Harrison Ford 80 and still beating Nazis up!

Patrick

Hey...I just thought of something... You know how digital artists (I'll call them that) are able to make to make digital actors right? Well in a couple of years they might be able to put Bogart in new movies! and all they need is a voice or voice from previous movies to do this. That means When Harrison Ford says "Yeah my bones are killing me from punching nazis" That means they can draw 3D pictures of him and put him in like so many more Indiana Jones movies!!?! Of course this would take longer but it would be worth it to see another Indy. What do you guys think. HF and HB would make a great team don't you think? The 2 greatest actors ever.

wolfgang

I've thought about that ans I personally think is an imoral thing to do...if they are even planning on doing it!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well...it just doesn't sound right. Sacrilegious maybe. I believe there was a movie made about this concept a couple years back...Simone, it may have been called...

Pale Horse

Staff member
I dated a symone once. WOW. s1m0ne came out in 2002. Pretty much a flop, but occasional eye candy for some.

FordFan

That'd be really weird though to hear Humphrey Bogart say "motherf*cker" or something. It would come to that, you know. I think it'd be really bizarre. Because in today's cinema, you have profanity coming from all players involved basically.

Or Gary Cooper saying "sh*thead". That'd be incredibly weird. Or Jimmy Stewart so much as saying "ass" would be beyond the realm of weird.

Patrick

Well I meant when Harrison Ford is long past being a senior he could still be Indy in the 30s.Yeah it would be kinda unright but I'd like to see movies in the future that are good like Humprhey and Harrison movies with them as the stars instead of the fast and furious 16 or just even more dumb Bruce Willis action movies that aren't even true where stuff blows up all the time.It would still be Harrison Ford talking. Like it would sort of be an amazingly drawn cartoon... Like if they animated a comic book. Hey no one said making Indy games and comics was sacreligious.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I do not like the idea. Let Harrison himself to play Indy without any digital editing. Only way Indy could be digitally presented is in computer games.

Patrick

So you guys don't think they should use Digital art to put Indy back in the 30s again with Harrison Ford doing his voice in about 15 years from now eventhough the script was worthy of the the already made Indiana Jones films? I'm not saying take out all the actors... Just like try to make Harrison Ford to like digitally make him look a bit more like he was in his 40s or 50s ( Not that there's anything with being 76... But that doesn't sound right to do that cause that wouldn't put too much character in the movie would it) just so they could have a good movie? I probably wouldn't want to see a movie with digital actors but for an Indy movie WITH Harrison Ford playing the part... I would have to ask Harrison Ford what he felt about having a cartoon playing him while he was voicing the character. No matter what anyone said if they were going to do this than I would be behind it 100% and you couldn't stop me from that... But if Harrison said "I don't like that... If I'm too old to play the part by myself than there shouldn't be a new one..." Then I would regret ever posting this thread.
If they made a cartoon though and Harrison Ford didn't say
"I will beat them up and after that I will kill them both.
That is my part and no one can play that part but me." And if HE does the acting then I would love the movie if it was good as the last 3(4 by that time) I would embrace it. But,
I it was NOT voiced by Harrison and Ford had nothing to do with the film you could find me out on the streets boycotting it( especially if the rights of the movie was bought and GL and SS didn't do anything for the film. Aw I DON'T even want to talk about it) The character of a film is most important though. If this movie was made just to make money than don't make it. If it isn't made the same way as the other ones were made unless everyone is cool with it being made differently. If they were GOING to do this and HF,GL and SS, I think they should create a poll.
People who believe they could make a good movie would vote yes if they thought it would have "Indy feel" and the others would vote yes or no if they thought they might ruin the whole movie. I WOULD ONLY VOTE YES IF HF,GL and SS WERE DOING IT.

bob

I could see this technique working for ads and cameos maybe but i dont think for the considerable future they will be able to realisticly replicate an action hero movie.

FordFan

I think Harrison Ford voicing an Indiana Jones is too much. It's like he's milking the character for all Indy's worth.

4 movies is enough. A 5th, okay, but not a cartoon. I always wanted to see Harrison voice a cartoon, but not Bob the Builder (Which was a rumor) or Indy.

Patrick

Well I didn't mean a "Cartoon" I meant like...well... Like a realistic cartoon. Like there was a sitcom with this I think a witch? Who had a doll that was played by a man that was like 22 and looked like he was 8 ( I can't remember what made him this small but it's kinda sad. Well at least he had a good life as a movie star.) And he died of heart trouble and they were able to digitally remake him and end his role in the series. I can't see what is wrong with Ford doing a "cartoon" though. I think that would be cool. They should've done something like that for kids and made better plots for YIJ.

FAN

Hey guy's,
I am utterly against Indy being digital.Patrick I think you underestament the effect's of theatrical make-up.I think alot of you under estimate Harrison Ford's physical ability because he's sixty. Trust me he will be able to take up the role of Indy, without digital technology. Digital technology would ruin Indy IV, I think that the new star wars trilogy have lost some of there magic due to the fact that there was so much digital technology in it. People loved the orriginal Indy and Star War's serie's without all this digital technology, most people don't realize that the scar's Luke Skywalker had in the Empire Strikes Back were real, Mark Hamil got into a car crash before they started filming the second film in star war's, I mean the people who rescued him didn't realize who he was because he was so badly scarred and injured. If he could reprise his role of Luke Skywalker after that, I think Harrison Ford who has stared in lots of movie's between the Last Crusade, can still pull of his role of Indy without any digital technology. FAN

Patrick

I'M NOT SAYING THAT HARRISON FORD IS TOO OLD TO PLAY INDY!!!!!! ARE YOU READING WHAT I'M WRITING DOWN OTHER THAN HAVING A DIGITAL INDY!?!?!I AM SAYING IN 15 YEARS FROM NOW HAVING A ANIMATION/MOVIE THING! NOT LIKE INSTEAD OF REPLACING HARRISON FORD FOR A DIGITAL PICTURE( man that word's getting annoying) YEAH IT WOULD TAKE AWAY SOME OF THE CHARACTER BUT IF HARRISON FORD WAS PART OF IT I WOULD LIKE IT. IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE ALL LOOKING THROUGH MY WINDOWS WAITING FOR ME TO BECOME VURNABLE SO THEN YOU CAN BEAT ME UP FOR SUGGESTING I MIGHT LIKE THE IDEA AS INDY BEING DIGITAL!!!!! So before posting up another post about how I'm underestimating Harrison Ford's strength and that he can do a fourth one BECAUSE I KNOW!!

*sorry*

Patrick

well I think that if people didn't like the Star wars episodes that just came out and people aren't in favour of DJ than why are they in favour of Indiana Jones 4? I can't see them making the Indy 4 with out computer graphics if the have spectacular scenes like stuff blowing up. So is it just not having you're favourite actor actually being videod or is it the whole computer generation thing. I think I have upsetted all of you. I was pretty sure there was someone in favour of it. Something about spectacular news thread. Indy 1-6 made with digital stuff. And yeah you're right you can make people look 20 years younger. So why are they putting Indy 4 then? Harrison Ford still looks like he's only forty on some interviews. Well?

Patrick

Um we might as well have 15 posts so you guys will more likely read this...yeah. I will tell you I am not actually In favour of this. I just wanted to see what people would think if I put up a bunch of exclamations up. Is anyone here like the matrix films about half as much as indy ( That means you know almost all the storyline and own the Animatrix DVDs or you think it's sacrelegious) I would like to know what you think about that and how it is different than Indy since Indy has "THE INDY FEEL" or if you didn't like the Animatrix ( because Keaunu wasn't in it or a cartoon was immoral)Thanks. Oh yeah Is there anyone agreeing with if HF and friends were cool with it would you like it? People aren't in favour of Indy 4 because it is going to be set in the 50s and others because they might ruin it with overusage of digital graphics. Hey yeah... Indiana Jones might have 3 more adventures after this with stage make up. After all Harrison Ford isn't that old. And Sir Connery just made LXG in his 70s where If I saw him on the streets and didn't know him, I would assume him to be 50. Thanks Fan for pointing that out. I COMPLETELY ( no caps lock wasn't on) FORGOT ABOUT THAT! And I DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE HIS ABILITIES AT ALL. GO HARRI!!!! I think it's time I put this thread on the General page though. The whole thing was off topic in the first place. Oh well I'll just leave it here (you can't move it anyways can you)

Thanks for reading my long posts

FAN

Relax Patrick,
We like to argue at the Raven Bar, I have got into some real arguments with people here, and I have even left a thread because we argued so much, but we still agree on other thing's. As for why Indy IV? That's easy, they have been planning to make Indy IV since 1994, and that was only a few years after the Last Crusade, but for what ever reason they havent even got a script approved till a few months ago. They won't start filming till next year. FAN

FAN

Keep posting Patrick, and read around. Youll find out alot by reading differant threads. FAN

Barryson Ford

Patrick said:
Hey...I just thought of something... You know how digital artists (I'll call them that) are able to make to make digital actors right? Well in a couple of years they might be able to put Bogart in new movies! and all they need is a voice or voice from previous movies to do this. That means When Harrison Ford says "Yeah my bones are killing me from punching nazis" That means they can draw 3D pictures of him and put him in like so many more Indiana Jones movies!!?! Of course this would take longer but it would be worth it to see another Indy. What do you guys think. HF and HB would make a great team don't you think? The 2 greatest actors ever.

Well i'm openminded and technology will certainly evolve up to a point where it will be perfecty possible to create an 'cgi animated Ford' which looks just like he did when he made Raiders.

Can it happen ?
Absolutely , a decade from now.
Will it happen ?
No , interestingly enough Ford actually once made a comment voicing his concern over this issue.
Apparently during What Lies Beneath they made a cgi animated Ford for some stunt and Ford didn't like the concept at all.

Another thing is that almost no one of today's audience knows about the classic moviestars so there would be absolutely no point of recreating them digitally.

FAN

Barryson Ford, I think Patrick has already been laid into enough on this subject. Leave the pour guy alone now, I think he got our point. FAN