it clearly effected him his whole life. His life long trouble with women is likely due to the fact he lost the strongest female figure in his life early. He has major abandonment issues. That scene with Harrison Ford was completely consistent with the character that Sean Patrick Flannery played.

Very true. :hat: And it seems now that KOTCS has been released, it's become the new whipping boy for haters, replacing both YIJC and the Star Wars prequels. :eek:

Crack that whip

Er, wait, I'm confused - nothing new there, but still... :eek:

Avilos, did you not see this TYIJC forum as part of The Films before? It's been part of The Films since at least a while before I signed up; the only recent change I've noticed is the merging of the spoiler and non-spoiler "Indiana Jones IV" forums...

Michael24

Yeah, I was also wondering about that. I thought it had always been under "The Films," but it just looked odd at first after the "Spoiler" and "Non-Spoiler" sections for KOTCS had been merged.

Avilos

Was it???? :eek:

Sorry I been fighting a cold all week. I been on a lot of medication ....
I been a little off lately.... It also explains why I've been a bit a a wise ass on this site! ;)

Last edited:

Avilos

tupogirl said:
Feel better:).

Thank you!

I been feeling better the last day or so! Not only did I have a cold but slipped and fell in my bath room. I hurt my arm and had to miss two days of work!

Last edited: