Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #176
tupogirl
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
Imagine if the series would have had an entire episode devoted to Old Indy's life. They could have had him meet Bill Clinton (since the series takes place in the early 90s). Old Indy could have given Clinton some tips on the saxophone.

ROTFLMBO!!!! That would have been awesome. How bout when grunge got big? The Wall in Germany came down? (And when it went up, though that's a farther jump back in time.)
tupogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #177
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupogirl
ROTFLMBO!!!! That would have been awesome. How bout when grunge got big? The Wall in Germany came down? (And when it went up, though that's a farther jump back in time.)

Maybe there would be a scene where Spike walks in the door:

Old Indy: "Hi Spike! How was the concert?"

Spike: "It was cool."

Old Indy: "Now who was it you went to see? Uh... um-"

Spike: "Nirvana, grandpa."

Old Indy: "Hmm. Nirvana. That reminds me of the time I was in Benares, in 1910..."
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #178
tupogirl
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
Maybe there would be a scene where Spike walks in the door:

Old Indy: "Hi Spike! How was the concert?"

Spike: "It was cool."

Old Indy: "Now who was it you went to see? Uh... um-"

Spike: "Nirvana, grandpa."

Old Indy: "Hmm. Nirvana. That reminds me of the time I was in Benares, in 1910..."

BWAHAHAHA!!! Oh my gosh, that would have been *so* perfect.

Or when emo was big...

Spike walks in, shoulders drooping, eye liner heavy...

Indy 'did I tell you about the time I had to wear eye liner in Barcelona? It was so depressing...'

I'm not good at dialogue at all though! LOL!!!!

I'd love to see a transition for the Gulf Wars too. He could go on and on about Ned...
Old 05-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #179
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Here are my bookends for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:

Old Indy is sitting on the couch watching The X-Files. His daughter Daphne walks into the room. She is wearing an apron and is obviously busy cooking something.

Daphne:
Dad, could you check on the kids for me? I’ll all tied up right now.

Old Indy:
Oh Daphne! You always make me miss my shows!

Indy begrudgingly gets up from the couch and mumbles something under his breath. He walks to the backdoor, opens it, and goes out into the yard. It is very dark outside. We see a shooting star in the background. About ten kids are sitting around a campfire. Indy sees a bright light emitting from the kids’ tent. He slowly moves closer to investigate.

Annie and Harry:
(pop out of tent) BOO!

Old Indy:
Hey kids! How’s your sleepover going?

Harry:
Great! We-

Annie:
We were just getting ready to tell ghost stories!

Old Indy:
Ghost stories, eh? Sounds like fun. (looks back at the house) Well… I better get back to the house!

Harry:
Why don’t you stay out here with us?

Annie:
(sarcastically) Yeah, we know how much you like to tell stories. Besides, Harry's just scared.

Harry:
AM NOT!

Old Indy:
(sighs) Guess I’ll have to catch a re-run.

Harry:
Huh?

Old Indy:
Nothing. (looks at campfire) OOOOOK, come over here and I’ll tell you a story that’ll scare your socks off!

Everyone sets down and everything is silent while Indy thinks. We hear that cheesy “werewolf” sound effect in the background.

Harry:
Well go ahead great-grandpa, tell us a story!

Old Indy:
OK, I remember now. It was 1957, and me and my friend Mac were digging in Mexico. We were kidnapped by some Russians, taken to Nevada and told to find an… (looks around and stresses word) ALIEN artifact from several years earlier…

About an hour or so later, Indy is finishing his story.

Old Indy:
The skull opened up a portal… (spreads arms) to a whole new dimension! And the Russians were all taken away! The rest of us escaped the temple and watched, as the alien ship flew away. We were overwhelmed by the spectacle, and decided to spend the night on that very mountain! After that, we returned home and I was made dean of the college! Marion and I were married, and we all lived happily ever after.

Kids (some of them are asleep by now, the rest are listening intently):
WOW!

Old Indy:
Well it’s getting late. You kids best get to bed!

As Indy walks back toward the house, he looks up at the sky.

Harry:
(looks at Annie) Do you think he really did all that?

