A real Indy 4 SPOILER! (Maybe)

Randy_Flagg

Supposedly it's been confirmed-- Tom Hanks will be in Indy 4, playing Frank Le-broque, a detective in 1950 Paris. Nothing more is said about the role, but rumours have it Hanks will be on Indy?s good side.

According to Ain't It Cool News: "Frank (Darabont) is still working on the final touches of the script" so said Spielberg. "And yes I have read it, and NO I can't tell you anything else about the other roles. But the way Tom's Character is written will surprise allot of people I think. Tom just read the script with the idea of giving us some advise, but when he came upon the part of this detective he just jumped on it! He REALLY wanted the part!" -- "and I can only say: the waiting for me is becoming as hard as it is for the rest of the world!" he added smiling.

Randy_Flagg

Ummmm... never mind. I think this may be a false rumor after all. Just did a little more research on it, and there seems to be nothing else to substantiate this. Sorry everyone (though it may be just as well... not sure how well Tom would fit in.)

00Kevin

Indyfan
I don't know, Tom Hanks is a good action, and he knows steven pretty well, but I can't see him as a charactor in an indy film, but I guess I am underestimateing(SP?) him........

Randy_Flagg

I apologize for even posting this. I read it on another site, and then when I checked "Ain't It Cool News" there was nothing about this, so I think someone was just making it up. Still, it's true that Tom and Steve have worked together, so who knows?

wolfgang

ARE YOU KIDDDING??!?!?! thats SENSATIONAL NEWS!! TOM HANKS? he is my favorite actor. I really can't picture him on an indy movie, bur I'll see.

Randy_Flagg

In an attempt to redeem myself for posting what is probably just a false rumor, here's what is actually posted on "Ain't It Cool":

Frank Darabont is on page 80 of the Indiana Jones script. He says that Harrison Ford won't be reading the script till Steven Spielberg hands him a copy, which won't happen till Frank finishes the script to Steven's delight. Frank has told me that he is "Loving what I'm writing, but it's going slower than..." he'd like. Frank would not divulge any details of the script, nor would he give the title out. Though he claims that Steven and George know the title. I'll work both of them over next! Meanwhile, I think that it is time to relax, let Frank get back to writing, because he told me that the day he's finished with INDY 4, he's going to begin work... at last... on FAHRENHEIT 451... his personal dream project... and that my friends... that will be a day of great celebration!

Randy_Flagg

Renderking Fisk said:
So, Randy... where did you get the info on the Tom Hanks rummor?

Supposedly it's been confirmed...

Just wondering...

It was on a discussion board on comingsoon.com

It seemed convincing enough, especially since whoever started the thread managed to get a bunch of other people to take him seriously (in fact someone else on that forum said they heard about it too.) So I immediately headed over here to spread the news. Foolishly, I didn't bother to actually check "ain't it cool news" ahead of time. Now that I did check it, I can't find the article that mentions any of this, so I suspect whoever put it on that other forum was just having fun. On the other hand, maybe the article was just removed from the site... who knows?

DrJones56

IndyFan
Detective? Hello, Catch me if you can... I'm not saying that's what this is about, but I don't buy it. I can't find anything else about this anywhere, I think we can safely say it's bogus... :(

Attila the Professor

Staff member
DrJones56 said:
Detective? Hello, Catch me if you can... I'm not saying that's what this is about, but I don't buy it. I can't find anything else about this anywhere, I think we can safely say it's bogus... :(

Yeah, it does sound rather similar to that...Spielberg gives him the script, hoping he'll take a small role, he then decides to take on the detective character...very derivative.

bob

I really wouldnt trust comingsoon.net especially anyone from forums....

However i think that the idea of Indy entering some sort of Noir (Hard Boiled etc) setting is not too unlikely

Indy Smith

don't forget the last Indy was as much a spoof of 1940's adventure movies as it was of the 1st one. TLC was very funny indeed.

NileQT87

itll be a distraction from the film.

though another part of me says...but dan aykroyd was in indy...

except he was so disguised, its rare to pick him out. you never even get to see much of his face. and he sounds british, though if you know its him, the voice really isnt far off. id know, im listening to the blues brothers soundtrack right now and i know his pitch. he talks weird enough as it is, with the british thing it disguises it even more.

tom hanks would stick out like a sore thumb though, unless it was done danny webber style. stick a beard or mustache on him at least. and a hat, glasses whatever.

Randy_Flagg

The person who posted this rumor on Comingsoon.net has now confirmed that he made it up. Oh well, don't I feel like the fool now...

IndyMac

Here's what mixed everybody up... Steven Spielbergs follow-up to Indiana Jones 4 will be a detective movie...starring Tom Hanks. It'll be the third time Tom and Steven have worked together. That's what's mixing everyone up.
And before everyone asks, NO I don't know the exact link to this story. And I know all this because I pay attention to Aint it cool news, comingsoon, cinescape, and all the other movie sites on the internet. So that's my two-cents.