Mutt's expression when Indy and Marion kiss.

Raiders90

At the wedding, when Indy and Marion kiss, Mutt gives this expression, almost like he is upset, saddened or dismayed, or wishes he could stop it from happening:
494.jpg

Why do you think he gives this expression?

Was Shia putting some of himself into Mutt at that moment?:

Forget his ?Transformers? co-star Megan Fox, actor Shia LaBeouf apparently thinks his mother is the ?sexiest? woman he knows.
In a new interview with Playboy magazine, the actor reveals some unusual thoughts about the woman who gave him life, reports Star magazine.

In a new interview with Playboy magazine, the actor reveals some unusual thoughts about the woman who gave him life, reports Star magazine.

"Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother," he says. "She's an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren't my mother, as sick as that sounds."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518857,00.html

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I don't really have any credible account of that moment, other than to suggest that Mutt may <I>still</I> be surprised by how lively his parents are.

Raiders90

Attila the Professor said:
I don't really have any credible account of that moment, other than to suggest that Mutt may <I>still</I> be surprised by how lively his parents are.

But he just went on an adventure with them both...So I'd imagine he knows how lively they are. Not only that, but he's 18 or 19, right? Surely Marion had boyfriends during his life, besides his stepfather? And he tries to stop Indy and Marion from kissing earlier in the film, too.....

With Shia's statements on his own mother, the fact that George forbid any writer from writing about Marion's life between 1936 and 1957, Mutt trying to stop his parents from kissing, and then, being utterly saddened/dismayed/upset when he sees his mother kiss his father, says to me that Mutt might have some damage.

Besides, if he was shocked, wouldn't an expression of surprise, rather than utter dismay and jealousy, be more appropriate?

Montana Smith

I think it's Shia's attempt, armed as he is with limited acting ability, to depict the cliché of a youth shocked at the intimacy of oldsters to whom he's related. :p

HenryJunior

Agreed Montana, in the end cliché and predictable. He acts shocked as if he REALLY didn't expect them to kiss at a WEDDING (... granted Marion is a tad eccentric about it :D )

Oh and remember:
funnygraphsnononononono.jpg

Forbidden Eye

Shouldn't Spielberg also deserve the "blame" for including that shot in the first place?

Anyway, I think the shot was suppose to show disgust than shock.

fenris

I think he was shocked that it was his mom who initiated the kiss.

Plus, old couples kissing like that is... well... shocking for a kid (especially if it's their kid).

Vance

At this point, Mutt hasn't quite accepted Indiana as his dad yet. He hasn't quite internalized it. I think this shot isn't supposed to be anything more than a "Dude, that's my MOM!" shot.

Raiders90

Vance said:
At this point, Mutt hasn't quite accepted Indiana as his dad yet. He hasn't quite internalized it. I think this shot isn't supposed to be anything more than a "Dude, that's my MOM!" shot.

Perhaps.....

Forget his ?Transformers? co-star Megan Fox, actor Shia LaBeouf apparently thinks his mother is the ?sexiest? woman he knows.

"Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother," he says. "She's an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren't my mother, as sick as that sounds."

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Why do you think he gives this expression?

Was Shia putting some of himself into Mutt at that moment?
Why are you fixated on this aspect, Raiders902105559872450?:confused:

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Why are you so obsessed with how I feel on things, would-be Mod?
Raiders1123909384750, you started this thread so don't get upset if someone asks a question.:rolleyes: You've made it clear before that you HATE Mutt but when it comes to discussing his part in "Crystal Skull" you keep bringing up sh*t from Shia's personal life. People have provided some reasonable answers to your question but you're still fixated on Shia's bizarre, personal life angle. What is your fascination with an actor you hate so much?

If anyone bothered to follow your poor example, a thread could be started about how Indiana Jones looks stoned in certain scenes because Harrison Ford smokes pot!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vance

Raiders112390 said:
Perhaps.....

What's your obsession on this? Most people actually have their parent as their role-model for attraction. Shia said it awkwardly, of course, but it's really not that unusual. It is very unusual for you to fixate on.

And, in case you need a reminder, Karen Allen is not Shia Labouf's real mother. She's a completely different woman playing the character of Mutt's mother in a single movie.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Brooke Logan

At this point, Mutt hasn't quite accepted Indiana as his dad yet. He hasn't quite internalized it.

Maybe he isn't totally on board with the coupling yet, that's kind of how I feel about it. He may not completely trust Indy, after all he hasn't known him all that long and he probably knows that Indy and Marion have had a rocky time of it in the past.

I think Mutt was close to the man who raised him, Marion's first husband, and not yet fully accepting of Indy as his father.

I liked the expression, because that's sort of how I felt about the wedding scene, over-the-top imo!

Or maybe I just like the idea of the classic womanizer Indiana Jones with a different love interest every year.;)