Annie:
(shrugs)

Last edited by Adamwankenobi : 05-24-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #180
tupogirl
IndyFan

Rotflmbo! That was awesome.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #181
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Thanks! I've still got to do bookends for Raiders, but I'm having a hard time finding a McGuffin.

EDIT: I just realized I got the parent/kids mixed up. Oh well, I guess we can say Daphne is watching her nephew and niece.

Last edited by Adamwankenobi : 05-25-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:55 AM   #182
Bullwhip
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
I just uploaded Part 1 of "The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles" which is
my compilation of all the bookends in their original broadcast order.
If you're longing to hear the opening theme and see the credits once
again, here's the place. Plus, I added a bumper with George Hall's voice.

This one is the often seen, "Curse of the Jackal", but the others will
soon follow. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP1XQK8cUrg

I love you.
Bullwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #183
Flannery10
IndyFan

It's been a while since you uploaded the last bookends, Stoo! I'm really looking forward to see the Petrograd and the Scandal ones. Are you gonna upload some more soon?
Flannery10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #184
Stoo
IndyFan

I will but am having trouble with the first pair in "Scandal". The opener of Part 1 is in French
and I wish to add subtitles. Having difficulty with the translation and one of the files is corrupted.
Any French-speaking, Young Indy fans who can help out?

Guess who I'll be calling when I get to the German "Transylvania" bookends?

Here's a grim situation:
I had to redo my "Scandal" Part 2 DVD because it was screwy and the VHS tape got chewed up by my VCR
The tape will not eject at all! With not enough time to bring the machine in for repairs, it is sitting at home
in Canada with the top lid off and spools of unwound tape coming out of it.

Fortunately, I have a copy of those bookends other DVDs but it doesn't look good for my poor, "Scandal" tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwhip
I love you.
Awww... Glad you're enjoying them!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #185
Flannery10
IndyFan

How come you have some of them in English and some of them in French or German? Just curious!

Thank god you made copies of those bookends. I used to speak French quite well, but I haven't spoken it it years, so it's kinda rusty. I wish I could help you with those, but I'll definetely help you with the German ones.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #186
tupogirl
IndyFan

I have some in German. From a trade. But it's very fuzzy.

Good luck on getting your VCR fixed when you get home.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #187
Flannery10
IndyFan

Quote:
I have some in German. From a trade. But it's very fuzzy.

If you need them translated, just ask. I'd be glad to see (and especially, hear) the bookends in German again.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #188
tupogirl
IndyFan

Aw thanks, Flannery 10. It's the Vlad episode so I don't think there are bookends to it.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #189
Flannery10
IndyFan

Quote:
Aw thanks, Flannery 10. It's the Vlad episode so I don't think there are bookends to it.

There are, but many people don't know that, because it was never aired on US TV as a single episode (perhaps it was, but not on the originally planned date and time). I'm not sure if all the bookends were kept or synchronized for the German episodes, because they aired the episodes in a different order there.

That's a problem the Germans have with the DVDs by the way. They can't find a german synchronization for all the re-edits, because some of them never aired on German TV and only 12 of the 22 were released on VHS back in 2000. Perhaps they should release the originals with the bookends in Germany.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #190
tupogirl
IndyFan

LOL, there you go! I found that my versions were so blurry, they were unwatchable.

Oh yeah. I remember you guys talking about the bookends for that one, a Halloween episode if I am correct.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #191
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannery10
How come you have some of them in English and some of them in French or German? Just curious!

but I'll definetely help you with the German ones.
Great! I've picked out a few words but that's it. I got this episode in a trade which is why it's German (recorded from ORF 1).

I missed the 1st 10mins. of "Scandal" but managed to record them when it was repeated on a French channel.
This episode is unique as it has 2 sets of bookends: the taxi and the theatre. There's only about 1 min. of French
dialogue but there's a couple of words I don't understand. C'mon French Young Indy fans, where are you?

Actually, I could just post them as they are but would rather do this right!

Quote:
Thanks, tupes. I've had a lot of experience with chewed up tapes but can honestly say this is the WORST.
It's not so much the VCR that I'm worried about (as it has served me well), it's the danged tape! I also have
some good documetary footage on there that relates (Gershwin, etc.) Anyway, I think the VCR is toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannery10
There are, but many people don't know that, because it was never aired on US TV as a single episode (perhaps it was, but not on the originally planned date and time).
Not in The States, that I know of. It's very likely it (and all the Euro epsiodes) was shown in parts of Canada
on the French version of the CBC when they aired the series in 1994. One, rainy afternoon, I caught "Florence"
just starting and, again, flew to the VCR! (Which also explains why I only have the closing bookend for that one.)

Interesting news about the German synchronization, Flannery.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #192
fommes
IndyFan

I've got the English bookends for those episodes on VHS, Stoo, with Dutch subtitles. And I got Florence from the BBC, if I'm not mistaken, so that doesn't have any subtitles. So if you don't understand fragments let me know which, or I may do a quick transcription.
fommes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #193
Stoo
IndyFan

Yesssssssssss. (Just read your PM). Oh, Happy Day!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #194
Flannery10
IndyFan

That's great, fommes. Do you have the opening bookend for the Florence episode, cause it'd be great to have it on youtube, too.

I was always looking forward to see those Scandal bookends. I read the descriptions on the Internet and they seem to be really funny. How does Old Indy sound in French, Stoo? I vaguely remember Old Indy's voice in German.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:18 AM   #195
fommes
IndyFan

Sure, I'll try and post it on youtube when occasion arises - that could be a few more weeks though (for several practical reasons, like a better VCR).
fommes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #196
tupogirl
IndyFan

Quote:
Thanks, tupes. I've had a lot of experience with chewed up tapes but can honestly say this is the WORST.
It's not so much the VCR that I'm worried about (as it has served me well), it's the danged tape! I also have
some good documetary footage on there that relates (Gershwin, etc.) Anyway, I think the VCR is toast.

I remember back in the 90's when VCR's cost about $100 to replace. Now they last maybe 2 years and cost less than $30:P. The tapes are definitely the harder thing to replace!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #197
T.E.Lawrence
IndyFan

Quote:

The Transylvania episode was broadcasted with bookends.

If I can remember correctly it starts with Halloween and the children are ringing to Indy's house with masks. It reminds a little bit to an E.T. scene

Indy enters them in the house and starts a story about Vlad.

At the end of story Indy scares them with the artificial dracula teeth and the children are running scared out of the house

If anyone of you has a bootleg soundtrack of "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Volume 5" by Curt Sobel, some of the tracks there are from that bookend.
I have almost been able to contact Curt Sobel by a person who knew him few years ago but didn't made it.

I am also trying to establish a contact with a person that I meet few years ago over the Internet. He has all the original broadcast transfered to DVD from a 1st generation brodcast VHS SP copy. I am trying to establish a contact and aquire a DVDs.
T.E.Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #198
Marty McFly
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.E.Lawrence
The Transylvania episode was broadcasted with bookends.

If I can remember correctly it starts with Halloween and the children are ringing to Indy's house with masks. It reminds a little bit to an E.T. scene

Indy enters them in the house and starts a story about Vlad.

At the end of story Indy scares them with the artificial dracula teeth and the children are running scared out of the house

If anyone of you has a bootleg soundtrack of "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Volume 5" by Curt Sobel, some of the tracks there are from that bookend.
I have almost been able to contact Curt Sobel by a person who knew him few years ago but didn't made it.

I am also trying to establish a contact with a person that I meet few years ago over the Internet. He has all the original broadcast transfered to DVD from a 1st generation brodcast VHS SP copy. I am trying to establish a contact and aquire a DVDs.

Haha, I was wondering how Old Indy would have told people that story. It was just so out there that no one would have believed him.
Marty McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #199
tupogirl
IndyFan

I want to see Old Indy with dracula teeth.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #200
Peacock's-Eye
IndyFan

To be honest - I do not miss "Old Indy" - at all.

I'm a very loyal fan - at the time I thought, "Ok, I see the point, and GL wants to try this, and the actor is fun to watch. So..."

But I think those (dare I say "preachy"?) bookends turned off alot of people.

To this day, I think they should have done the first season with just Sean, sans bookends, instead of throwing people into the deep end. I love the show - overall, best thing GL ever produced - but even I thought, "A coming of age story about a 9 year old kid isn't what most people think of when you say Indiana Jones..."
Peacock's-Eye is offline   Reply With Quote